TEAM SHELBY FORUM

!!! Stolen Trailer With Shelby Terlingua Inside !!!

dh777

Posting for a friend

A black 24' trailer plate # 74995J with a Terlingua Sheild on the rear and a black and yellow Terlingua with plate # T0403 has been stolen from the Houston area. Everyone please keep an eye out for anything that may help!

If the car thiefs are any good , the color and markings will def be changed. Will keep an eye out fir it in Pennsylvania !!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, but what is the point of that? Without it being a Terlingua it is just a V6 Mustang. I wonder if the thief knew what was in the trailer or just was stealing the trailer? It's such a rare car that I'm not sure that I understand what they would do with it. Yes, there is probably a black market for it but would this thief be that connected? When Terlingua stuff comes up for sale it usually shows up here as people are watching. I hope something comes of this quickly and the car is returned complete.

Sad state of affairs. Good luck with the recovery. I guess we really need to make our trailers theft proof as well. Good reason to buy a GPS style tracking device.

If there is anything unique in regards to the trailer's appearance, a photo of it should be posted.

It is more likely that the trailer would have been spotted as opposed to the car hidden inside of it.

If either did cross a border, it is hard to believe there would not be some record of it, in one form or another.

Yes, but what is the point of that? Without it being a Terlingua it is just a V6 Mustang. I wonder if the thief knew what was in the trailer or just was stealing the trailer? It's such a rare car that I'm not sure that I understand what they would do with it. Yes, there is probably a black market for it but would this thief be that connected? When Terlingua stuff comes up for sale it usually shows up here as people are watching. I hope something comes of this quickly and the car is returned complete.

Do you really feel that this car would be kept in the states if they are true car thieves ??? You obviously have heard of the black market . Might be on a ship to an Asian or European country !!!!!!!

So sad. It would be terrible to lose a car like this. With this being such a rare car there is no where they could take it and it not be noticed by the Shelby world. I think they would even have a hard time parting it out without being caught.

I just hope when the owner gets his car back it still is in one piece.

Latest Update:

Security video shows dark Ford pickup hooking up at 7:02am on Friday the 28th.

Jer

If either did cross a border, it is hard to believe there would not be some record of it, in one form or another.

Well, there are billions of dollars of drugs, guns, etc. that make it through without any trace. And getting into Mexico is really easy compared to the other way….lots of "unmarked" border crossings, many not far from the famous Terlingua itself.

glad they got the video, at least we know it's only been missing since Friday rather than 10 or more days. Hoping they track it now that lojack activated.

I'm with Dubbs.

Jer

I doubt they were after the car to begin with; they were after a trailer full of stuff that they could easily turn. I think their stuck now with something they don't know what to do with, I think the car will show up. I don't think these are pro car thieves.

I am so sorry to here this. I, too, fell victim to theft. Back in 2005, I had an all original numbers matching 65 fastback. To this day, I have the from the original owner: owners manual, owners card, even the original order sheet. This kind of stuff really pisses me off when I here about it. I really hope the thieves are caught and the car and trailer get returned to the owner!

The usual M/O for pros is to hide them for 1 or 2 months until they "cool". Then it will probably be headed to a port city like Houston, New Orleans, etc....

The most likely time to see it would be early morning hours after about a month from the time of theft.

Archived