TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Price Paid For 14 Shelby Gt500

dvdjreign

I have read stories about people that have ordered Shelby GT500's 2007 + and stated that the dealers were charging anywhere from 10 - 25k OVER invoice. Is that normal? I ended up paying 2k over invoice for mine. Just wondered if others were able to get a good deal or not.

I have read stories about people that have ordered Shelby GT500's 2007 + and stated that the dealers were charging anywhere from 10 - 25k OVER invoice. Is that normal? I ended up paying 2k over invoice for mine. Just wondered if others were able to get a good deal or not.

You have to bear in mind that in 2007 the GT500 was one of the newest and hottest cars to come out! The demand was so strong and supply was so small with often a years wait time from ordering ,it was inevetible that there were going to be Dealers out there who more than took advantage of the demand (shame on them!!!)

As such the pricing became over inflated! In today's market there is plenty of supply with a much smaller demand.

I'm sure that your pricing would reflect your location and the available supply locally.

If you did enough research,which I'm sure you did you would have known what would be a reasonable price for the car that you were prepared to pay!

In Canada for example,very few SVT dealers give any price discounts on SVT vehicles such as GT500s or Raptors.

13 15-2000 under sticker.

07 got it in 08 with 1100 miles for sticker or just under there was a trade involved I got a lot for.

You should not have to pay more than sticker.

Back when we bought our '07 the local dealer was charging $5000 over MSRP. They had been offered $10,000 over MSRP from a dealer 500 miles away that had a waiting list of people willing to pay much more, but they wanted to sell them locally and give their salesmen an opportunity to sell them. I was okay with paying over MSRP because I have been around the car business for years and understand how a dealer has to make it when they can, they sell most of their new cars for barely over invoice anymore and the salesmen sell $40,000 cars and make a couple hundred bucks for their efforts. I knew I could wait a few years and get a better buy, but I also knew that the invoices would go up bringing the total cost closer to what I had to pay in 2007, and I would get to enjoy my car for a while before the prices started to come down. When we bought ours, it had an MSRP of just under $45,000 and the only option I didn't order was XM radio. Today a loaded one has an MSRP pushing $70,000, but you can buy them for barely over invoice, so I would imagine that brings them down around $65,000. They're also a lot more car today than the '07's are, but I wouldn't be able to justify another $15,000, not to my wife anyway.

13 15-2000 under sticker.

07 got it in 08 with 1100 miles for sticker or just under there was a trade involved I got a lot for.

You should not have to pay more than sticker.

Naw I didn't, MSRP was 67k but only paid 64k for it.

This topic has been brought up over the years in many forms and questions......

What SS junkie stated is spot on , the early cars were ridiculously ADM'd. I was fortunate enuf to get mine at sticker in Jan. 07, but I had to wait for three months in total and get in line behind regular consumers. (Long story) but I was able to get my car as a Ford Motor Co. V.I.P.

They make VIP's wait.

Anyway, I am VERY pleased to see the '07-'09 cars on the way back up in values after sorta bottoming. It was inevitable, I just didn't expect it so soon.

:thumbsup:

Have a friend that paid $20K over MSRP back in '07 for a new one then. I bought a 2011 in Aug 2010 for $3K off MSRP and two months ago a 2014 for $2500 off the MSRP. Different dealer and had to really shop around. The last was 320 miles away.

We just paid close to MSRP for the 2014 we picked up yesterday, but we also got exactly the car we wanted (via a dealer trade, which cost them on shipping) and are in the SF Bay Area where ~10k ADM's still are common at many dealerships. Just takes finding a dealership that's in it for the long haul and not out to make a quick buck on one customer -- they know we'll be back, and so will our friends and family.

Archived