TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Winter Stinks...

Eric Etkin

Thanks,we will! We only bought it in early December,and wanted to get the car down there but it has taken this long to get the shipper here! We should be at the house a day or two before it arrives then let the fun begin!

Our plan is to return by the end of March and stay most of April and include doing the Bash from Palm Springs to Vegas.

I have always wanted to go to the Bashes of previous years but it was always hard to do it from our house in Canada to get there,plus time was always a factor! Now it's not a problem with either!!!! Yayyyyy!

may I suggest that you drive Rt 66 from Phoenix out to Palm springs. We took a vacation last year rented a 2012 Mustang vert and drove Rt 66 in to Needles CA then headed to Vegas, but if you're gonna go all the way to Palm Springs before returning I say take the time and do it!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

may I suggest that you drive Rt 66 from Phoenix out to Palm springs. We took a vacation last year rented a 2012 Mustang vert and drove Rt 66 in to Needles CA then headed to Vegas, but if you're gonna go all the way to Palm Springs before returning I say take the time and do it!

We have a couple of cars joining us from Phoenix to PS for the Bash,but as we will have our car down there quite a bit,we will certainly look at doing that drive at a later date! Thanks for the heads up!

Lake Norman is nice and always more room for good northern friends. We'll introduce you to Mellow Mushroom pizza when you get here and you may decide you like it better. Also, NC is becoming the micro brew capital of the east coast so your beer mug will be over flowing.

All good news!! I really want to enjoy my bike & cars more, and like others have said, the older I get, the more I hate winter!!(especially winters like this one). I'm considering Mooresville, being that my brother and a few friends live there, and for the whole "race city" attitude. I think a "Shelby day" at the Mellow Mushroom sounds like a great way to enjoy some pizza, beer and southern hospitality!!

All good news!! I really want to enjoy my bike & cars more, and like others have said, the older I get, the more I hate winter!!(especially winters like this one). I'm considering Mooresville, being that my brother and a few friends live there, and for the whole "race city" attitude. I think a "Shelby day" at the Mellow Mushroom sounds like a great way to enjoy some pizza, beer and southern hospitality!!

That sounds like a great plan!!!!

Bike? Did you say BIKE? You'll love NC for the riding. I have been loving my Dorsoduro and even got out today for an epic ride emjoying the rare 70 degree temps in Feb:

2009-aprilia-dorsoduro-750.jpg

Wish I could say that was me in the picture. I was trying to find a photo of my bike and realized I have not taken one yet! After years of sport bikes, track bikes, sport touring bikes, it is a Supermoto that has captured my passion for riding. Light weight motorcycles are just stupid fun and I come back from every ride with a silly grin on my face.

Hey,just pretend it's you!!!! Nobody would know! Lol! The bike is real sweet,and I know what you mean about the love of riding. I had and raced Motocross for many years back in the UK,travelled lots to Europe following the 500cc World MX championships and had a total blast!

Archived