TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gauge Pod For 2010-2014 Dash Like The 05-09 Pod

motorjock205

I would love to see SPP create a dash gauge pod like the one for the 05-09 Shelby...Only difference I would ask for would be to angle the gauges toward the driver a little more...Please...Please...Please!!!

Auto meter make a gauge pod for the 2005-2009s,which had the gauges angled towards the driver. Maybe they make one for the 2010s up?!

We had a meeting about this today. We might have something cooking. Updates ASAP.

Jer

Me too! I think that is a much cleaner look than the A-pillar!

Really?! So, a Velcro mounted wedge in the middle of your dash looks better than an installed A pillar set?

I disagree. I have the 2005-2009 gauge pod in the Terlingua, and had it in my 2008 gt500, and the a pillar in the 350.

If we are being frank, neither set really lends itself to being easily monitored under spirited driving, but A pillar was less distracting to me.

But, Im not knocking your right to have a different opinion, just surprised that some people prefer the old style. Didnt expect that.

We're gonna do a center pod with angled gauges...

I'll have the 2005-2009 solution ready next week (simple mod to existing pods), and the 2010+ available after that.

Jer

I'm intrigued to see an angled center solution.

It's very cool. We're taking pictures of it now to share with everyone.

Jer

JER,

I'm very interested in your new solution for the 05-09's.

I perfer the angle gauge position on the dash while on the track, keeps the eyes looking and focused out the windshield.

I currently have one of these Autometer angle units with Ford Racing gauges installed, but I don;t really care for the final fit to the dash.

https://sp1.yimg.com/ib/th?id=H.4882562998011373&pid=15.1

Auto Meter sells rings that can be used to angle a gauge.

Man, you really know how to steal my thunder.

Just kidding.

ANYWAY, we will soon be offering AutoMeter's angling rings as a separate item for existing owners, but also will also offer our center dash pods as "regular" or "angled" for a few bucks more, using these rings.

Jer

Man, you really know how to steal my thunder.

Just kidding.

ANYWAY, we will soon be offering AutoMeter's angling rings as a separate item for existing owners, but also will also offer our center dash pods as "regular" or "angled" for a few bucks more, using these rings.

Jer

Jer, Obviously great minds think alike. I used the Auto Meter rings with a Shelby center dash pod I installed in my 07 GT500. One of the best mods I made. The pod and gauges look great and are easy to read at track events. I especially like the larger 2 5/8 gauges.

This project will be finished by next week. Detailed photos, parts available, etc… I'll update here when it's all ready.

Jer

Gauge pod now available straight or angled: http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/kit-g.htm

Angle rings alone: http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/kit-angle.htm

2010+ dash pod coming soon.

Jer

Like it! I'll be picking up a set angled rings.

Jer, are the gauges being offer the Carroll Shelby signature gauges? If so, I would be very interested in the Oil Temp gauge with the old man's signature if ever sold individually.

They are CS signature gauges.

For a single one, call Tim Hill at (702)-405 3500.

Jer

Really?! So, a Velcro mounted wedge in the middle of your dash looks better than an installed A pillar set?

I disagree. I have the 2005-2009 gauge pod in the Terlingua, and had it in my 2008 gt500, and the a pillar in the 350.

If we are being frank, neither set really lends itself to being easily monitored under spirited driving, but A pillar was less distracting to me.

But, Im not knocking your right to have a different opinion, just surprised that some people prefer the old style. Didnt expect that.

Guys with a lazy left eye find the A-pillar gauge distracting.

Jer

Jer, nicely done. I don't like the pillar gauges because they are too much "in my face". I couldn't find it in the description, but I think the Shelby gauges are 2 5/8. The pillar ones are usually smaller at 2 1/6. The larger ones are easier to read quickly. In a track situation, it's easier for me to scan the center of the upper dash rather than the pillar. I was able to hook up my oil pressure gauge using a T fitting instead of the manifold. I used a mechanical gauge. One suggestion would be to wrap the pod in something soft before it's placed in the shipping box. Mine arrived slightly damaged from rubbing inside the box.

• 3 weeks later...

I installed the rings last weekend.

Takes about an hour to complete.

Now waiting for some brighter LED's to see if I can brighten the gauges up a bit with some colored light.

Great job on bringing the rings in Jer !!

Archived