TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Seeking Black Wheels For 2010 Gt500--Recommendations?

svtkarma

Hello.

I am seeking a set of black wheels for a 2010 GT500. I want to replace gun-metal OEM SVT's. Prefer a gloss finish, versus matte.

Does anyone have recommendations, and maybe some photos?

All brands and manufacturers considered.

Also, if someone has a set of used black wheels for 2010 GT500 and would like to sell, please let me know.

Thanks.

I'd suggest either set of 302 OE wheels. Not only are the rears 10s, but they're also 19s which open up a whole new world of better and cheaper tire choices while improving both ride and hook.

Some baseline 302 pull-off sets pop up from time to time and Ford Racing offers the LS set for well under $1K.

if you can't find a black rim you like,you should look for any wheels you like then consider powder coating, thats what i did ,the polished alcoa was just a little to much bling for me, the matte black powder-coating works good with grabber blue,good luck with your choice ,post some pics when you are done

Yes, powder coating is an option, and i've done it many times with my motorcycles. If I had the money, I would powder coat a set of OEM SVT's and keep an original gun metal set.

Now, I would prefer a one stop solution by purchasing a black set from the beginning, but don't want to spend $2000+.

There are many replica choices at American Muscle: http://www.americanmuscle.com/2010-mustang-wheels.html

Anyone have experience with these replicas? I know they cannot be equal to OEM, but the prices are nice for a second set of "fun" wheels. And replicas of all SVT wheels appear available, plus 5 spoke TSW/Saleen versions.

Comments? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to be putting wheels and tires on this Spring and have pretty much settled on black Forgestar F14's. They come in piano or matte black. I'll be going with matte on a white 14 with matte black stripes. There are some pretty good pics if you google "forgestar f14 mustang"

Thanks for all of the posts. I'm going with American Muscle Leguna Seca replicas, polished black. 19x5" on front, 19x10 on rear. I'll post some photos when done. Also, I posted a tire question on the GT500 forum: looking for the best all season tires. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's seem to be leading.

Thanks for all of the posts. I'm going with American Muscle Leguna Seca replicas, polished black. 19x5" on front, 19x10 on rear. I'll post some photos when done. Also, I posted a tire question on the GT500 forum: looking for the best all season tires. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's seem to be leading.

I almost went with them, but they are heavier than I wanted.

Should look nice.

A/S3s or DSWs are both nice tires and will last a long time.

I only have experience with the A/S 3s, but I am happy with them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going with the A/S3's due to the availability of OEM tire sizes. I also have the Continental DSW's on several cars and love them, but they are not available in OEM 2010-2012 GT500 sizes. I won't drive these cars in snow, but I will drive in cold weather, and I will get caught in rain. Wet grip means everything to me. Summer tires just seem too confining (weather sensitive) to me.

I also have a set of Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2 which offers OEM sizes 2010-2012 GT500. The reviews are good, but I have no wet experience yet.

Thanks.

This is one of many ways Ford does buyers a disservice, and I write that as one of its most loyal and ardent supporters.

Especially for GT500 which is so popular throughout the nation and has a hugely disproportionately loyal Canadian following, not offering an all-season tire option (as many other makers do) or, more specifically, NOT limiting performance option packages to vehicles it sells exclusively fitted with "summer only" tires that perform well (or merely safely) above certain temperatures which, almost by definition, render them unsafe to drive in many regions during significant periods.

Taurus SHO, Lincoln MKZ and Focus ST are among models with similar limitations imposed upon them.

I'm even more frustrated as a shareholder. Makers invest billions to create products and the facilities to make them while struggling to eke out relatively razor thin margins they must overcome through amortizing costs over large volumes they must produce whether or not commensurate demand actually exists. Incentives needed to create additional demand only stress margins further.

With a decent set of performance tires costing $1,000-$4,000 that so many owners choose to retrofit, plus the additional cost of wheels for those who maintain complete second sets, the dual opportunity to meet buyers' needs AND keep substantial amounts of additional revenue and profit in-house which wouldn't require a nickel of additional capital investment that most makers ignore is appalling.

Ford will invest hundreds of millions to develop sub-products with tremendous risks attached like MyFordTouch with the same margin-inflating goal in mind which has proved to be as much albatross as brand differentiator. "No brainer" items like wheel and tire sets which suppliers can fulfill on a just-in-time direct basis are maddening by their absences, especially when captive finance lenders like Ford Credit could be financing them with the vehicle for even-greater profit opportunities.

Of course, these are additional and secondary to delighting customers which is a ubiquitous goal in any product-oriented business's mission statement. A vast amount of Detroit's post-2009 resurgence has come from the extent car makers finally began applying the same principles and practices that govern all businesses, rather than clinging to the insular and inbred rationales it claimed applied to making cars despite making sense nowhere else.

Overlooking glaring opportunities like offering comprehensive wheel and tire options for all is just one example of how far Detroit's sudden return to profitability has also caused it to revert a bit to being fat, dumb and happy by choosing to leave opportunities on the table rather than aggressively pursuing them - despite lacking the need to build a single additional factory or invest any more than is needed for their ordering and fulfillment systems to accommodate an additional option. Done properly, the entire process could be fulfilled entirely by suppliers and dealers.

• 2 months later...

Im running the CS1 wheels in a matte black they also come in a gloss black. I Love the look and ability to run wider rear rubber. Dont have that greasy sliding all over the place feeling I got with stockers.

Im running the CS1 wheels in a matte black they also come in a gloss black. I Love the look and ability to run wider rear rubber. Dont have that greasy sliding all over the place feeling I got with stockers.

Be careful. In our uber politically correct society, someone is bound to interpret "greasy stockers" as some kind of ethnic slur. :)

Be careful. In our uber politically correct society, someone is bound to interpret "greasy stockers" as some kind of ethnic slur. :)

they are more than welcome to NOT read my posts if they find them offensive!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived