TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt Colors

aharrison71

I need some advice... I have 2007 Shelby GT White/ Gray Stripes... I am getting my stripes painted but I am considering changing my gray stripes to black because I love the black 2010 GT500 wheels and I think it would make the car standout even more with the black wheels and black stripes. My fear is I don't want to take away from the value of the car.... Help!

post-42713-0-66529300-1392423572_thumb.jpg

Agree with Philip...If you're going to paint it, keep it silver. If you want black, go with the vinyl so it's an easy change-back. All that being said, it's your car and you have to enjoy it. But if you ever plan to get rid of it, keep it silver....IMHO.

John

While I'm certain the SGT will retain its value much better than the generic Mustang GT I don't believe it will be significant. And they will never compare to the classic Shelby's so I wouldn't be to concerned with its value related to mods, if the mods are done tastefully. If the value is impacted, painting silver or any other color would make no difference as all SGTs came with vinyl. If you like black, I say go for it. It will always be a Shelby, regardless of the color.

I've debated for some time going to white.

The CSX2000 has been painted multiple colors. (I know, far from a reasonable comparison.)

While I'm certain the SGT will retain its value much better than the generic Mustang GT I don't believe it will be significant. And they will never compare to the classic Shelby's so I wouldn't be to concerned with its value related to mods, if the mods are done tastefully. If the value is impacted, painting silver or any other color would make no difference as all SGTs came with vinyl. If you like black, I say go for it. It will always be a Shelby, regardless of the color.

I've debated for some time going to white.

The CSX2000 has been painted multiple colors. (I know, far from a reasonable comparison.)

I TOTALLY agree with your sentiment on the issue of collector value. I have no insight into what they may be but I do know for sure I won't be around to care so it's never been a concern to me. Anyone that doesn't mod the engine or suspension due to future value I think is denying themselves to potentially benefit someone that might not even be born yet! LOL.

However... when it comes to the car visually and the branding statement it makes which I think differentiates the car from a modified GT...well...we can agree to disagree!

:-)

Dude, if you want Black go for it... its your car

Just like the above post on his 07 Shelby GT that Guardsman Blue on White looks great better than how the 07's came!

So many say keep it original nah don't pay attention to them paint it or graphics whatever color you want its still a Shelby GT and for sure there may not be another one that looks like it either

The only person who has to like it is you. It's your car so do whatever YOU like. I had '64 Guardsman Blue stripes painted on, my stock hood is hanging up on the wall with the original stripes and scoop.

I like yours one of the best because you were not afraid to personalize it the way 'you' like it and if FORD ever listens they need to offer Guardsman Blue it looks great on Mustangs whether stripes or entire car

I don't get it...and it maybe that's just me...but to pay extra for a "Shelby" and then remove the things that mark it as so, seems a complete waste. You would have been be better off buying a CA Special and adding the Ford Racing packages for A LOT less money leaving the car to be appreciated by someone else. I'm sorry but I will NEVER agree with this line of thinking. I believe the SGT to be the best looking Mustang ever produced. It's recognizable and has it's place in Mustang history. I love that car as designed and while I totally respect and agree your entitled to do what ever you want with your car...it just makes me sad. :cry:

Jeff, that may have been true when new, but I think the marginal cost compared to a normal GT when I bought mine was worth it JUST for the FRPP add ons.

I like my silver stripes though... well, I like what they should look like anyway... closing in on needing to replace them :(

Jeff, that may have been true when new, but I think the marginal cost compared to a normal GT when I bought mine was worth it JUST for the FRPP add ons.

I like my silver stripes though... well, I like what they should look like anyway... closing in on needing to replace them :(

I hear what you're saying, have moments of agreement, but I feel the need to defend the purity of the car and the brand experience.

I used to be this way about the damn "snakes" on the car...maybe old age will mellow me even more!

:whistling:

Archived