TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Test Drove 11Gt500 Need Insight.

rollout34

I am new to the forum scene I was the owner of a 560hp 13gt with all options and over 10 thousand in upgrades. I recently had an accident and it was a total loss. Test drove a 2011 gt500 and the clutch feels too light compared to my 13gt. there is no grinding it engages under load or rolling out of a stop light. but it feels like even though it springs back with out a hitch there is little resistance, unlike the GT or my wife's 13 srt8.i have driven many manual cars over the years and only my 4 cylinders felt that light. Any insight you guys that have driven both?

rollout34,

I notice this is your 1st post, so welcome to Team Shelby!

After having many problems with the clutch in the 2007-09 Shelby GT500's, Ford completely changed the clutch design in the 2010 (and 11-12) model year. The most notable difference is the "light" feel you experienced. It's normal...

I got my 2011 with 16000 miles on it and it needed the clutch changed out...the replacement was a 2013 and feels exactly like a 2013 Stage 3 Roush Mustang I was driving for a week. The stock clutch on my 2011 was very stiff compared to the new upgraded one...But I would think it should be about he same feel as the 13 GT ?? After having driven an 08 GT this clutch took some getting used to but is smooth and easy to deal with even in traffic.

Sorry to hear about the wreck.

Welcome to the forum!!

What you describe above is EXACTLY what my 2011 feels like. I have an 05 GT with aftermarket Exedy clutch, as well as a stock 08 Bullitt. The Shelby is without a doubt the lightest feeling clutch of all three. Actually, my left knee hurts after the 05 with the Exedy, but has never done so with the Shelby.

Hope that helps, and welcome.

Mike

Thank you so much for the replies, i feel at ease now.I am getting the Shelby tomorrow, lol I had an exedy stage3 on my GT but it only felt slightly stiffer than stock. The 11 Shelby only has 10,000 miles on it and i would hate to deviate my money towards a clutch so soon rather than the popular bolt on upgrades.

Archived