TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Ideas To Remove Spots And Stains On Glass

Robert Kiser 3339

bought my Shelby GT few months back the paint is great but I have water spots and stains. Someone have any ideas on what I can do to remove. I have tried vinegar, glass cleaner and wax. Any help will be appreciated

White vinegar and newspaper. Not the glossy kind of newspaper either, the kind the news print is on.

Spritz the vinegar on and rub with the newspaper. Makes your class crystal clear.

Phill (learned that from a friends mom 40+ years ago)

used vinegar without newspaper with no luck

The newspaper is what rubs it off so clean.

I use it on all of my cars with great success. But like I said, not the 'glossy' paper that ads are one. The rough newsprint type of paper. Crumple it up too.

Phill

If none of the above work, Eastwood has a more serious kit to restore glass (use with CARE).

Jer

I've had great success with the Griots glass polish. I was able to get out hard water stains from the glass of my wife's Prius with no problems. I did use a buffer instead of by hand 'cause I'm old.

• 2 weeks later...

Water spots are from calcium build up. Using a 50/50 dilution of vinegar and warm water (not hot) with just a drop of dish washing liquid for a surfactant works well if it has time to sit on the spots for a few minutes. You can soak a microfiber cloth and leave it on the affected area. The use of black print newspaper is a good gloss coat or glass polish because of the phosphorus in the ink. Rinse and wipe clean.

There are numerous and safe automotive glass spot removers from Eagle, Adams, Megauirs and others. Do not use abrasive stuff such as headlight lens cleaners as it can affect the glass. Keep your car away from lawn sprinklers.

Water spots are from calcium build up. Using a 50/50 dilution of vinegar and warm water (not hot) with just a drop of dish washing liquid for a surfactant works well if it has time to sit on the spots for a few minutes. You can soak a microfiber cloth and leave it on the affected area. The use of black print newspaper is a good gloss coat or glass polish because of the phosphorus in the ink. Rinse and wipe clean.

There are numerous and safe automotive glass spot removers from Eagle, Adams, Megauirs and others. Do not use abrasive stuff such as headlight lens cleaners as it can affect the glass. Keep your car away from lawn sprinklers.

thanks for the response

Archived