TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Everything But The Bigger Supercharger...any Thoughts On Cost To Finish?

^^^Thank you Julie.

My personal opinion...............the brighter wheels do look Great, they also have "bling" as most all bright wheels do, but the dark wheels look more aggressive..........a "bad boy" look.

The only reason I have not put the dark Alcoa's on my car is because I need to move my original Pirelli P Zero's over to them, and also spend the $$$ on TPMS sensors that will work with my 2008. Currently those dark Alcoa's have their original 2011 sensors which I have been told don't work on my 2008. The valve stems on the 2011 sensors are the oem silver color, and against the dark Alcoa's those silver stems "stick out", so when I do eventually buy the TPMS for those wheels I am going to use a plain black rubber valve stem TPMS so the stems will blend in with the wheel. <<<All of this being said, it is not a simple "bolt the dark Alcoa's on" project.

R

No, that does not sound like simple project at all unfortunately. I personally prefer the Bad Boy look to the car, which is why those dark Alcoa's sound so appealing...that is why I wanted this particular blacked out Shelby and why I named her Lilith! I get "your car looks evil" all the time, and it is a compliment every time! Though I think most Shelby's look so aggressive that they all have a bad boy vibe, and the additional aggressiveness in the Super Snake stance...well, it just screams power and confidence...the best of the American Muscle Car!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, that does not sound like simple project at all unfortunately. I personally prefer the Bad Boy look to the car, which is why those dark Alcoa's sound so appealing...that is why I wanted this particular blacked out Shelby and why I named her Lilith! I get "your car looks evil" all the time, and it is a compliment every time! Though I think most Shelby's look so aggressive that they all have a bad boy vibe, and the additional aggressiveness in the Super Snake stance...well, it just screams power and confidence...the best of the American Muscle Car!

^^^That is exactly why I "had" to grab those dark Alcoa's when the were offered to me, I wanted the "more aggressive look" as an option, now it's just a case of spending the additional $$$ to have them ready for installation.

R

Do the black wheels, I get so many compliments on mine. My car is like Roberts Red/ black stripe black wheels it is just a great combination. I still have the original super snake wheels in durabright but bought a set of Alcoa wheels and had them widened to 12 in the rear then powdercoated black.

Hello! Hopefully this is not a silly question to be asking here, but I thought I would throw it out to you all. My 2012 Shelby GT500 was purchased with a substantial list of upgrades done at the Shelby factory in Vegas. As near as I can tell, everything has been done to the car except a few smaller items and the big supercharger.

• Performance cooling package
  • bigger front and rear brakes
  • upgraded tires and 20" Alcoa Super Snake wheels
  • suspension package
  • Caster/Camber plates (though someone who knows a lot about mustangs said he did not think mine actually had this as he could not see them where he was expecting to...it is on the invoice from Shelby however...)
  • Short throw shifter
  • Borla mufflers
  • Carbon fiber splitter
  • Aesthetic engine kit
  • 3 piece floor mat (this made me very sad for some reason...to have gotten the mats but it is not a real super snake yet!)
  • Watts link

So in your opinion, how much more will the remaining upgrades set me back? How long does it take to get the supercharger, hood and missing elements added if you were to guess? I do not know why the previous owner did not finish the conversion since he was so close, I guess he ran out of money, but she is so close to being a full Super Snake that I almost feel obligated to just do it. I tried to talk to the Shelby guys at Barrett Jackson in January, I was really excited to talk to them, however, without bashing anyone, I got a rather spectacular brush off. ouch. As a woman asking these questions, I do not tend to be taken very seriously sometimes. Which is why I am afraid this is perhaps a stupid question to ask and am hoping that you experts can give me any wisdom or opinions you may have without flaming me too badly... Thanks in advance!

Are you per chance, in Colorado Springs CO? I think I saw this car headed down Hancock Expwy going onto I-25, chasing it in my Race Red Raptor...

Phill

Are you per chance, in Colorado Springs CO? I think I saw this car headed down Hancock Expwy going onto I-25, chasing it in my Race Red Raptor...

Phill

Hi Phill,

No, I am in Tucson AZ, you were chasing someone else!

Hi Phill,

No, I am in Tucson AZ, you were chasing someone else!

I thought it was "Blackout's" old Super Snake but the driver wouldn't let me get beside it to see if it was a SS or a GT500. The rear faux cap was missing so I figured it was Mike's since everything else fell off of it before he sold it.

Phill

Julie if your ever in the Scottsdale area drop a line if you want to see the wheels close up and personal ;)

;) I was just up there last Sunday at Roku Sushi for a birthday celebration...too bad, I would have loved to have seen the wheels...

Amen to that!!!

BTW Julie, Love your car....reminds me of mine when I purchased it!

Awwww! Thank you so much! And are there any Post Super Snake conversion pics yet? I would love to see your car after the conversion! It is going to be so beautiful!!

Awwww! Thank you so much! And are there any Post Super Snake conversion pics yet? I would love to see your car after the conversion! It is going to be so beautiful!!

Here are a few pics, sorry about the sizes.....first pic is as she was getting loaded to go off for the conversion! I sure think she is purrdy:-)

IMG_0049.jpg

SAI_7264_zps936559d7.jpgSAI_7259_zps6603e80e.jpgSAI_7246_zpsdc81fa42.jpgSAI_7205_zps74a5b1a7.jpgSAI_7184_zps8e088110.jpg

image4_zpse26dc28f.jpeg

Here are a few pics, sorry about the sizes.....first pic is as she was getting loaded to go off for the conversion! I sure think she is purrdy:-)

IMG_0049.jpg

SAI_7264_zps936559d7.jpgSAI_7259_zps6603e80e.jpgSAI_7246_zpsdc81fa42.jpgSAI_7205_zps74a5b1a7.jpgSAI_7184_zps8e088110.jpg

image4_zpse26dc28f.jpeg

^^^^Nice, Very Nice.

What width rims do they install for the W.B.?

R

IMG_0049.jpg

image4_zpse26dc28f.jpeg

That is such a beautiful car!! And the black Alcoa's look perfect on the black car, you just helped me make up my mind about getting mine powdercoated black, or trying to find a black set somewhere...ouchie expensive though for new ones if I can find them eventually! Such a nice car, congratulations on the conversion, it is perfect!

^^^^Nice, Very Nice.

What width rims do they install for the W.B.?

R

Had to go check this morning....14 Inches inner to outer lip, and thanks!

IMG_0475_zpsb59b61e5.jpg

That is such a beautiful car!! And the black Alcoa's look perfect on the black car, you just helped me make up my mind about getting mine powdercoated black, or trying to find a black set somewhere...ouchie expensive though for new ones if I can find them eventually! Such a nice car, congratulations on the conversion, it is perfect!

Thanks Julie, but they are not Alcoa's...they are the new three piece rim they now use:-)

IMG_0475_zpsb59b61e5.jpg

Thanks Julie, but they are not Alcoa's...they are the new three piece rim they now use:-)

I meant the rim width itself. The original 2013/14 3pc. wheels are 9.5" front and 11" rear. I was wondering what width they are with the wide body?

Thank you for taking the picture including the tire width.

R

I meant the rim width itself. The original 2013/14 3pc. wheels are 9.5" front and 11" rear. I was wondering what width they are with the wide body?

Thank you for taking the picture including the tire width.

R

Robert, I should have given a better angle....no thats what the wheel measures as well. The tires are flush to the rim on the inside and out.

I can go check the fronts, but Im pretty sure they are 10

Looks like I need ot get some spring cleaning done!!!

IMG_0476_zps6a68c0db.jpg

IMG_0475_zpsb59b61e5.jpg

Whoops! Sorry, I assumed Alcoa's. They look great whatever they are!

Robert, I should have given a better angle....no thats what the wheel measures as well. The tires are flush to the rim on the inside and out.

I can go check the fronts, but Im pretty sure they are 10

Looks like I need ot get some spring cleaning done!!!

IMG_0476_zps6a68c0db.jpg

They may be 10's front and 12's rear............

Thanks.

As for spring cleaning? they always need something cleaned!! It is never ending........

R

They are 10's front and 13's in the rear on the shelby wide body cars.

^^^Thanks.

So who makes these wheels for Shelby?...................so if a person owns a set they can buy different rear lips to increase of decrease the width on the 3 pc. wheels.

R

They are 10's front and 13's in the rear on the shelby wide body cars.

Not to sound like a jackass, but could you enlighten me as to how to properly measure a wheel like this (3 piece)? Does the inner lip not count toward the overall dimension?

Interesting....especially if Roberts' quote above is true?

Sorry for getting so off topic Julie :whistling:

Archived