TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Las Vegas Cars And Coffee

twobjshelbys

Does cars and coffee draw as many cars in the hot summer months as it does the rest of the year?

I don't know since I've only been going since April. Last Saturday was pretty crowded although the lot was not packed but some weekends there are other show events people are going to. Two weeks ago was fully loaded.

On the saga... Today was one of the defining moments.

Peter Brock - the designer of the Daytona Coupe for Carroll Shelby - comes almost every Saturday morning.

Also present was Gary Patterson with his Series 1.

Oh the Story (followed by other stories)!!!! Tim from Shelby brought over some pictures of the early days. Peter told the rest of the story. I won't repeat it here except that it is in his book. Wow.

Gary came over to look at my GT. Before we went to see Peter he reminded me that the general shape of the GT40 (and the FGT) was part of a "I got an idea" that was probably coincident in time but is present in the Daytona Coupe - the front intake with airflow that goes out of the front snout, over the hood, and thus over the windshield. The original reason was a front end deisgn, but the result was incredible down force.

It's a cool time...

Now that is flipping cool. :thumbsup:

I woke up this morning at 0630 hours and noticed there was heavy amounts of rain in the Henderson area.

I'll try in two weeks. I'm taking the Shelby and a buddy is bringing his 13 Boss up to Bryce National Park next weekend.

If you want to loan me your Ford GT, I'll be more than happy to buy the gas!

I have meet 2 other GT500 owners in Pahrump. One bought his 2014 about 2 weeks after I bought my 2014. Trying to get all 3 of us to attend. Probably the 16th or 23rd. Do all Team Shelby member have a club shirt on so we know each other? Is there a pin or something I get for joining? Does the Team ever do tours or short rides, Death Valley, etc.? Yea I know, stupid newbie questions. Just talking and learning from you guys was worth the $50.

I don't think the Team has any organized tours, but a friend and I try to do at least one small road or weekend trip with our rides. Another friend with a 911 Twin Turbo and I went to Mt. Charleston two weeks ago for lunch and a cruise. This upcoming weekend a friend who has an 08 500 and 13 Boss are going to Bryce National Park for two days.

We are planning on going to So Cal next month and attened Super Car Sunday on the weekend of Septmeber 06-07. The marque highlight for this event is Shelby, Cobra and Ford GT.

If you want to come along, drop me a p.m..

I don't think the Team has any organized tours, but a friend and I try to do at least one small road or weekend trip with our rides. Another friend with a 911 Twin Turbo and I went to Mt. Charleston two weeks ago for lunch and a cruise. This upcoming weekend a friend who has an 08 500 and 13 Boss are going to Bryce National Park for two days.

We are planning on going to So Cal next month and attened Super Car Sunday on the weekend of Septmeber 06-07. The marque highlight for this event is Shelby, Cobra and Ford GT.

The news had a segment with some restaurant at the top of Charleston that got closed for last year's fire and were finally starting to get some business. However, I won't take my car on those flooded roads until everything is repaired and the debris cleaned off. I already went through this flood thing once :) and don't want to do it again.

Cars and coffee was great today, Aug. 9, 2014. It was nice as a new member to meet and learn things from you. I already ordered the radiator protector screen. Pete Brock signed a book for me and let me sit in his Daytona Coupe. I'll be back in 2 weeks

So you do know that a Coupe will set you back between 150K-200K for the Shelby. I think Peter has his own flavor but they are about the same price. When Pete mentioned South Africa it is the HiTech plant that is also the manufacturer of Superformance and the Shelby fiberglass cars. A Shelby CSX9000 series Coupe was in the hunt when I was looking for a Cobra replacement and Lance (HiTech owner and also from Hillbank their importer into the US) had an aluminum hand rolled in their shop car that he would have done with power train for 200K. That was 4 years ago so everything has gone up.

It was good to see some of the area people! Since I'm less than two miles away I try to drop in whenever I can, sometimes not even with my car...

I live in So Cal, but did not hear about this. Where is it going to be at?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in town on military duty at Nellis. Where is coffee and cars located in Vegas

It's at the mall with the Twin Peaks restaurant at Eastern Ave and Richmar (between Serene and Silverado Ranch. Google Twin Peaks restaurant and you'll find it. Hope you make it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived