TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015/16 Svt Supercharged?

JeffJ

Ford Racing posted this picture this morning of the 2015 5.0 testing with a supercharger. I was guessing with all the success of Ecoboost that they may go turbo with the new GT350/SVT Mustang. But the Supercharged package is definitely in testing right now.

2015GT350SC_zps7ec75c57.jpg

The early rumors had the GT-500's being replaced by the N/A GT-350's as the new lower hood line would not support the 5.8 or a supercharger. This was one of the reasons I wanted to get the last of the GT-500's (a 2014). Now we may see another GT-500 sooner that we thought but I double it will be a 5.8 litter 662 hp monster. I'm still happy with my '14 and it will be interesting to see what the future brings.

The early rumors had the GT-500's being replaced by the N/A GT-350's as the new lower hood line would not support the 5.8 or a supercharger. This was one of the reasons I wanted to get the last of the GT-500's (a 2014). Now we may see another GT-500 sooner that we thought but I double it will be a 5.8 litter 662 hp monster. I'm still happy with my '14 and it will be interesting to see what the future brings.

If it was just the Hood, I do not think that would have stoped Ford from putting a 5.8 in the Mustang. After all, the Shelby has a different Hood than the Regular Mustangs have, so producing a Hood with a Rise or Bubble to clear the Engine/Supercharger would not have been a problem.

If it was just the Hood, I do not think that would have stoped Ford from putting a 5.8 in the Mustang. After all, the Shelby has a different Hood than the Regular Mustangs have, so producing a Hood with a Rise or Bubble to clear the Engine/Supercharger would not have been a problem.

I had heard it was because of the Mustang being a "World" car now and the requirement for the hood height/slope/angle to meet European pedestrian laws/standards. Now, what that means to people in the USA I don't have a clue (LOL). :shrug:

I had heard it was because of the Mustang being a "World" car now and the requirement for the hood height/slope/angle to meet European pedestrian laws/standards. Now, what that means to people in the USA I don't have a clue (LOL). :shrug:

That is a good question! No doubt that the design was aimed for global availablablility,so I guessed that they had to do their homework so as to meet every country's safety requirements!

Some of that is addressed in this short post via Time.com

I didn't see anything about the Hood. If the Hood was the only thing keep it from haveing a Supercharged 5.8, I say produce a different Hood just for that Engine, one with a Buldge like the 2010-2012 Hoods have, even if it is just for the US Cars.

I didn't see anything about the Hood. If the Hood was the only thing keep it from haveing a Supercharged 5.8, I say produce a different Hood just for that Engine, one with a Buldge like the 2010-2012 Hoods have, even if it is just for the US Cars.

That would be good for me as well!

Archived