TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt 4 Catalytic Converters?

So I take my car the the emissions testing here in Parker CO and it won't pass the visual because it is supposed to have 4 catalytic converters? The Sticker on the under side of the hood has the following info on it:Emissions Control System 2TWC(2)/2HO2S(2)/EGR/SFI

So the manager say my car should have 4 catalytic converters and 4 O2 sensors based on the language on the sticker. I have the 4 O2 sensors but the car only has 2 catalytic converters (duh it only came with 2). Then he proceeds to tell me that the car wasn't built for the street it is more of a race car. WTF as the owner I'm pretty sure I know what my car was built for. He failed it on visual inspections due to the lack of 4 converters. Funny thing is my car passed fine 2 years ago.

Suggestions? Jer?

I believe your car has the wrong, mis-printed Emissions sticker. Some got through, back when the cars were built.

Send me an email reminder (JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com), and I'll overnight you the correct one (which looks like the attached photo)

Jer

Emissions SGT.jpg

New manager at this location he has the crew visually inspect every vehicle. Must drive a Prius and have a thing against cool cars. So he fails my car on a visual and then one of his snapper head employees pulls my car out of the bay and starts taking pictures of my interior? I probably wouldn't have minded if he had asked but his boss had just lit my fuse so they all got a complainte filed on them. Probably won't matter since the Peoples republic of Colorado runs the program.

Thanks Jer I'll get you an email for the new sticker.

I have no cats and my car passes here........thank you Jon Lund! :salute:

My car passed last time with the same tune, long tube headers and same catted mid pipe. Just takes one snapper head to screw the whole thing up.

I took my Ford GT in twice now. Both times they asked me if I had a particular exhaust configuration that puts bumps where the cats should be. They enter the VIN and come up with a specific list of things they are supposed to look for. Not too easy to cheat with computers tracking stuff now.

Archived