TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Opertunity to Drag Race another GT500

I am wondering if anyone besides Alloy Dave and myself has had the opportunity to drag race another GT500?

No opportunity yet. I live in the desert southwest and its pretty remote. I was however doing some high speed runs in the Wild Rose canyon area near Death Valley. I stopped for a cool drink and let some engine heat vent out and spied a Jackrabbit as big as a Shetland pony. I took off after him and he got me off the line. I caught him as I caught second gear rubber at about 45mph. His ears were flat on his back and I'd swear I saw a nitros pack on his back as well. It was all over in the 1/8th mile but I kept going. Damn rabbit was a monster and quick as hell. Maybe too much nuclear fallout in that area from the bomb testing year ago in Mercury, NV. Have fun and be safe!!!

Thats what I am talking about. Head to head GT 500 line up. That would decide the drivers real skill - especially if the cars are the same output.

I will decline any futher comments that will undoubtly create flameing about Xcar vs. GT500

Thats what I am talking about. Head to head GT 500 line up. That would decide the drivers real skill - especially if the cars are the same output.

I will decline any futher comments that will undoubtly create flameing about Xcar vs. GT500

How long do you think you will keep yours stock? Shoot, I forgot you already changed your exhaust. :hysterical2:

Edit: I had planned on leaving mine stock and decided to go ahead and change LCA's to get rid of wheel hop, then one thing lead to another. Anything done to change performance in any way is a mod, a mod is a mod is a mod. Changing your mufflers is a mod.

would picken up a 6' , 36-24-36 red head at the street corner be considered a mod ?

:hysterical2:
yes that would be called a new "blower" lol

I have had 15 or so GT500 to GT500 races. My buddy has one and we go to the drag strip thats about 90 miles from our house. So we ride the turnpike and every toll both is a drag race. I'll tell you even know my car has a Evo stage 2 He will get me out of the hole leaving the toll damn conc. but its fun catching him, Also after the Florida meet we were crusing I-95 at about 100 mph + taking turn with the 100+ part.

How long do you think you will keep yours stock? Shoot, I forgot you already changed your exhaust. :hysterical2:

Edit: I had planned on leaving mine stock and decided to go ahead and change LCA's to get rid of wheel hop, then one thing lead to another. Anything done to change performance in any way is a mod, a mod is a mod is a mod. Changing your mufflers is a mod.

At least the car will sound good if I get smoked. :hysterical:

I am wondering if anyone besides Alloy Dave and myself has had the opportunity to drag race another GT500?

I've only SEEN one other GT500, and that was when I was travelling across the state near Lansing on I-96 (the major East-West highway in the lower peninsula) last fall. He was going the other way. Who knows where that guy lives....

I've only SEEN one other GT500, and that was when I was travelling across the state near Lansing on I-96 (the major East-West highway in the lower peninsula) last fall. He was going the other way. Who knows where that guy lives....

Same here. The only one I've ever seen on the road was weeks ago (red with white stripes @ RT 100 and Rt 29).

Hit Man, Congrats on your arrival yesterday. Love your avatar. Lee Van Cleef. That's gotta be from The Good The Bad and The Ugly, right?

Nothing yet but I am driving my car in a local memorial day parade with our local Mustang Club. I think there will be another GT500 there so who knows? We might just have to go at it (after the parade of course)....

Hit Man, Congrats on your arrival yesterday. Love your avatar. Lee Van Cleef. That's gotta be from The Good The Bad and The Ugly, right?

It's LtCol. Mortimer - from For A Few Dollars More. He played a good guy in that flick.

The Corsa's sound Killer!

No opportunity yet. I live in the desert southwest and its pretty remote. I was however doing some high speed runs in the Wild Rose canyon area near Death Valley. I stopped for a cool drink and let some engine heat vent out and spied a Jackrabbit as big as a Shetland pony. I took off after him and he got me off the line. I caught him as I caught second gear rubber at about 45mph. His ears were flat on his back and I'd swear I saw a nitros pack on his back as well. It was all over in the 1/8th mile but I kept going. Damn rabbit was a monster and quick as hell. Maybe too much nuclear fallout in that area from the bomb testing year ago in Mercury, NV. Have fun and be safe!!!

Silly Wabbit---what was he thinking? :hysterical2:

You guys have noone else to race than yourselves!! Is there no competition for the car? Calling all Vettes and Vipers, we need you to race for there are no more musclecars left except the Mustang!

LOL last night a Cobalt SS tried to race me- I let him go as I reminisced racing Firebirds and Camaros in my street racing past. A somber moment as it's ugly taillights pulled away, I slowly shifted gears remembering a more competitive time with IROC-Z's, Formula Firebirds, Buick Grand Nationals and 5 liter LX Mustangs. One thing I don't remember is ever having to race another Mustang due to lack of competition from the brand-X guys (what Mopars??) !!! Soon enough we will have new Camaros and Challengers to beat. (Finally a Mopar worth racing!!) I should start shopping for a supercharger....

It's LtCol. Mortimer - from For A Few Dollars More. He played a good guy in that flick.

The Corsa's sound Killer!

Of course. He and Clint Eastwood kicked ass in that movie. I love it. Glad you like the Corsa's. I went with the Ford GTA's and like them. Not as nice as the Corsa's but a good sound, no drone, and a good value.

This evening I went for a little family ride with my daughter, father, and mother. We were traveling West on Hwy 90 when I saw a White w red stripe GT300. ( looked like a mustang GT with a GT500 front end, side skirts, and spoiler - but it had a hood scoop w/ a blower, nice rims and drag radials).

Well, 2 minutes later I see him in my rear view mirror. At the light, I roll down my window and we spoke, ( I could hear the blower noise at idle) and I ask him what type of s/c he had. he said it was a "pro preformance", any way, we complimented each others cars, even though it was a little ricer looking - it was cool. At the next light, I he hits it, so do I. He got me out of the hole, but I quickly caught him. The Corsa's on my car were screaming, and his s/c and exhaust were significant , too. I guess we went 1/8 mile to the next light. Windows still down - we both had a good laugh.

Nothing like a pleasurable family ride and a little drag racing to make a family closer.

This evening I went for a little family ride with my daughter, father, and mother. We were traveling West on Hwy 90 when I saw a White w red stripe GT300. ( looked like a mustang GT with a GT500 front end, side skirts, and spoiler - but it had a hood scoop w/ a blower, nice rims and drag radials).

Well, 2 minutes later I see him in my rear view mirror. At the light, I roll down my window and we spoke, ( I could hear the blower noise at idle) and I ask him what type of s/c he had. he said it was a "pro preformance", any way, we complimented each others cars, even though it was a little ricer looking - it was cool. At the next light, I he hits it, so do I. He got me out of the hole, but I quickly caught him. The Corsa's on my car were screaming, and his s/c and exhaust were significant , too. I guess we went 1/8 mile to the next light. Windows still down - we both had a good laugh.

Nothing like a pleasurable family ride and a little drag racing to make a family closer.

Hit, sounds like you've got a bad case of Shelbyitis now. Man, draggin the streets with daughter, mom and dad. Just think what you would have done without three people in the car?? :hysterical2: Rock on.

Archived