TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who Here Is An Rver?? Motorhomes, Travel Trailers & Park Models Thread

I figured I'd start an RVing post, because I know a few of you are avid RVers. I've been into it for some time, and my family has been RVing since I was a kid.

My current toy is A 37ft Intruder Class A with 2 slides. It's a home away from home....all deck out, but this thing gets 10-12 mpg, no joke! (some can't believe it, but the scangauge and GPS tell the truth). Im toying with the idea of getting a 38-41ft diesel (pre-emissions), but I have my reservations about diesel units

ahh5.jpg

We have a 30 ft 5th wheel but unfortunately don't get to use it much due to work priorities. I'm not sure if we can pull a trailer behind the camper for the Shelby or if that would be too long with the 4 door longbox pickup. I will have to do some measuring. Just getting into the retirement thing so we haven't got all that figured out yet. We usually don't pull the camper if we are not going to stay one place very long because a motel is cheaper than the diesel fuel. If we are going to stay somewhere a week or so then might pull the camper. We are thinking about going south for a couple of weeks but will rent a park model rather than pull the camper that far. Looking forward to spring and going to the lake that's about 30 mi away!

I figured I'd start an RVing post, because I know a few of you are avid RVers. I've been into it for some time, and my family has been RVing since I was a kid.

My current toy is A 37ft Intruder Class A with 2 slides. It's a home away from home....all deck out, but this thing gets 10-12 mpg, no joke! (some can't believe it, but the scangauge and GPS tell the truth). Im toying with the idea of getting a 38-41ft diesel (pre-emissions), but I have my reservations about diesel units

Hubby says don't consider anything but diesel. We farm and ranch and also have semi trucks-all our pickups that pull trailers and campers are all diesel.

I keep trying to get my father in law to let me take his rig to a car event, but he hasn't had it long enough to let me take it yet. Someday! I'm pretty sure with 2025 ft. lbs. of torque on tap, that it would pull around my enclosed trailer and Shelby with no problem! This would be a great ride to go down to Terlingua.

Renegade_zps6523371b.jpg

I'm on my third RV. We started with a 27' Class C in 1992. Drove that one to Alaska and back. In 2001 we moved up to 35' Class A gas. In 2006 we made the big leap to a 40' diesel pusher. My wife has her eye on a 42' because she loves the idea of a rear bath. I'm holding firm that the one we have is fine until we retire and can use it more.

I keep trying to get my father in law to let me take his rig to a car event, but he hasn't had it long enough to let me take it yet. Someday! I'm pretty sure with 2025 ft. lbs. of torque on tap, that it would pull around my enclosed trailer and Shelby with no problem! This would be a great ride to go down to Terlingua.

Renegade_zps6523371b.jpg

If I buy another one...that is exactly what I want...sell my 24 ft enclosed trailer and buy a stacker to go behind that bad boy....

Hubby says don't consider anything but diesel. We farm and ranch and also have semi trucks-all our pickups that pull trailers and campers are all diesel.

I'm thinking the next one will be diesel, but pre-emissions, just because there's not too many gas rigs built with the same level of quality. We have a 2010 straight truck (post emissions) that's a nightmare, so I want to stay away from newer stuff. I love the V10 in my Intruder though. With power adders, it moves along pretty good, even on hills. It has impressed even my diesel buddies

Have a 40Ft. fiver. Brand new, this is my third fifth wheel. Lots of slides and a nice Ford diesel F 350 to pull it. Now I don't really want to pull another trailer behind the fifth wheel although I have seen this done in some states, but what funa Shelby would be while camping. But then I like to relax and i probably wouldn't if I had the Shelby along.

So many great parks to visit here in Michigan. I also like the parks in Nevada Arizona New Mexico Utah and just about everywhere in between.

Archived