TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Jlt Oil Seperators On Pre-Owned Gt500

maqueswell

Afternoon Folks,

I am slowly dressing up the engine bay of the Beast. I have read about the JLT Oil Separators and I'm planning on installing both the drivers and Passengers side units. Since my car now has 17k miles on it does anyone recommend I do anything prior to installing the units?

Thanks

Max

Is the JLT better?

After JTL designed and shipped a new style filter, the thing works like a champ. Unbelievable the amount of oil I get compared to the original mesh filter (www.SVTperformance.com has some long threads with pictures and lots of customer feedback).

What I liked most about the JTL oil separator is that they came up with a new, innovative improvement and shipped it to customer at no change.

At the end of the day, many aftermarket products are very similar in nature. But the customer support and pre- and post- sale is what separates the good products from the great ones.

Just my two cents.

Is the JLT better?

I started with the original version of the JLT and have to say I never really collected much oil, just enough to maybe coat the bottom. When Jer announced that they were coming out with a Shelby version, I new I had to have.

For me, the car did not come from Ford with it, so as a reliability concern I don't think would have any problems. The more I collect the better I am but not a huge concern. After seeing the Shelby ones I wanted for sure, and after installing it I love them, and for sure collect more oil then I did with the original JLT design. As far as getting the update and comparing, well I sold my JLT to a buddy for his 5.0 and he is still using the original version. Thats just my opinion and way of thinking.

Archived