TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rotors For 2007 Shelby Gt (Not 500)

Doug C

I have a 2007 Shelby GT and the rotors seem warped; when I step on the brakes it doesn't feel correct. Any suggestions?

Obviously it sounds like you need to get them checked,either re-faced or depending on your usage/mileage on them they might need to be replaced! Then if that is the case,your options are unlimited!

You can replace with stock,or go after upgraded rotors such as Baer cross drilled/slotted for example.

I have Baer extreme 6piston calipers with 15" slotted/cross drilled all around on my car.

I love the looks of them as well as the superb stopping power , decisions,decisions!!!!!

When did the issue start happening? Recently, it still stops and the pads are fairly new.

Do you currently have stock wheels and is everything else stock with the brakes? Yes, everything is stock.

When did the issue start happening?

Recently, it still stops and the pads are fairly new.

Do you currently have stock wheels and is everything else stock with the brakes?

Yes, everything is stock

I plan to buy a full set of these soon........................

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111207683347?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

If you plan to stay stock then those are an awesome deal! Of course I forgot to mention that if you upgraded to bigger (15") rotors you would have to get larger diameter wheels.

Under one of those topics where everyone has an opinion, I would stay away from drilled rotors if you do any performance driving. I have seen too many cracked ones starting at a hole. Lots of good options, enjoy.

I am trying to correlate the issue with anything that has changed.

You said the pads are fairly new. Meaning, they have been replaced recently?

Have you had your brakes checked yet?

Yes they have been checked - it appears that the rotors are wrapped. Maybe aggressive driving in the past up in the mountains.

More pistons in the calipers will be more effective than fancy rotors. I wish they made such an animal that will fit under the stock SGT wheels.

Me too - want to keep the car stock; don't want to change the wheels.

Yes they have been checked - it appears that the rotors are wrapped. Maybe aggressive driving in the past up in the mountains.

They may not have turned the Rotors. If the shimmy is minor, maybe turning them will work.

Archived