TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vb 40Th For Sale, Csm-07Xl394, $59,990

Don't know the car, but thought I'd put this out here for the TS family.

The consignment dealer has been in biz well over 20 years.

Here is the link to the ad,

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/4382864867.html

Looks like a nice, nice car. The ad description is pretty jacked up however. They listed the stock “SVT Tuned” suspension, all bye bye on the 40th.

The 40ths have to be the most misunderstood car in the Shelby lineup ...

Looks like a nice, nice car. The ad description is pretty jacked up however. They listed the stock “SVT Tuned” suspension, all bye bye on the 40th.

You are so correct. How many adds do we see that are misrepresented? Most are second owner or dealers that have no idea what they have. I suppose it is because there are becoming so many GT500s out there, that if it has Lemans stripes, must be a Shelby. And if it's an '07, must be the 40th.

Addendum to the "misunderstood" comment. You would think there would be greater demand for the 40th's with prices being more in line with supply. I just don't think people appreciate the fact that only 312 of these cars are out there. Compare that to many more KR's, Super Snakes, SGT's, GTH's. Heck, there are even more Ford GT's out there and their prices are going through the roof. (I know the FGT is a class by itself, and not a Shelby, but still numbers wise, there are at least a thousand more of those). I hope we 40th owners, or you owners if/when mine sells, will get the last laugh someday:)

Archived