TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt500 Mods

dvdjreign

I have been ordering mods through shelbystore.com so that those mods other than simple floor mats can be updated in the registry for my vehicle so I was wondering what everyone thinks about ordering from the Shelby store vs an aftermarket company. Should I stick with the Shelby store or would it mattered if I got something like brake calipers with the Shelby logo on it or a radiator with the Shelby logo on it. I'm working on making mine a show car and I'm new to having a collectors car so I don't know all the do's and don't's when it comes to this. Thanks

You have an interesting angle to wanting to customize your car. I don't think that only buying from SPP with regards to parts will have any connection to updating anything on the registry.

Maybe I'm wrong on this,but I'm sure that you can buy your parts from anywhere with or without the Shelby name on them for your car,that would not affect what you drive one way or another! You should do whatever you feel is right for you.

It's up to you. I was only getting my stuff from SPP. But now more manufactures are making items for our cars.I just installed Redline hood struts. I purchased them from Redline due to the fact they have the bolt on hood struts. SPP only has the set that has to be riveted in place. I did not want to do that. You can pick and choose your parts. My fuse box cover came from SPP cause I liked the Shelby American one. So it depends on what you want as to where it comes from. All the shows I have entered did not seem to cars where the parts came from. Just that it looks good. Hope this helps.

It's up to you. I was only getting my stuff from SPP. But now more manufactures are making items for our cars.I just installed Redline hood struts. I purchased them from Redline due to the fact they have the bolt on hood struts. SPP only has the set that has to be riveted in place. I did not want to do that. You can pick and choose your parts. My fuse box cover came from SPP cause I liked the Shelby American one. So it depends on what you want as to where it comes from. All the shows I have entered did not seem to cars where the parts came from. Just that it looks good. Hope this helps.

+1000 :-)

Ultimately, the mods you want on your car are a reflection of your personality and what you want your car to be regardless of source. If you want a collector car and hope it will one day increase in value, keep it bone stock and don't drive it. If you want to enjoy the car and personalize it, you don't have to be particular where you get your parts from. If you search online, you'll find there are many vendors who offer the same parts as SPP. It really comes down to who provides you with the best product knowledge, pricing, customer service, timeliness of shipping, etc.

Archived