TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Jer Has Left The Building.

Jer

Everyone,

If you’ve read my signature, you know the story. On February 13, 2007, I was vacationing here in Las Vegas with my bride-to-be Jackie, and – unbeknown to us- my Shelby GT (#446) was on Lift #15 at SA being completed. We got married here on the 14th, Valentine’s Day, and went back home to NY to pick up our new cars (hers a 6-speed Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, mine… well, duh?) She has since upgraded to a Kona Blue 2012 MCA Edition Mustang (still a 6-speed), and we now LIVE here in Las Vegas, just because I wanted to be near SA and the LVMS drag strip. She’s pretty modest, but the fact is, she beat my lap time at last year’s Bash (my tires and the track were cold, OK?).

So, I will be taking the next 4 days off to celebrate with her, this being our “Seven Year Itch” Wedding Anniversary, after nearly a year with no vacation time, and I will be back on Monday. If you come to The Shelby Vegas Bash in April, be sure to give her a high-five. She is a true “car person”, and the love of my life. Every time I answer a cell phone call or an email or reply to a Team Shelby forum or Facebook post after hours, at night or on the weekends, I’m taking away from her time with me, and she is supportive and understanding. She’s a REAL “Shelby Girl”, and I consider myself very, very fortunate.

Thanks for reading,

Jer

p.s. I included 2 cool photos below. The first one is MCA Past President Steve McCarley with Jack after taking her for a very fast lap around Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch's track in “Whitey”, the original Shelby GT prototype. The second is him signing HER car, since he was the MCA President when the deal was inked with Ford to do an MCA Edition Mustang. He called his wife immediately afterwards on his cellphone and said “I just autographed the airbag cover on someone’s MCA Mustang…. What?...... NO, I DIDN’T GET IN TROUBLE !”. True story. Steve is the best, a great driver and a wonderful person.

SMCjack2.jpg

SMCJack1.jpg

Thank you so much, Wayne.

Jer

Happy Anniversary and wishing you two many, many more!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jer

Have a fantastic 7th Anniversary Jer and Jackie!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

You without a doubt deserve some time off,one for your Anniversary but mostly because you obviously have a wonderful wife who shares your passion and is so understanding of the things that you have to do as and when they come up!

Your presence at Shelby has been a huge positive impact on everybody,Team Shelby members who rely on you to sometimes be there for them 24hrs a day and sometimes expect you to do miracles!!!!

You also must be a huge plus for Shelby American in all that you do for them,organizing everything from SPP,sourcing out new products for us but most of all being the main spokesperson for Shelby on just about everything!!!!

I think I can safely say on behalf of just about everybody in the Team Shelby family,a GREAT BIG THANKYOU!!!!!!

Enjoy your time off and spoil the wife a little as you both deserve it!

Thank you so much.

That being said, we have a Call Center that will take your order, and we will make sure it is fulfilled: (Any order that ends up overdue belongs to jerg@shelbyamerican.com)

Happy anniversary Jer. Hope you and your wife are going somewhere memorable and make the best of this time together. You are very fortunate to have a spouse who shares and understands your passions. My wish for you would be you can completely unplug from technology,news, everyday life, and the two of you disappear for a few days/focus on celebrating your marriage. Congrats!

Thank you and your wife for all you do for TS. You being a long time TS member know what that means to us. Thank you both, Happy anniversary and enjoy your well deserved time off.

If the hardest working man in Rock & Roll was James Brown, what is the name of the hardest working man at Shelby American? With no disrespect to anyone else at SA, I'd currently say that title goes to Jer! You seem like you are there 24/7, and beyond that, you understand our "addiction" to our cars, share that disease, and truly care.

I can't think of anyone else who deserves few days off more than you. Have a great anniversary, spoil your supportive wife, sleep in, and stay out late!

Z-man

Ps - the first time my wife ever drove on a track was at Spring Mountain, and she loved it. You ought to see her on a cart track! She would put me into the wall in a heartbeat if I blocked her line.

Archived