TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Winter Stinks...

Eric Etkin

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really really tired of the cold and the wind! I've lived in South Dakota for all of my 62 years and this winter is really long particularly when it started with a blizzard the 4th of Oct that dumped 30 inches of snow. Warmer here the next few days and people will really appreciate that. Hard to tell when the Shelby will come out of hibernation!

Has definitely been a crazy winter. We have had temperature swings in NC like you would not believe. The snow quit late yesterday afternoon and it will be in the high 60's again by Monday and low 70's mid week. That is one of the nice things about NC and winter: You get a break from the cold weather and treated to an occasional warm day. Snow comes, snow sticks around long enough to be pretty, and then melts.

We have a service that does all the driveway's in the neighborhood. They came by at about 3pm yesterday. I saw them using the bucket loader behind my car. I even told the wife what a nice job they have been doing this year. Well...we had it snow again last night. I have to clean about a foot of snow with an ice layer (how nice). This will take a while. The roads all look clear.

CaptDave

We are doing okay here. It is a little cloudy with a chance of rain this weekend so the GT350 may not be able to go out to play as hoped. Temps are running in the 70 degree range, winds at 5 to 12 mph, surf is 3 to 8 ft. depending on which Hawaii beach. We keep our sand on the beaches instead of the roads! Sorry about all the nasty stuff you guys are getting all over the northern continent.

I was here on November 8, 2013. After this winter that seems like a lifetime ago. Good thing I had the Vegas trip in January to keep me sane. I have had my camera in the garage ready to go get some of this winter white stuff recorded since this morning. After the driveway shoveling I'm a little less motivated to go out. I better go do it soon. I just don't know how people like the cold weather.

11626846816_2e05b90f83_c.jpg

CaptDave

Archived