TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby Owner In Atlanta

mavisky

Just dropping in and saying hey.

Car is a 2009 GT500 vert. Black and red leather interior with vapor silver (1 of 4 with this combo), stripe delete, hid, navigation.

Previous owner only put 9,000 miles on it but got the TSB for the clutch done in that time frame. Car is in very very good shape with only a little nick on the front "nose" of hte front bumper and a scratch or two on the center console. He'd gone ahead and installed a full set of Nitto NT555's all around in place of the original goodyears, a set of nice aluminum GT500 reservoir caps under the hood, and a set of sequential taillights. Other than that she's a blank canvas for me.

I've already got a set of the GT500KR mufflers on order from FRPP and I'll be ordering up the GT500KR shocks and springs this weekend.

Look forward to meeting some other GT500 owners in the area. I spotted one yesterday that was an 07-09 (white with blue stripes) and I work near a gentleman who owns a 2012+ (black with red stripes in Tucker, GA).

Here's a few pics, just haven't taken many of it yet.

1625700_10203447157685811_2125387816_n_z

IMG_20140301_181337_278_zpsvexhj2hq.jpg

Previous SN95 I sold to help fund the upgrade.

IMG_1420_zpscfd24eb1.jpg

Indian Trail/Lilburn Rd south of 85 and heading south. Was about 5:45 pm or so. Looked similar to your car, but I don't remember the fender stripes at the time. I had my top down and threw a wave to the driver.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Indian Trail/Lilburn Rd south of 85 and heading south. Was about 5:45 pm or so. Looked similar to your car, but I don't remember the fender stripes at the time. I had my top down and threw a wave to the driver.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Nope, wasn't me ........I rarely make it up that way

But hopefully I'll see you at a show or two in the future!

One of these days we're going to have to try to get something going with Atlanta area Shelby Drivers. :whistling:

Here is your opportunity:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/83669-spring-fever-cruisin-the-smokies-to-charlotte/

Would love to, but can't make that one

and it's a little outside of the Atlanta area. I'm talking about local gatherings for modding and socializing

and group support for our common HP addiction :hysterical:

I'll be out of town the entire week before for work and will need to be back in the office at least the next full week following to get caught back up. Otherwise that would be very tempting. At this point I'm focusing on maybe trying to make it out to the NMRA event so I can chat one on one with the guys from VMP as well as see some badass Mustangs on Saturday the 12th.

Would love to, but can't make that one

and it's a little outside of the Atlanta area. I'm talking about local gatherings for modding and socializing

and group support for our common HP addiction :hysterical:

I hear you. A little bit of a commitment, but you're really not that far from the NC mountains. Head up GA 400 past Dahlonega, up the Richard B Russell parkway into Blairsville and then into NC. From there, just head towards Fontana. Used to ride my sport bikes up there back when I lived in ATL. I'm going for just the first day so I can enjoy the Dragon for the first time in many years.... and this time on four wheels. Local gatherings are great, but mountain drives are AH-SOME!

Viper, it will good to meet you on the first day of our trip in the Smokies...been looking forward to this trip for a while...

One week to go.... :yahoo:

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone as well. the '09 is out of the shop with a major front end project completed. Dare I call it "nimble"? I think I achieved the sports car feel I always wanted the car to be. The Smokies run will be a great test session.

I hear you. A little bit of a commitment, but you're really not that far from the NC mountains. Head up GA 400 past Dahlonega, up the Richard B Russell parkway into Blairsville and then into NC. From there, just head towards Fontana. Used to ride my sport bikes up there back when I lived in ATL. I'm going for just the first day so I can enjoy the Dragon for the first time in many years.... and this time on four wheels. Local gatherings are great, but mountain drives are AH-SOME!

Tell me about it! Western NC and Eastern TN is my absolute favorite region in the world! I lived in the Winston Salem area and spent a lot of time backpacking and Hiking in those mountains.I've also put in a lot of miles on the roads on both Motorcycles and cars! I'd love to get up that way again but there's just too much going on around the homestead right now. :banghead:

You guys have fun on the drive and keep it out of the cliff walls and keep an eye out for the cops. To me the Dragon has almost gotten over popularized. There's so much traffic and police presence that anymore it seems to devolve into a parade pretty quickly more than an actual enjoying drive. Last time I took a Mustang to the Smokies we stayed in Gatlinburg and loaded up google maps and started picking roads that weren't the major ones. They may not have 180,000 turns in 12 miles, but there's less traffic and that makes them more enjoyable.

Tell me about it! Western NC and Eastern TN is my absolute favorite region in the world! I lived in the Winston Salem area and spent a lot of time backpacking and Hiking in those mountains.I've also put in a lot of miles on the roads on both Motorcycles and cars! I'd love to get up that way again but there's just too much going on around the homestead right now. :banghead:

Maybe 2015..... or sooner. There was also some mention from a few guys about doing a track day at AMP this year. I'd be up for that and have an old college buddy who lives in Cumming that would like to join as well.

You guys have fun on the drive and keep it out of the cliff walls and keep an eye out for the cops. To me the Dragon has almost gotten over popularized. There's so much traffic and police presence that anymore it seems to devolve into a parade pretty quickly more than an actual enjoying drive. Last time I took a Mustang to the Smokies we stayed in Gatlinburg and loaded up google maps and started picking roads that weren't the major ones. They may not have 180,000 turns in 12 miles, but there's less traffic and that makes them more enjoyable.

Definitely agree about the over popularity of the Dragon. I remember in the early 90's we used to carve up the dragon in both directions multiple times and never see any THP or NCHP. Now you have to "plan" your run with someone going ahead and scouting for Johnny Law. Personally, I know quite a few roads in North GA, Western NC and up state SC that are less traveled and can be just as fun as the Dragon with less scrutiny by local law enforcement. For this trip, I'm along for the ride.

We can always plan our own trip for those who live in GA, NC and SC whenever we want. Would be good to have some activity from the guys/gals in the southeast.

Maybe 2015..... or sooner. There was also some mention from a few guys about doing a track day at AMP this year. I'd be up for that and have an old college buddy who lives in Cumming that would like to join as well.

Yeah, I'd love to see more going on at least a little North of Miami :whistling:

one of the guys on Fordgt500forums.com is going to head over to the C&O event this Sunday nice and early. If my wife let's me I'm going to try and join him at 6am to see if we can get a spot somewhere together.

Archived