TEAM SHELBY FORUM

remember that crash that killed a woman on PCH

Looks like the guy was a writer for autoblog.com with a press vehicle: http://www.mustangblog.com/index.php/2007/...by-gt500-wreck/

What a jackass. The family of the woman should be allowed to run over this tool with his own car, slowly. What kind of a moron goes hauling ass around in a car he is unfamiliar with, in an place he doesn't know?

Darwin should remove him from mouth sucking any more of my air asap.

First of all , my thoughts and prayers to that poor Woman and her Family. Hopefully no negitive publicity about our Cars will come from this.

+1

• 1 month later...

...as of 6/14, still no final decision on charges...

PCH crash case to go to DA

Newport Beach police will recommend charges in the death of Lori Rae Jamieson, an Irvine woman struck and killed by a car on May 2.

By RYAN HAMMILL

The Orange County Register

NEWPORT BEACH – Newport Beach police will file a report with prosecutors next week in the case of Lori Rae Jamieson, a 48-year-old Irvine woman killed May 2 by an out-of-control car while she was walking on a trail in Crystal Cove State Park.

Detectives for the Newport Beach police did not say what charges they would recommend the District Attorney's Office file, but potential charges range from a traffic infraction to manslaughter, Sgt. Evan Sailor said.

Frank Filipponio, 37, told police he lost control of his Mustang GT-500 while shifting, and then veered over the curb of Pacific Coast Highway near Crystal Heights Road and towards the trail where Jamieson walked with a friend around 7:10 p.m.

"We were laughing shoulder-to-shoulder and she was telling me how happy she was to be getting married," said Teri Iannotti, a Laguna Beach resident and longtime friend who was with Jamieson when she was killed. "Then we heard a terrible screech and saw the car traveling toward us at a terrible rate of speed. And in an instant, my friend was gone."

Filipponio, 37, of Irvine was questioned and released at the scene. He did not return calls for comment Thursday.

There is no suspicion that drugs or alcohol contributed to the crash, police said.

Paramedics transported Jamieson to Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach, where she was pronounced dead.

Contact the writer: rhammill@ocregister.com or 714-445-6694

• 4 weeks later...
First of all , my thoughts and prayers to that poor Woman and her Family. Hopefully no negitive publicity about our Cars will come from this.

Yes, and what a tragedy for the lady with her to have to remember.

Archived