TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got Mine!

Bartlett_2

Hi all. I have been lurking here for a while with nothing to post about until now. I finally bit the bullet and stopped hoping the dealer ADM's would go away, and got mine today. Pretty much every dealer near me had a few coupes and verts to choose from. I got my first choice, a Vista Blue convertable w/ the shaker 1000. I did pay a four figure ADM, which didn't seem too bad from what everyone has posted here. I am SO glad I finally gave in and bought it. It is a million times nicer than my 03 cobra. TOTALLY WORTH EVERY PENNY! I now have 969 hp of muscle in my garage. It looks really nice next to my black 06 STS-V, and compliments it well. I'll snap some pics tomorrow for you all.

Hi all. I have been lurking here for a while with nothing to post about until now. I finally bit the bullet and stopped hoping the dealer ADM's would go away, and got mine today. Pretty much every dealer near me had a few coupes and verts to choose from. I got my first choice, a Vista Blue convertable w/ the shaker 1000. I did pay a four figure ADM, which didn't seem too bad from what everyone has posted here. I am SO glad I finally gave in and bought it. It is a million times nicer than my 03 cobra. TOTALLY WORTH EVERY PENNY! I now have 969 hp of muscle in my garage. It looks really nice next to my black 06 STS-V, and compliments it well. I'll snap some pics tomorrow for you all.

Congrats! Does your username reflect where you live? I live in Bartlett TN. I originally ordered a vista blue vert so I would love to see one in person!

It is where I live, but it is Bartlett Illinois, which is about 30-some miles west of Downtown Chicago. Sorry, I wish I could show you in person, so I hope you can sellte for some pics tomorrow. I absolutely love the vista blue, and if it is on the top of your list, I son't think you'll be dossappointed. It shows different hues in different lighting.

Congrats and welcome, lurker Bartlett_2!!!

Yeah, you know the rules:

must post pics. And, since you confessed :doh: to lurking, there is no '10 post rule'! :hysterical:

Let us know your driving impressions, too!

mrfarmdog, he's obviously referring to the two cars he owns with his name:

Bartlett is a type of pear. Pair = 2. He has 2 nice cars. Well, it's Bartlett2, so he must have 4 really nice cars, I, uh, guess... :hysterical2:

wow crispy that was a stretch, even for you lol

Mach thanks for saying what I was thinking as I was reading crispy's reply. :hysterical: Hey Bartlett - where's the pics!! Did you get the white or silver stripe? Please post as I have a vist blue vert arriving in the next several days and I need the fix....can't hardly stand the wait any longer... :blink:

This thread has been put on Mod. alert due to no photos from a new member that has confessed to being a long time lurker.

The 10 post rule has been waved on this one fellas.

Oh ya......Welcome to our little breakfast club. :hysterical:

This thread has been put on Mod. alert due to no photos from a new member that has confessed to being a long time lurker.

The 10 post rule has been waved on this one fellas.

Oh ya......Welcome to our little breakfast club. :hysterical:

Breakfast club, was waaaaaayyy before my time lol

NICE, Mr. Pear man, NICE! ;)

Good thing you posted, we were going on a covert mission to recover pix, since we knew your hometown! :hysterical:

Best of luck with it, it looks really, really nice!

Really nice...'vert....real. real nice. :yup: Yup, I like it.....Nice :stirpot: 'vert....hmmmm Bartlett, IL, eh? ...hmmm, let's see.. :devil: ..9 hours at 80-85 mph to Chicago, he has :devil: a 'vert...I want a 'vert... ..

Ohhhh, relax...I was probably kidding! :hysterical2:

Probably :hysterical:

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to take some better pics soon.

Now I know this a Ford forum, but c'mon, the cadi isn't so bad. I had a chance to drive the Shelby, and then hop into the Cadi, and WOW, what a difference. The Cadi is fast, really fast, but the shelby is a monster. The Shelby had a bit less harsh ride too. I forgot how stiff the suspension really was on the STS. It really has been a long time since I had a car that is as enjoyable as the shelby. I can't wait to get some mods on her. That is another plus to the shelby btw. There are only one or two shops making stuff for the STS, and it would cost you about $1100 for a crappy filter kit and a tune that plugs into the MAF, which is not really a tune, and it'll give a whopping 18 or 20 crank HP, or something lousy like that. But all that aside, the STS is a great sleeper to drive everyday, and cart the kids arouind in. But, IMHO I think the Shleby is the #1 best, and most fun car i've ever had the pleasure of owning, or driving for that matter.

Okay okay you are forgiven this time, but if the Cadi pics show up again you will owe us big time. :hysterical2:

J/K Glad you are enjoying the Shelby! :happy feet:

congates great color you better watch that mustang it may kick that gm product out the stall I am wating on vista blue& white stripes coupe. Be careful and enjouy the ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived