TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking For Answers About My Transmission Tsb Done

manolo

Hello my name is manuel i own a 2009 shelby gt500, i bught the car on april 2013, a new trans and a new clutch was installed prior to sale, on feb this year the input shaft is damage and all the synchronizers are burn up, after talking to the dealer Texas Direct Auto in houston, they agree to help, they rebuild my trasmission with a new input shaft (BG600) from D&D performance, new synchronizers (BS6012C, BS6034H, BS6056H) New bearing input (BB4) and replace clutch KIT (7R3Z-7L596-A) and flywheel (9R3Z-6375-B) cylinder (4R3Z-7A508-AA), they finally call me yesterday and the car was ready to pick up, i drive for a few blocks and i fill a small vibation on 1st and 2nd gear, they say its normal but to be honest i dont know what to think anymore, i leave the car on the Dealer one more time saying that this is not normal for me and they promise that they are going to check the car again.

Can someone help me or help me to find anwsers please

Manuel

Well my friend Torch Red Texan thanks for your comment luckily to me Mr Grabber from Team Shelby came to my help and he gave me the solution, the support of the transmission was put upside down and i fixed with his help now the problem is gone forever. Mr. Gabber is the man.

And im on Houston Texas on Cypress.

Hello my name is manuel i own a 2009 shelby gt500, i bught the car on april 2013, a new trans and a new clutch was installed prior to sale, on feb this year the input shaft is damage and all the synchronizers are burn up, after talking to the dealer Texas Direct Auto in houston, they agree to help, they rebuild my trasmission with a new input shaft (BG600) from D&D performance, new synchronizers (BS6012C, BS6034H, BS6056H) New bearing input (BB4) and replace clutch KIT (7R3Z-7L596-A) and flywheel (9R3Z-6375-B) cylinder (4R3Z-7A508-AA), they finally call me yesterday and the car was ready to pick up, i drive for a few blocks and i fill a small vibation on 1st and 2nd gear, they say its normal but to be honest i dont know what to think anymore, i leave the car on the Dealer one more time saying that this is not normal for me and they promise that they are going to check the car again.

Can someone help me or help me to find anwsers please

Manuel

Manuel - For record, this is the repair.

The 2009 Transmission cross support is a multi Car line part. It goes in one way for the regular Mustang, and it goes in the other way (flipped over) for the 2009 GT500. If it was put in upside down it will be a little too low and create the vibration you speak of. See this Pic of my wifes 2009 GT500 with the cross support in the correct orientation. Check this pic with your car. If it does not look like this you will have to flip it over. You will need to jack the transmission up just a little to put the transmission cross support in the correct position. Use a bottle jack and a piece of wood as a protector on the tranny. Put pressure on the tranny to hold it in place. Then undo the 6 support bolts on the cross member. Then jack the tranny a little bit and re install the support. Done.

042-1.jpg

Archived