TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pacific Coast Highway Tour!

sportscars

The registration for this years Pacific Coast Highway trip is HERE! :clapping::yahoo:

We will start in LA and drive about 1000 miles to Florence, OR. :shift:

AMAZING scenery, superb food, great lodging and the best, most fantastic people on earth! :grouphug::shoppingcart_:

Days will be leisurely (about 4 hours of driving) to allow for a lot of sightseeing :camera: and social time banana%20piano.gif:party:

The trip will be August 30th through September 5th 2014. All food and seven nights of lodging included!

Information and registration page here!

Route 66 looks like fun but I can not access the site links.

What a great run. Last July, wife and I did PCH from San Diego along the coast up to San Francisco before running up and back to South Lake Tahoe. We shipped the GT350 into Long Beach from Hawaii and back out of Oakland. The were a few days on the track at California Speedway in Fontana for the SAAC convention. We wanted to see what 624 HP really felt like! Great trip of 1400 miles 8 hotels over 14 days. If you have a chance to go, do I. This sounds like a great event.

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to go but a lil boy is due in July which is going to curb my disappearing events for a while afterwards... looking fwd to see everyone in vegas at the bash! Ive done half of this trip on my motorcycles several times and its AWESOME!!!

Would love to go but a lil boy is due in July which is going to curb my disappearing events for a while afterwards... looking fwd to see everyone in vegas at the bash! Ive done half of this trip on my motorcycles several times and its AWESOME!!!

Family comes first - unless you have as many kids as I do! :hysterical:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watching the Spanish F1 race this morning I heard one of the commentators (David Hobbs, I think) tell how Lewis Hamilton spent part of the break between this and the previous event. Hobbs said that before Carroll Shelby passed on, Hamilton had shown him a Cobra he was thinking of adopting. Mr Shelby looked it over and said, "I'd buy it!" and Hamilton did. And he spent a day or two this month or last, driving it "up the Pacific Highway", which Hobbs seemed to believe was an enviable experience.

Imagine if it had been you, in your Shelby, that he caught and passed on Highway 1. What an enviable experience that would have been!

Watching the Spanish F1 race this morning I heard one of the commentators (David Hobbs, I think) tell how Lewis Hamilton spent part of the break between this and the previous event. Hobbs said that before Carroll Shelby passed on, Hamilton had shown him a Cobra he was thinking of adopting. Mr Shelby looked it over and said, "I'd buy it!" and Hamilton did. And he spent a day or two this month or last, driving it "up the Pacific Highway", which Hobbs seemed to believe was an enviable experience.

Imagine if it had been you, in your Shelby, that he caught and passed on Highway 1. What an enviable experience that would have been!

That would be awesome to see, and to happen to...

He actually has two Cobras, one is finished and garaged somewhere in the Beverly Hills area I'm told, the other is undergoing a full resto at McCluskeys.

These pix were from a year ago when I was there last...

IMG_0601.JPG

IMG_0603.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Still have some open spots!

PCH is a bucket list trip for sure!

Planning a stop in the Carmel/Monterey area? Not to crash the venue, however, would it be appropriate to have/allow TS member(s) to stop by and say hi? There are a few PCR TS members in the area. However, speaking for me only I would like to say hi & meet the group if allowed since this passing through my back yard. If not, I understand. Should be a great trip for those participating.

• 1 month later...

Only 3 open spots left! Dont be left out - unless you just want to be left out, but what fun is that???

Harold, Love to meet up with people along the way. It would be difficult to do dinner since those are all scheduled in advance with exact numbers and many times with set meals at a fixed price. Maybe if people RSVP'd far enough in advance but I would need to know what kind of interest and how many for each dinner.

Meeting up for drinks at the hotel or other location should be fine.

• 4 weeks later...

2014 Pacific Coast Highway Mustang Tour!
There are only 3 spots (and 7 days) left to sign up! Join us for 7 days of some of the best scenery and driving roads in the United States! We will travel 1000 miles with the perfect balance of laid back exploration, sight seeing and spirited driving along California's stunningly beautiful Pacific Coast Highway (PCH). Imagine the freedom of driving your car along this historic route. You have seen it numerous times in TV and movies; now is your chance to experience it. The only thing better than that is to share the experience with friends, old and new who love their cars as much as you do. Of course the pictures you will bring back will be awe inspiring. This trip is all inclusive and features fabulous hotels, great restaurants, unbelievable sights and fantastic people.
www.smcevents.com

Archived