TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nose Job?

Was wondering if any current or past 07-08 Shelby GT owners ever did a nose job by changing your front bumper cover to something else?

Mine I ordered with the CS8 Grille but the rest is plain Jane Mustang GT bumper and it was never that exciting when compared to the nose on the GT500 or Roush or even the Saleen's. I'm just looking for the 'wow' factor or look at me factor so considering changing it just so it seems like I got something different. Same reason why I'm ordering a 2nd set of rims for this car so that sometimes you get a different look and not get bored. I bought the car to drive it, race it, show it, and whatever else! I did not buy it to think it'll be worth big dollars later because sorry these will never be 65-70 Shelby's!

I will never sell this car as long as I'm alive so I will do whatever is needed to make it better for my tastes

If anyone ever did post a pic and or if you thought about doing the same thing why haven't you done so yet?

This is the front-end AS IS right now and without the CS8 Grille you would never know its a Shelby by looking at the front

DSC03464.JPG

Options are out there for those who want to be different . I run a Steeda front competition fascia on mine due to the rules in the racing class that I run my Shelby GT but I've always liked the Saleen heritage front fascia which to me is a blend between the GT and GT500 fascias. JMO

I like it just the way it is.

Jim

I'm gonna say why I'm considering it and is also why I think the MCA judges don't know squat about modern Shelby Mustangs! All us on here we can tell each other right away what the differences are between a Shelby GT, GT350, GT500 even a Shelby Terlinqua Mustang! If you attend MCA shows then you care but if you don't then it doesn't matter but MCA seems to think these modern Shelby's are all the same car which they aren't in fact they are completely different! They group all these Shelby's in the same class yet all of these Shelby's have 4 different engines, all 4 have completely different body parts, and one was never even built by Shelby American yet MCA says they're all the same.

My point is this, line all 4 up side by side looking at the front and sad to say but the Shelby GT doesn't stand out except for the faux ass hoodscoop. Don't get me wrong my Shelby GT/SC is my favorite Mustang I own I just think I might want a new hair style on my horse so to speak. If I take it to another show which I may not after that farce at Disney then I want that double look factor to mine. Not saying I will change anything but if I do I still have the original parts and if don't like it I will put it back.

I do wish I had a hood like the GT350 hoods which is functional

I'm gonna say why I'm considering it and is also why I think the MCA judges don't know squat about modern Shelby Mustangs! All us on here we can tell each other right away what the differences are between a Shelby GT, GT350, GT500 even a Shelby Terlinqua Mustang! If you attend MCA shows then you care but if you don't then it doesn't matter but MCA seems to think these modern Shelby's are all the same car which they aren't in fact they are completely different! They group all these Shelby's in the same class yet all of these Shelby's have 4 different engines, all 4 have completely different body parts, and one was never even built by Shelby American yet MCA says they're all the same.

My point is this, line all 4 up side by side looking at the front and sad to say but the Shelby GT doesn't stand out except for the faux ass hoodscoop. Don't get me wrong my Shelby GT/SC is my favorite Mustang I own I just think I might want a new hair style on my horse so to speak. If I take it to another show which I may not after that farce at Disney then I want that double look factor to mine. Not saying I will change anything but if I do I still have the original parts and if don't like it I will put it back.

I understand your point and agree with you in some areas. Mine has the PIAA lower foglights/brake duct kit and the billet lower grille which in my opinion makes it different from the 'regular' GTs out on the road but still has the ShelbyGT look. IIRC, the Mustang appearance package has the same billet type grille and tri-bar pony as our cars but that was the only one as I remember. I agree that the other specialty cars, GT500, Saleen etc. have their distinctive look and that is something that sets them apart. At the end of the day, I do like how your front end looks and it is undeniably 'Shelby' the one thing that kept me from a similar grille are the 'Eleanor' style smaller foglights, I personally did not like them on the movie car and thought it took away from the classic lines of that car but to each his own I suppose.

Regarding the hood....I don't think I am brave enough to cut mine and make it functional despite all the great threads on TS about it. I have, however considered a Trufiber hood that is similar to the current GT350 hoods. I know one member here has one installed but I would like to see one in person and really look it over from different angles.

Bottom, line, it's your car....drive it, love it and make it what YOU want it to be.

Steve

I know what your talking about and I have about given up on shows. If your think that no one knows what an SGT is try taking a Terlingua to a show. They just don't get it.

Personally I love the SGT because it's not loud. I like to say it quietly screams at you. It may not catch your eye, but if you stop and look at it, it grabs you. Instead of being loud; it's refined. I've just come to the point of enjoying my car an to hell with whatever others think. MCA has no idea.

All that said you car looks great and do whatever makes you happy to enjoy it!

I understand your point and agree with you in some areas. Mine has the PIAA lower foglights/brake duct kit and the billet lower grille which in my opinion makes it different from the 'regular' GTs out on the road but still has the ShelbyGT look. IIRC, the Mustang appearance package has the same billet type grille and tri-bar pony as our cars but that was the only one as I remember. I agree that the other specialty cars, GT500, Saleen etc. have their distinctive look and that is something that sets them apart. At the end of the day, I do like how your front end looks and it is undeniably 'Shelby' the one thing that kept me from a similar grille are the 'Eleanor' style smaller foglights, I personally did not like them on the movie car and thought it took away from the classic lines of that car but to each his own I suppose.

Regarding the hood....I don't think I am brave enough to cut mine and make it functional despite all the great threads on TS about it. I have, however considered a Trufiber hood that is similar to the current GT350 hoods. I know one member here has one installed but I would like to see one in person and really look it over from different angles.

Bottom, line, it's your car....drive it, love it and make it what YOU want it to be.

Steve

The Cervini Stalker II hood is real nice! Its got the same look at the GT350 with a functional hoodscoop but it also has 2 GT500 style vents in the hood so I think I'm going to try it. Its only money lol... my issue with the Tru-fiber hood is those vents are metal

Yes we all have been hammered with the Eleanor thing but Cervini's C-style front bumper cover is the modern Eleanor setup and is what I'm looking for and with my CS8 Shelby Grille it would look bad ass. I like having the multiple lights up front and I couldn't have the lower PIAA lights as they interfered with the intercooler

I know what your talking about and I have about given up on shows. If your think that no one knows what an SGT is try taking a Terlingua to a show. They just don't get it.

Personally I love the SGT because it's not loud. I like to say it quietly screams at you. It may not catch your eye, but if you stop and look at it, it grabs you. Instead of being loud; it's refined. I've just come to the point of enjoying my car an to hell with whatever others think. MCA has no idea.

All that said you car looks great and do whatever makes you happy to enjoy it!

Thanks

So you know first hand what MCA does with the modern Shelbys and true they have no clue. I used to own 2 Saleens and these so called experts grouped a 2001 Saleen with a 2006 Saleen and holy crap if you can't see those cars are nothing alike yet they were all stuck together

Love that Blue Terlingua!! Would really like to see the Legend Lime one in person as that color is great

I pretty much like the SGT nose. I think it does a good job of paying homage to the Shelby Bar grille with the tri-bar pony emblem from the 60's and the lower opening. I think it is plenty different from a standard Mustang GT with the grille, hood pins, lower facia with just enough chin spoiler. I for one like it.

mustangnose_zps16073a50.jpg

I pretty much like the SGT nose. I think it does a good job of paying homage to the Shelby Bar grille with the tri-bar pony emblem from the 60's and the lower opening. I think it is plenty different from a standard Mustang GT with the grille, hood pins, lower facia with just enough chin spoiler. I for one like it.

mustangnose_zps16073a50.jpg

Well said, why in the world would you want to change perfection.

I like the Steeda Competition and the Street Scene as it has some nice openings for brake ducts without interfering with a larger HE.

http://www.mrbodykit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_56_981_989&products_id=1232

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-competition-05-09-mustang-front-fascia-555-0500/

There was another one that I noticed a few years back in 5.0 magazine that I really liked but I can't remember it and didn't see it in my search. I do think the SGT grill with brake ducts and driving lights sets the car apart a little or if you can find a cs8 grill with lights that looks great with the GT350 style hood.

Here is what i've done to mine. Hood is now functional and I've since swapped out the orange marker lights for some smoked lights.

2011 shelbt 001.jpg

I like the Steeda Competition and the Street Scene as it has some nice openings for brake ducts without interfering with a larger HE.

http://www.mrbodykit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_56_981_989&products_id=1232

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-competition-05-09-mustang-front-fascia-555-0500/

There was another one that I noticed a few years back in 5.0 magazine that I really liked but I can't remember it and didn't see it in my search. I do think the SGT grill with brake ducts and driving lights sets the car apart a little or if you can find a cs8 grill with lights that looks great with the GT350 style hood.

Here is what i've done to mine. Hood is now functional and I've since swapped out the orange marker lights for some smoked lights.

What did you do with the lights in the CS8 Grille? I am positive they all came with the lights. I wanted the lower lights but halfway through the build they come back saying they interfere with the intercooler so that was disappointing

I think I will play around with it maybe just a different hood as many changed to the deep draw hood or may just change the front bumper cover to see what I like. If I don't like it I'll just put it back the way it came

Well said, why in the world would you want to change perfection.

+1 For those of us old enough to remember the original 65 and 66 models (I was 15 in 1965), what Shelby built for us in 2007 and 2008 captured the same look and feel of those 60's cars. Each of us is free to tinker with the looks of his or her car but the way the 2007 and 2008 cars came out of the Las Vegas shop is pretty perfect to my eyes.

Jim

perfection, you're joking right?

What did Shelby do in 1966? Hood pins, polished bar grille with tri-bar pony emblem, stripes, and, on the race cars, a new lower valance with opening where the license plate goes. 40 years later, they did all of that to the street car. Heck for the emblem, the same part number from 1966 was used. I would call that perfection. But of course opinions vary. And everybody is welcome to their own. I think it was perfect before, but I like to be different also. I'm sure many folks do no like mine where I changed to black grilles and shadowed the emblem. I do still like the CS/Shelby facia the best. That's just the look that I like.

2Hertz4_zps208e3b3e.jpg

DSC_0231_zps35341626.jpg

AfterIntercooler1.jpg

Jer

How did you fit the PIAA lights and brake duct bezels with your heat exchanger? Or is that the new Brake duct bezels your testing on your car?

It looks absolutely B E A-utiful by the way.

Jeff

I 2nd that because that is exactly what I ordered with the 2 PIAA lights down below and its still on my original order form but halfway through the build Bud calls me up saying they can't put the lights down below because they interfered with the intercooler so was that the truth or SAI didn't like the look of the Grille lights plus lower Grille lights?

Personally I think Jer's car pic is pretty sweet and doesn't get much better than that.

I like your car the way it is. It's MCA's job to make the changes to classes and to educate their judges. Why don't you lobby them? John Farmer (MrFarmDog) is a Shelby guy and on the MCA board. You might talk to him. My .02

Personally I think Jer's car pic is pretty sweet and doesn't get much better than that.

I like your car the way it is. It's MCA's job to make the changes to classes and to educate their judges. Why don't you lobby them? John Farmer (MrFarmDog) is a Shelby guy and on the MCA board. You might talk to him. My .02

Its hard to educate people who think they know it all

I wouldn't change anything because of them I'd being doing it because I want to have a slightly different look for awhile. Same thing as your wife or girlfriend changing her hair style or coloring it just to be a little different.

Jer

How did you fit the PIAA lights and brake duct bezels with your heat exchanger? Or is that the new Brake duct bezels your testing on your car?

It looks absolutely B E A-utiful by the way.

Jeff

There are two ways to do it:

1. Make a MAJOR turn with the brake duct hoses around the intercooler (which severely restricts airflow).

2. Install the under-car style Shelby ducts they use in Production, and leave the front brake duct bezels empty (what I did).

The PIAA lights don't come anywhere near the intercooler, and I have the big Shelby one.

The new bezels will eradicate all these problems. Sorry I don't have an ETA, but they really will be the cat's meow.

Jer

p.s. Thanks for all the kind words… Our lead painter here did a great job on the stripes, etc… I was very happy with his work, and with our new Silver "Shelby GT" paint code.

What did you do with the lights in the CS8 Grille? I am positive they all came with the lights. I wanted the lower lights but halfway through the build they come back saying they interfere with the intercooler so that was disappointing

I think I will play around with it maybe just a different hood as many changed to the deep draw hood or may just change the front bumper cover to see what I like. If I don't like it I'll just put it back the way it came

No lights in my grill, spp had discontinued the cs8 grill with lights.

It is your car so so do what you like. What I can't understand is why do people buy something that was built by Shelby and than change it. Why did you not just buy a Mustang? I like the clean looks if the facia . The Rousch and the Saleen were too fat looking. Rick Gardner

It is your car so so do what you like. What I can't understand is why do people buy something that was built by Shelby and than change it. Why did you not just buy a Mustang? I like the clean looks if the facia . The Rousch and the Saleen were too fat looking. Rick Gardner

Are you married? Did you tell your wife to change her hair style back the way when you met her, obviously not... same applies here

I'm not afraid to say when the Shelby GT's came out they were far from perfect and if you think they were then you need a lot more experience driving different types of cars. Every single Shelby GT that left SAI with a supercharger had way too much horsepower for that Ford Racing suspension which is not very good and that is a fact. For those of us who have had vintage Mustangs with big blocks what happened to the car when you really punched it, it started to twist like a pretzel and the GT's should have had a top quality suspension other than what it came it. My favorite Shelby is the 67 GT500 so I didn't like the Grille on the Shelby GT like the 65's so the first option I checked on the order form was the CS8 Grille and its great I just wish the nose had a little more like the Roush or Saleen. Even the GT500 has a better front-end but that's just my personal taste. Some people like the clean Grille like the 65 and that is great I just like to be a little different so I'm not saying its bad all I said was I just want a different look for a little while

And as for why didn't I just buy a Mustang, when you bought a home did you repaint it or install new tile or carpet, you just answered your own question

Are you married? Did you tell your wife to change her hair style back the way when you met her, obviously not... same applies here

I'm not afraid to say when the Shelby GT's came out they were far from perfect and if you think they were then you need a lot more experience driving different types of cars. Every single Shelby GT that left SAI with a supercharger had way too much horsepower for that Ford Racing suspension which is not very good and that is a fact. For those of us who have had vintage Mustangs with big blocks what happened to the car when you really punched it, it started to twist like a pretzel and the GT's should have had a top quality suspension other than what it came it. My favorite Shelby is the 67 GT500 so I didn't like the Grille on the Shelby GT like the 65's so the first option I checked on the order form was the CS8 Grille and its great I just wish the nose had a little more like the Roush or Saleen. Even the GT500 has a better front-end but that's just my personal taste. Some people like the clean Grille like the 65 and that is great I just like to be a little different so I'm not saying its bad all I said was I just want a different look for a little while

And as for why didn't I just buy a Mustang, when you bought a home did you repaint it or install new tile or carpet, you just answered your own question

Bad comparasion here - I don't tell my wife to change anything - she tells me what she wants to change and I agree! As far as the house - not only did I repaint it but I also changed the 70's carpet and what ever else my wife asked me to do to her liking. As far as cars go - she has no say in the matter ! You should scout around to see what has been out there - like I mentioned previously check out pics of the Saleen Dark Horse ( Saleen heritage front fascia with a 2008 Bullitt grille )I mention this because it sounds like something that you're describing that you would like to see on your car. You can always switch back to the stock Shelby GT front fascia as long as you keep your old parts for later down the road if you decide that you want to go back to originality. Just an idea.

I love it when people chop up their SGT'S " to make it their own" because I get like this sinister feeling like there goes another one down. I can't wait for the day when I will have the last stock SGT around :yahoo::drool::clapping::dance::headspin: :happy feet: :bliss::woohoo::spiteful: I think I got them all. :hysterical2: Seriously I may not quite understand but I do respect a person's choice to chop/mod their SGT. And when I talk about mods I'm talking more so about hoods, front fasicia, rear spoilers, putting in GT500 seats, watts etc....I'm not including rims..because i changed mine :hide: I can truly say that I love my car just the way it is now, but if the car gods were to bestow on me an additional stang..then its on n poppin :jump_earth:

I understand you wanting to change the car. My car goes into winter storage from November to April. I also look at things and get ideas about changing tires, wheels and other things. Than when I get it out of storage and look at the car I think that is the reason I bought it, I liked the Shelby look and so I leave it. Rick Gardner

Archived