TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Store

ZR1E8R

I've had numerous positive experiences with the Shelby Store/SPP(9 orders since 1/2013). Even when Shelby was moving, there was only a slight delay with one of my orders. The staff were very courteous helping me and kept me informed on my order.

Any issue I have ever had(very few), I simply pick up the phone and explain it to Tim/whoever answers. They have always been very helpful and courteous with me......

Best solution there, pick up the phone!!!! It seems some people find it easier to openly put someone on blast then to find out for themselves. Crickets? Everyone has the number.....JMHO

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE: Shelby Participation in Charlotte

Let me set the record straight:

1. I can't answer every question buried in every thread in every topic on this forum. Most people will testify I do everything in my power to seek out customers in need. Between TS and Facebook, I spend HOURS every day helping out, nearly 24/7, in fact. An email to me is often answered in MINUTES. The phrase "nothing but crickets from SA" is an insult.

2. Tim Stieve, a Team Shelby Regional Director, already answered in this thread 3 days ago. TS Directors ARE "SA" when it comes to a question about Team Shelby. You had your answer already.

3. If anyone really has an important question, they can EMAIL ME. I put my business card in EVERY MEMBERSHIP KIT this year, with my cell number, even. So, posting a gripe here is not REALLY trying to get an answer, it's just a way to poke fun at our expense.

4. Texas and California would definitely disagree that the East Coast is "where all the money is" for Shelby. Regardless, we don't choose where to go based on money - THAT would be "short-sighted". It's based on consumer interest.

5. We don't "ignore" anyone. We have limited manpower and resources, and the Shelby Vegas Bash and Grand Opening (along with the MCA 50th in our hometown) has taken all of it. If we had the chance to do anything on the East Coast we would, and *I* would spearhead it, being from the East Coast myself.

Jer

4. Texas and California would definitely disagree that the East Coast is "where all the money is" for Shelby. Regardless, we don't choose where to go based on money - THAT would be "short-sighted". It's based on consumer interest.

Jer

I digress and please allow me to re-phrase - East coast is where the majority of the money is and the car culture is stronger than ever. Shelby should be at both shows in my opinion. Are you stating there is not enough Shelby interest on the east coast to warrant the effort? Last I heard there will be tons of Shelby's at the CLT show.

2012-Net-Worth.jpg

I digress and please allow me to re-phrase - East coast is where the majority of the money is and the car culture is stronger than ever. Shelby should be at both shows in my opinion. Are you stating there is not enough Shelby interest on the east coast to warrant the effort? Last I heard there will be tons of Shelby's at the CLT show.

Go read #5.

We'd love to be at both shows. Can't be done.

Jer

Go read #5.

We'd love to be at both shows. Can't be done.

Jer

You're assuming I did not read #5. I did read #5. You have quite a few guys out here who offered to volunteer including myself who volunteered to receive any type of booth, take it to the show/set it up and then take it down later as I'm only 30 minutes from the speedway. Just pointing out a missed opportunity. No worries and no reason to joust verbally.

You're assuming I did not read #5. I did read #5. You have quite a few guys out here who offered to volunteer including myself who volunteered to receive any type of booth, take it to the show/set it up and then take it down later as I'm only 30 minutes from the speedway. Just pointing out a missed opportunity. No worries and no reason to joust verbally.

There is no "booth" to send, every resource is dedicated to the massive undertaking we have here in Vegas. That's it in a nutshell.

And I agree that there is no reason to "joust verbally", but someone kicked the cricket!

You know I always try to do right by you, Viper. No worries. Have a great weekend.

Jer

There is no "booth" to send, every resource is dedicated to the massive undertaking we have here in Vegas. That's it in a nutshell.

And I agree that there is no reason to "joust verbally", but someone kicked the cricket!

You know I always try to do right by you, Viper. No worries. Have a great weekend.

Jer

I have read some of the many recent posts on this thread,so while I do understand the many TS members on the east coast who would have liked a "personal" attendance by Shelby American,as Jer has had to point out,it is just not possible to be able to cover all events.

Especially as this is a huge year for the Mustang and that SA has one of the biggest ones in their backyard!

Also please bear in mind before ranting about this that the Factory has just gone through a major location move which can only be described as massive I'm sure!

There are many of us ALL over North America who would love to have SA attend some of our big events and shows(Canada) included!) but realize that they have limited resources and budgets to go to everything!

I know that I speak for just about every TS member,without the effort and dedication of the team at Shelby,we wouldn't have such a good TS club and a caring support network to take care of our needs and wants!!!

Lastly,but sorry to go on..... I have said this before,it has been an amazing turn of luck for us to have Jer so involved in not only putting together an amazing service to all of us in communication through this site,but making sure we all get new products,fast delivery on most items and best of all caring about each and everyone of the members!

You can't ask for more from a guy who is only human (he's working on cloning!) and who has a full time position with Shelby American,but also seems to spend a massive amount of time replying to the hundreds of questions for all of us here!

He doesn't need to do that,but he does, let's recognize that and continue to show our appreciation!!!!!

Jer

And your efforts are always appreciated (BTW - let me know when that billet oil pan is back in stock). We on the East coast are unfortunately geographically a challenge for your participation in the CLT show which is why I think you have some faithful folks looking to volunteer so Shelby has a presence. Maybe one day Shelby might have an East coast location which would be great for everyone.

Since I'm big on lists today:

1. Blake, we're making your oil pan, it's a special order just for you. Our computer showed 2 in stock the day you ordered, turns out they were snatched from our shelves by another division here that didn't do the proper paperwork with SPP's Inventory Manager. "D'oh!"

2. I'm the only Shelby exec from the East Coast. The day we can pull it off, we WILL, and I will be delighted. My Mom would love a visit.

3. We're building up Team Shelby so our TS Regional Directors have the resources to show up to an event with an impressive "presence" all over the world. Remember, we only took TS back in-house on December 1st. This type of thing will not be NEARLY as difficult in the future.

4. Shelby American has around 90 employees. SPP has 2 Call Center people, an Inventory Manager, a Shipping Manager, 2 warehouse staffers, a Wholesale Accounts Manager, and me. I always say we're a "small company supporting a BIG brand".

5. Nearly EVERY SPP staffer works overtime consistently. I'm often in the office from 4:45am - 4:00pm daily. That doesn't include all the "home office hours"…. like right now, LOL. If Tim Hill has a customer that hasn't been taken care of during the week, he comes in on Saturdays for a few hours, so no one hangs unattended all weekend. I read my email and monitor the forums and Facebook every moment I'm awake… at work, on my kitchen laptop, my iPad on the nightstand, the iPhone in my pocket… late nights, weekends, whatever. At roughly 300 emails per day, I try to answer everyone, but often cannot, but I DO forward them on to my team for assistance.

6. So many things that will benefit our loyal customers are in the works right now, yet they require a TON of effort. New products, our new shipping system, the best Bash ever, better support for our military personnel on foreign soil, the marketing and sales of takeoff parts, a streamlined system for International customers, financing options… did I mention SPP is only 8 people?

7. SPP is now deep in a sizeable project, a real challenge - designing, testing, marketing, selling, and fulfilling a parts assortment for the first new Mustang platform in almost a decade. The 2015 Mustang is all-new, and our plate is FULL. Did I mention SPP is only 8 people?

We're always going to do our best for you all, and we take our customers' needs personally. I promise.

Please, help us help you, whenever possible.

Above all, thank you all for your support,

Jer

I can vouch for Jer's "always on" mode. Below is but one example.

Jer helped me over Christmas 2013 when I needed to contact Steven Thornton for some registry information for an SGT purchase. I was going out of state and needed some rapid validation. I sent an email on 12/23 to Steven but it was in the middle of Christmas holiday season and I was leaving to go see the car right after Christmas.

So, I thought.....what the heck. Send an email to Jer.......

So, I sent an mail to Jer on 12/23/13 at 3:55pm CST. At 6:02pm CST, Jer responded, helped connect me to Steven, and did a warm hand-off. He could have easily just not responded or let Steven respond. But he didn't.......I was very appreciative! Jer, thanks for all you do.....

2012-Net-Worth.jpg

Net worth and purchasing power are not necessarily one in the same.

I can vouch for Jer's "always on" mode. Below is but one example.

Jer helped me over Christmas 2013 when I needed to contact Steven Thornton for some registry information for an SGT purchase. I was going out of state and needed some rapid validation. I sent an email on 12/23 to Steven but it was in the middle of Christmas holiday season and I was leaving to go see the car right after Christmas.

So, I thought.....what the heck. Send an email to Jer.......

So, I sent an mail to Jer on 12/23/13 at 3:55pm CST. At 6:02pm CST, Jer responded, helped connect me to Steven, and did a warm hand-off. He could have easily just not responded or let Steven respond. But he didn't.......I was very appreciative! Jer, thanks for all you do.....

You are MOST WELCOME, and THANK YOU for your patience and understanding….

Jer

Since I'm big on lists today:

1. Blake, we're making your oil pan, it's a special order just for you. Our computer showed 2 in stock the day you ordered, turns out they were snatched from our shelves by another division here that didn't do the proper paperwork with SPP's Inventory Manager. "D'oh!"

Jer

Now that is service. I appreciate your efforts. Ping me when it is in.

In the midst of GREAT customer service by the man himself. Case in point, I purchased the red line hood struts for my Super Snake. After they arrived, I seen the parts enclosed did not match the parts on the install instructions from Red line Tuning. I e-mailed Jer direct, and 5 min later he answered back wanting me to call him. Per his request, I did, several times on his cell phone and every one was answered. After not finding a solution, he had Andreas from Red line tuning call me(30 min later), and we are trying to work through a solution currently via email/calls. I also threw out there "If I don't get a definitive answer I will just bring the struts/drill/and rivet gun to the bash and you guys can show me how its done". Jer said we could do that too.

AWESOME customer service, but if I hadn't called or emailed him directly there would not have been an immediate response nor would the ball have started rolling toward a solution.

Thanks for all YOU and your TEAM does buddy!!!

Jim

Net worth and purchasing power are not necessarily one in the same.

I agree,that demographic is based on population,which we all know is because there has always been more people who live on the east coast,even here in Canada. West coast people are fewer in numbers but I bet that they spend just as much,if not more than the East coast people per capita! Hey,but then.....who really cares!

???

Jer

I'm guessing that is in response to my post.

Net worth, seen as assets vs. liabilities is not necessarily the same purchasing power which is typically associated cash. While cash is included within the calculation of net worth it cannot be assumed a person or business with high net worth has the ability to spend cash which I assumed was one of the arguments as to why SA should be attending East Coast events.

While I would love to SA attend/sponsor more events across the country spreading the brand I understand that is currently not feasible.

Nice explation Jer, I know it has always been said that SPP was small but never relized how small untill you put it that way. Just want to say thank you to everyone there at SPP and SA for all the work they have done and are continuing to do. Makes me more proud to be part of the Shelby family and to see what the future brings. Kudos to the whole Shelby team!

Nice explation Jer, I know it has always been said that SPP was small but never relized how small untill you put it that way. Just want to say thank you to everyone there at SPP and SA for all the work they have done and are continuing to do. Makes me more proud to be part of the Shelby family and to see what the future brings. Kudos to the whole Shelby team!

+1000!

I appreciate what all of you at SAI are doing for all of us. We love the brand and Shelby has been coming along very nicely to return that love to it's fans. Jer, I know that anything you get your hands on will be done to it's utmost due to your love of the brand and the community. After all, you started out as one of us! However, I don't know how you survive all the work you put in. With all the hats you are wearing at SAI (SPP, TS, etc..) and all the effort you put in... I think you need a raise! And your SPP team too!

I appreciate what all of you at SAI are doing for all of us. We love the brand and Shelby has been coming along very nicely to return that love to it's fans. Jer, I know that anything you get your hands on will be done to it's utmost due to your love of the brand and the community. After all, you started out as one of us! However, I don't know how you survive all the work you put in. With all the hats you are wearing at SAI (SPP, TS, etc..) and all the effort you put in... I think you need a raise! And your SPP team too!

Well said,I think we all agree with that sentiment!!!!

I agree. Give'em a raise.

Ok,,,I kicked the cricket and it has spoken!!! All I'm saying is the 50th has been coming for 50 years,,,just seems like poor planning to have not took into consideration SA's presence at both events. I understand the move, and the Shelby Vegas Bash, and 50th in Vegas. Just saying would have been nice to feel the love on the east coast from SA for the 50th.

As far as a hidden question in a thread,,,,I point blank started a thread on Jan 8th asking of SA's attendance in Charlotte,,so it was out there,,,just never responded to,,,sorry if you missed it, but it was there.

I'm done, and will no longer badger you or SA over not coming to Charlotte. Have a nice day Jer.

I do give you props for being on here and revamping responses and shipping from SA since you've been onboard.

Ok,,,I kicked the cricket and it has spoken!!! All I'm saying is the 50th has been coming for 50 years,,,just seems like poor planning to have not took into consideration SA's presence at both events. I understand the move, and the Shelby Vegas Bash, and 50th in Vegas. Just saying would have been nice to feel the love on the east coast from SA for the 50th.

As far as a hidden question in a thread,,,,I point blank started a thread on Jan 8th asking of SA's attendance in Charlotte,,so it was out there,,,just never responded to,,,sorry if you missed it, but it was there.

I'm done, and will no longer badger you or SA over not coming to Charlotte. Have a nice day Jer.

I do give you props for being on here and revamping responses and shipping from SA since you've been onboard.

After all of that,it's probably time to bow out before you get a bloody nose!

Shelby American already celebrated its 50th Anniversary. This is the 50th of the Ford Mustang. And next year it will be the 50th Anniversary of the Shelby gt350. Maybe something will happen then. Anyway, they will be at the Las Vegas event. Disappointing for those back East but business decisions had to be made based on their budget, I guess.

Archived