TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Some Kinda Rattle I Can't Seem To Find...

OsirisGT500

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He hasn't been helping. Doing what I can....

Clutch%201.jpg

Clutch%202.jpg

Clutch%203.jpg

Clutch%204.jpg

Clutch%205.jpg

Clutch%206.jpg

Rear%20End%202.jpg

Rear%20End%203.jpg

Rear%20End%201.jpg

TOB has different fitting than stock. He said he will get a stainless braided one. Hopefully this week so I can get the engine in the car.

Yep, they are a PITA! I'm surprised that you're not going with a SLA set up in front. Most just get the M-3075-RA arms and do delrin bushings. The Howe 19mm extended lower ball joints are a must to get the front roll center where you need it. Glad to hear that there is progress. I'm trying out some 4.10 gears this weekend to find out how much difference there is on having them verses the 3.73 gears as far as corner exit response goes. Who knows - it may be a waste but - I gotta know!

The SLA is a story for sure. I'll tell ya when I have possesion of the car. Anywho, got the tranny mounted after the custom hose for the TOB was sourced. Had to weld two different connectors because the RPS connector is different from the stock connector. Got the A arms on. He said we should do some wiring tomorrow so we can put the motor in. We'll see. He helped half the day today. Also the starter is in.

5.0%20engine%20and%20trans.jpg

Yuuuuppp. Got the headers on today. Steering rack. Had to take the k member off a few times for fitment issues. Oil pan was on the steering rack. Had to use one of the stack of 3 spacers the steeda motor mounts comes with. Made it really hard to do the headers. So off agian, lol. So tomorrow we drop car on it and get it on wheels...

5.0%20engine%20and%20trans%202.jpg

5.0%20engine%20and%20trans%203.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not much progress. Bolted down the go pedal, looks funny all black. Steering shaft is bolted to the rack but not all the way to the cab because he wants to wire before I put in the master cylinder etc... Got the bearing in, painted it because it was rusty. He keeps saying he wants to get on the wiring but still hasn't.

Cobra%20Build%2010.jpg

Cobra%20Build%209.jpg

God I hope so. Went back up tonight. He's still figuring out wiring. Now he wants to move the abs module to the passenger side for a headlight air intake. So I got the lens cover off of the headlight bucket. That was about as hard as the damn front LCA bushings.

I just dumped the headlight assemblies and put in a pair of carbon fiber cover plates. That made room for an air inlet box to be made in behind the plate and pull fresh air in from below and direct it to the CAI.

Sounds much easier. He found a spot for the ABS module. on passenger side but not what I expected lol. Mounted the breather catch can. I picked the hardest place ever it seems to mount it. Fuel presser is mounted too.

Cobra%20Build%2011.jpg

Cobra%20Build%2012.jpg

Trans will have it's own cooler pump yes. Clutch will be stock set up. Fuel lines and brake hard lines need to be ran. He will do them all one off's. Diff and trans coolers need to be done. Fuel pump needs a mounting bracket fabbed up. Oil cooler will need a bracket fabbed and probably steering cooler mounted to that too.

Archived