TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Las Vegas Cars And Coffee

twobjshelbys

Tony, every Saturday.

Still going strong. Been a couple hundred cars or more consistently since the first of the year.

They are on winter hours now, 8 AM to 11 AM. But get there by 7:30 as the lot fills very quickly.

Tony, every Saturday.

Still going strong. Been a couple hundred cars or more consistently since the first of the year.

They are on winter hours now, 8 AM to 11 AM. But get there by 7:30 as the lot fills very quickly.

I am thinking about coming to this on the Mustang 50th week celebrations,sound like fun!

it is 215 and eastern.

From 215, exit onto Eastern and head south.

Turn left at second traffic light ( not including the light at the off ramp ) into shopping center. ( Sansone Center )

There will be a Twin Peaks on your right as you pull in the drive.

From there, start drooling and find a spot to park.

Tony, I thought I read that your house is in the 89123 zip. If so, you could head east on Serene and turn right onto Eastern, next left into the center.

Aaron, if you head down, let me know and I can meet up with you on 215 somewhere and we can cruise ( race ) down together.

I jump on 215 at Far Hills just north of Red Rock Hotel.

it is 215 and eastern.

From 215, exit onto Eastern and head south.

Turn left at second traffic light ( not including the light at the off ramp ) into shopping center. ( Sansone Center )

There will be a Twin Peaks on your right as you pull in the drive.

From there, start drooling and find a spot to park.

Tony, I thought I read that your house is in the 89123 zip. If so, you could head east on Serene and turn right onto Eastern, next left into the center.

Aaron, if you head down, let me know and I can meet up with you on 215 somewhere and we can cruise ( race ) down together.

I jump on 215 at Far Hills just north of Red Rock Hotel.

Yes, this appears to be about 1.5 miles from our new place.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an FYI on Cars and Coffee Las Vegas.

They have moved to summer hours.

New hours are 7 AM to 10 AM.

Also, there is another event similar to Cars and Coffee that is being held at Tivoli in the NW.

This is on Sunday, and still being determined if it will be monthly or quarterly.

Went to the first one last week and it was great.

Called Espresso and Exotics.

Will post details when they are announced.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

espressoandexotics.com

they have the schedule there. Next one is July 13.

For coffee at Cars n Coffee, go to Einsteins Bagels at the north end of the center. They open early.

Will be there next week.

Hope to see you there.

Didn't make it out this week.

And regretting it as I was looking forward to seeing your GT and meeting you.

Hopefully next time. They usually have a great turnout every week.

I did go down this morning. I got there at 6:45 and there were about 20% of the cars already there. It was filled up by 7:30. There were two FGTs, mine and a black one. Lots of other cool cars, including a restored 1935 Auburn 851.

I saw your GT right as I was getting ready to leave around 10ish. I LOVE that paint scheme. I'll try and make it again next week.

• 4 weeks later...

On the saga... Today was one of the defining moments.

Peter Brock - the designer of the Daytona Coupe for Carroll Shelby - comes almost every Saturday morning.

Also present was Gary Patterson with his Series 1.

Oh the Story (followed by other stories)!!!! Tim from Shelby brought over some pictures of the early days. Peter told the rest of the story. I won't repeat it here except that it is in his book. Wow.

Gary came over to look at my GT. Before we went to see Peter he reminded me that the general shape of the GT40 (and the FGT) was part of a "I got an idea" that was probably coincident in time but is present in the Daytona Coupe - the front intake with airflow that goes out of the front snout, over the hood, and thus over the windshield. The original reason was a front end deisgn, but the result was incredible down force.

It's a cool time...

Whose Shelby GT (white 2007) was there this morning? It had Carroll's signature on the back to Jason. I wandered by a few times but I didn't connect with the owner and when I came back he last time the car was gone.

You guys do know that Peter Brock is there almost every Saturday morning. Just come over by his red coupe and listen. You will learn a lot of history for free.

Archived