TEAM SHELBY FORUM

!!! Missing Black Trailer With Terlingua Inside !!!

dh777

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to hear this. Glad it is back in your position. I was a victim of theft back in 2005. My all original 65 fastback was stolen and I have never seen or heard about it since. It hurt knowing that that car had every original part on it, except for natural where parts. I only hope it was sent to another country in one piece. I hope the crooks get what they deserve, and then some!

• 2 weeks later...

It's good to know you got the main part of your car back. I hope whoever did this gets the same treatment as what they did to your car done to them. Also wanted to let you know that i do have the yellow Baer extreme's available for sale, both front and rear. I know it's just another part of getting her back together, so let me know if you're interested or not, i have a listing in the classified section towards the bottom of the home page. Just offering to help how i can to get the bunny back on the road again. Good luck on the rebuild.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what Rick Posted:

On September 10th, my son, Mike, received a call from the Houston Police Dept. In the process of busting a meth lab, they found my car among a number of stolen items. It was in a warehouse near the baseball park in downtown Houston. They asked Mike to come identify it which he did. Unfortunately it was missing the engine, transmission, wheels, brakes, rear axle and the left front fender. And to add insult to injury, they had sanded most of the exterior paint off as you can see in the photos.

Since I had settled with my insurance company a couple weeks before it was recovered, it no longer belonged to me. I didn't want to post the news about finding it, until I knew if I was going to get it back or not. Fortunately with a lot of help from Mike, we regained ownership of the body today.

It will take a lot of work, but at some point in the not too distant future, it will look just like it did when it came out of Shelby in 2009.

I consider this a happy ending because it can be repaired and I no longer have to wonder where it is.

Thanks for everyone's support and assistance. Your response has been amazing. I also need to mention how awesome the police officers were that found the car. Great bunch of guys and I appreciate their quick response in contacting MIke.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

This is an example of why if you are on drugs DO NOT steal stuff or if you are a scumbag thief DO NOT steal something you cannot sell due to its rarity!

I hate thieves period and wish the U.S. would adopt other punishment that middle eastern countries do to thieves!

I guess these jackasses realized they couldn't sell the car as is hence how it was left so its great you have it back. Are the parts available to put it back the way it came? I bet someone that is so stupid who might have bought one of the stolen parts will install it on their car without changing anything.

Will wait to see it back together

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I've been a little slow with updates, but I'm working out of town at the moment and my son has been doing most of the work. After I repurchased the chassis from my insurance company, we moved it to a local shop in Spring, Tx. It was fun getting it off the trailer, but the guys made a rolling jig and managed to get it in place and roll it off without getting anyone hurt. The attached photo shows what we're dealing with.

Lots of friends have offered help, which we sincerely appreciate, but I have to compliment Shelby for the way they have responded as well. When news got out that the car had been found, AJ contacted me and offered Shelby's assistance. In the end, their help was furnishing every unique Terlingua part I needed to make her just like she was. They have gone way beyond any expectation I might have had. Thanks to all of the Shelby team for making this happen.

So in the next few weeks, we'll have all the parts and the restoration will begin. I hope to be at TWS in March, but if not, at Mid-America in June for sure.

Thanks for everyone's interest. We'll post some pictures as things progress

10822337_10203186237882108_330117135_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Update

All of the Terlingua parts arrived yesterday and the drive train gets here next week. Looks like the rebuild will kick off in a few days. I'm excited to think we might be back on the track before too much longer!!

Rick and Mike,

This is the best news in a long time! I am so glad.

Happy New Year to you all,

David

Update

All of the Terlingua parts arrived yesterday and the drive train gets here next week. Looks like the rebuild will kick off in a few days. I'm excited to think we might be back on the track before too much longer!!

Your 2015 should be a great year. Got a good start on it!

• 1 month later...

We have all the parts now and the restoration of my Terlingua has begun. I'll post some photos soon here soon. We do have a facebook page where we are posting the all of the progress. It's a secret group, but if anyone wants to have access, just let me know.

We have all the parts now and the restoration of my Terlingua has begun. I'll post some photos soon here soon. We do have a facebook page where we are posting the all of the progress. It's a secret group, but if anyone wants to have access, just let me know.

Rick and Mike,

This is just such unbelievably good news!

So much looking forward to seeing the bunny in all its glory at T15!

David

Great to hear!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived