TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Does Shelby Stand For?

ViperNC

Rumors (Cliff) and I were having an offline conversation today about all the upcoming mods to both our cars and the topic of spending a lot of money came up. He got a kick out of my response and encouraged me to share:

BMW may stand for "Bring My Wallet".... Shelby stands for "Second Home Equity Line Before Year-end"! :spend:

This could be fun. Let's see what some other SHELBY acronyms we can come up with. YES - I'm stuck inside with all the snow that just hit NC and getting punchy. :kookie:

Rumors (Cliff) and I were having an offline conversation today about all the upcoming mods to both our cars and the topic of spending a lot of money came up. He got a kick out of my response and encouraged me to share:

BMW may stand for "Bring My Wallet".... Shelby stands for "Second Home Equity Line Before Year-end"! :spend:

This could be fun. Let's see what some other SHELBY acronyms we can come up with. YES - I'm stuck inside with all the snow that just hit NC and getting punchy. :kookie:

I thought BMW was Bavarian Manure Wagon :headscratch:

Ok guys / gals I told my wife about the thread and she laughed. Then she walks into my office and the following I guess is from a wifes perspective.

SHELBY

S-SHIT

H-HE

E-EITHER

L-LEAVES

B-BUYS

Y-YEARNS

LOL Guess we show our true spirit. :flirt:

I'll try.

S - She

H - Hopes

E - Every

L - Last

B - Buck

Y - You spent isn't on car parts

He he.

Dave

Strangely, I have the only wife in the world who disagrees… hmmm… weird.

Jer

Sounds like were in the same with wives. Mine knows I have worked hard all my life and actually encourages me to let loose on myself. She always says I do everything for her and our son and that I need to do more for myself.

She never questions anything I do or spend. I hear horror stories of others though and feel very lucky.

Me too. My wife leaves me alone as long as I don't go overboard and shop for the best deals. She knows it's my income that supports the family 100% and rarely gives me any crap, but at the same time I'm respectful not to abuse that either. It goes both ways.... :whistling:

I am liking the responses. Some great annotations to the subject. Keep them rolling and maybe Blake will post a vote for best. LOL

Love that shot of your car! Sharp, very sharp! Where was it taken? I enjoy "documenting" my vacation trips with pics of my car. The kids say, "Gee dad, where's mom?" In the car, of course! Where's the beautiful views? Behind the car, of course!

BTW, my wife talked me out of a Mustang GT and into the GT 500, knowing full well her knees wouldn't allow her to drive it as much as an automatic GT. Yeah, she's a keeper!

Love that shot of your car! Sharp, very sharp! Where was it taken? I enjoy "documenting" my vacation trips with pics of my car. The kids say, "Gee dad, where's mom?" In the car, of course! Where's the beautiful views? Behind the car, of course!

BTW, my wife talked me out of a Mustang GT and into the GT 500, knowing full well her knees wouldn't allow her to drive it as much as an automatic GT. Yeah, she's a keeper!

+1000!

Thanks, got lucky on the picture.

Seven of us got together last year for three days in the Smokies and drove the blue ridge parkway, devils drop and tail of the dragon to name just a few roads. (Doing it again this year) - see the post http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/83669-spring-fever-cruisin-the-smokies-to-charlotte

This picture was taken by one of the photographers that have staged areas on tail of the dragon in Tn and he caught me coming around a curve. After we got back from our trip we started reviewing the various photos online (I believe there were 6 different photographers we ran into during the 3 days) and this guy from Extreme Sports had this picture of my car. I had to have it so I bought the rights.

Could never have staged it more perfectly. We had some poster size prints made on kodak paper and my son has one framed in glass in his bedroom. Mine is hanging on the wall in deer camp.

I'have been lucky to have a wife like that too Jer,but sometimes I just don't tell her!!! Lol!

Sometimes, its best to ask forgiveness after you buy something, then asking her if it's OK.

Here is mine! You get the idea.

Superior

Horsepower

Everyone

Loves

But

chevY :clapping:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived