TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who Wants To Know A Simeone Secret?

Z-man

While not officially announced yet, the Simeone Museum is planning a Mustang retrospective event in the 'mid-summer' time frame. There has been discussion of a Friday night "kick-start" dinner with guest speakers, and a formal indoor display of approximately 20 significant Mustangs. This display will include Mustangs and Shelby's from the original 1964-and a half model up to...well. let's not give away all the surprises just yet.

In addition to the indoor display, and outdoor car show for all makes/models/years of Mustangs is also being planned for the following Sunday.

If you have a Shelby that you would like considered for indoor display (and a few associated 'special' perks), that meets the following criteria, please contact me by sending me a PM through Team Shelby...

• Your car must be availalbe to stay on display at the museum for approximately 2 weeks
  • Your car must be in perfect condition and pristine...after all, you are representing the "Shelby" marque!
  • Your car must be stock for indoor display (knowing some of you guys, this may be the most difficult request)

More details will be posted as they become available

Z-man

(you didn't hear it from me :) )

• 1 month later...

PM's have been sent to those folks who responded to my original post, and were lucky enough to move to 'round two' of the selection process!!!!

If anyone else is interested, now is the time to contact me as we are in the midst of finalizing which cars will be included in the display.

Z-man

We are still looking for a stock (or at least stock appearing) 2007-2009 GT500.

Anyone interested should send me a PM for consideration.

Also looking for a 302 Mustang II Cobra. Anyone have a lead on one of those?

Z-man

Sounds good. I'd surly be interested. Once u get more details- let me know. Thanks for looking out!

S1000HAWK -

Please contact me via PM. I want to make you an offer you can't refuse.

Z-man

We are still looking for a stock (or at least stock appearing) 2007-2009 GT500.

Anyone interested should send me a PM for consideration.

Also looking for a 302 Mustang II Cobra. Anyone have a lead on one of those?

Z-man

herpony

• 3 weeks later...

S1000HAWK -

Please contact me via PM. I want to make you an offer you can't refuse.

Z-man

Not having any luck connecting with you :shrug: .

Please send me a PM, or let me know how to contact you.

Z-man

• 4 weeks later...

So what ever happened to this event?

It starts this weekend and runs through July 27th. Here is a link to the show info...

http://simeonemuseum.org/events/50-years-of-mustang-show

We will be hosting a Mustang / Shelby car show on the 27th as well, and are just working out the final details. I'll post more info on that in the next few days, as final decisions should be made shortly.

Thanks for asking!

Z-man

Mustang-Poster-1024x662.jpg

Few cars have had the impact that the Ford Mustang did when it was introduced in 1964. The original Ford Mustang debuted at the attractive price of $2,368. Dealers were inundated with requests for the sleekly-styled new vehicle. Ford initially forecast annual sales of about 100,000 units. On the first day alone, dealers took 22,000 Mustang orders. During the Mustang’s first 12 months on the market, sales built to an astounding 417,000. Within two years, sales had catapulted to one million.

We’ll honor this icon on its birthday with a special show spanning the various models and special editions. Cars that will be part of the display include:

1965 Shelby GT-350

1966 Mustang Conv K Code

1966 Mustang GT350 H

1967 Shelby GT-500

1970 Mustang BOSS 302

1991 Mustang GT Conv

2006 Shelby GT-Hertz

2012 Shelby GT-500KR

2009 Mustang BOSS 429

2012-13 Mustang BOSS 302

2014 Mustang GT350

Mustang-Legends-194x300.jpgOn the opening weekend of the Mustang show, we’ll also have a special “Mustang Racing Legends” day. Beginning at Noon on Sunday, July 13th, we will have a discussion of the development of the Mustang as a racer with Chuck Cantwell, the “Father of the GT350.” Chuck came to Shelby American expressly to make the Mustang into a high-performance car on a level with the Cobra. He’ll be joined by Greg Kolasa, author of The Definitive Shelby Mustang Guide: 1965-1970.

We’ll also have several very special racing Mustangs on display just for this day, including the first GT350 R Model race car (5R002), Mark Donohue’s GT350R in which he won the SCCA B Production Championship, the Shelby team Trans-Am Mustang, the George Follmer Trans-Am Mustang and a 429 Boss Mustang Dragster.

Info on the car show...

Mustang Club Car Show, July 20

Rounding out our tribute to the Mustang, we’ll have a show on our back parking lot on Sunday, July 20th, from 10 am to 3 pm, open to all Mustang Clubs and owners. Cost for entry is $25 per car and that includes admission for the driver to the museum. Certificates will be given to the top 10 cars as selected by the judging committee.

It starts this weekend and runs through July 27th. Here is a link to the show info...

http://simeonemuseum.org/events/50-years-of-mustang-show

We will be hosting a Mustang / Shelby car show on the 27th as well, and are just working out the final details. I'll post more info on that in the next few days, as final decisions should be made shortly.

Thanks for asking!

Z-man

Mustang-Poster-1024x662.jpg

Few cars have had the impact that the Ford Mustang did when it was introduced in 1964. The original Ford Mustang debuted at the attractive price of $2,368. Dealers were inundated with requests for the sleekly-styled new vehicle. Ford initially forecast annual sales of about 100,000 units. On the first day alone, dealers took 22,000 Mustang orders. During the Mustangs first 12 months on the market, sales built to an astounding 417,000. Within two years, sales had catapulted to one million.

Well honor this icon on its birthday with a special show spanning the various models and special editions. Cars that will be part of the display include:

1965 Shelby GT-350

1966 Mustang Conv K Code

1966 Mustang GT350 H

1967 Shelby GT-500

1970 Mustang BOSS 302

1991 Mustang GT Conv

2006 Shelby GT-Hertz

2012 Shelby GT-500KR

2009 Mustang BOSS 429

2012-13 Mustang BOSS 302

2014 Mustang GT350

Mustang-Legends-194x300.jpgOn the opening weekend of the Mustang show, well also have a special Mustang Racing Legends day. Beginning at Noon on Sunday, July 13th, we will have a discussion of the development of the Mustang as a racer with Chuck Cantwell, the Father of the GT350. Chuck came to Shelby American expressly to make the Mustang into a high-performance car on a level with the Cobra. Hell be joined by Greg Kolasa, author of The Definitive Shelby Mustang Guide: 1965-1970.

Well also have several very special racing Mustangs on display just for this day, including the first GT350 R Model race car (5R002), Mark Donohues GT350R in which he won the SCCA B Production Championship, the Shelby team Trans-Am Mustang, the George Follmer Trans-Am Mustang and a 429 Boss Mustang Dragster.

It looks like you are saying there is a 2012 GT 500KR or am I reading that wrong?

Hopefully I can make it there...

It looks like you are saying there is a 2012 GT 500KR or am I reading that wrong?

Hopefully I can make it there...

Nope, that's a typo. By his own admission.the person who typed up the list is not a Mustang expert, so he probably transposed a date.

If you stop by, make sure to ask for me.

Z-man (aka Bill)

Archived