TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Norcal Saac / Team Shelby Dyno Day @ Borelli Motor Sports

Kevin Patten

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seeing this thread now. I'm going to try to stop by, as a spectator.

Be sure to sign up as a spectator if you want to participate in the FREE BBQ lunch . There will be a Cars and Caffeine this weekend ( March 8th ) @ the Club Auto Sport facility if you want to check it out before the dyno pulls on the 15th .

Remember THIS COMING SATURDAY is the DYNO DAY !!! Weather outlook is good - clear and in the 70's possibly 80 ! I have the 20 slots filled and showing 55 people attending the BBQ - so if your on the fence you better get signed up for the BBQ lunch (I'd hate to see someone go hungry).

Remember THIS COMING SATURDAY is the DYNO DAY !!! Weather outlook is good - clear and in the 70's possibly 80 ! I have the 20 slots filled and showing 55 people attending the BBQ - so if your on the fence you better get signed up for the BBQ lunch (I'd hate to see someone go hungry).

Are all the slots full for the dyno??

As you can see by the top quote from earlier today, dyno slots are full.

However, you can still come spectate and enjoy the BBQ. PM Albino500 if you will join the BBQ so they can prepare according to head count.

Very much looking forward to this event...

Just to sweeten the pot some (as if it wasn't awesome enough) I just found out that the BBQ lunch which is being co-sponsored by Borelli Motor Sports and Racers Insurance Services is bringing in Caribbean BBQ Jerk Chicken Chef Robert of Coconuts and Caribbean Restaurant to do the cooking. Best of all Robert is a Mustang owner!!!!

Another pot-sweetener: I will bring along my '14 Super Cobra Jet. Might even fire it up too :)

Welcome to Team Shelby Treynor, I see you just joined today.

Thanx in advance for bringing the CJ :worship:

I was a Watson Racing last summer, and got to see a number of the Cobra Jets in various stages of completion.

Cool stuff!

Tom

Welcome to Team Shelby Treynor, I see you just joined today.

Thanx in advance for bringing the CJ :worship:

I was a Watson Racing last summer, and got to see and number of the Cobra Jets in various stages of completion.

Cool stuff!

Tom

It was quite a coincidence. I needed to get some drag slicks mounted/balanced Saturday, and called Borelli. They mentioned there was a Shelby meet on Saturday, and a simple internet search brought me to this board.

The SCJ one heck of a car. I've had it up to Sacto just once so far, just after the rain last week. Couldn't get traction off the line, and launched at 2000 RPM, but still managed a 9.0 @ 153 (!). It should be a solid high/mid 8's car once I get a tire/suspension combination dialed in. And, it's SO well engineered and set up from the factory, you could (seriously) drive it to a low 9 with 1 hand on the wheel. Ford has done an amazing job.

Looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday.

Good day for a dyno here in sunny California !

Top HP goes to 1) Ben S. - 811 RWHP / 670 RWTQ on his 2014 Cobra Jet drag car :thumbsup:

2) Neeraj S. - 692 RWHP / 694 RWTQ

3) Kevin D. - 651 RWHP / 617 RWTQ

4) Jared E. - 591 RWHP / 474 RWTQ

5) Charles M. - 539 RWHP / 540 RWTQ

6) Hans T. - 527 RWHP / 513 RWTQ

7) Michael Mc. - 520 RWHP / 458 RWTQ

8) Andy P. - 519 RWHP / 425 RWTQ

9) Roger A. - 492 RWHP / 481 RWTQ

10) Ray B. - 489 RWHP / 446 RWTQ

11) Tom D. - 479 RWHP / 517 RWTQ

12) Joe P. - 463 RWHP / 396 RWTQ

13) Barrett B. - 441 RWHP / 455 RWTQ

14) Don S. - 421 RWHP / 350 RWTQ

15) Andy B. - 415 RWHP / 355 RWTQ

16) Tarcisio B. - 299 RWHP / 318 RWTQ

17) Jim J. - 298 RWHP / 326 RWTQ

18) Clarence C. - 220 RWHP / 261 RWTQ

19) Karl R. - 187 RWHP / 193 RWTQ

20) Rolo M. - 186 RWHP / 258 RWTQ (1966 Mercury Comet Caliente - African Safari Rallye car ) :thumbsup:

Thanks to ALL who came out and participated in the event ! :clapping:

Also a BIG - THANK YOU - to the Borelli Motor Sports staff and Ralph Borelli for having all of us @ his place and not only giving us the free dyno pulls but also for feeding all who showed up ( participants and spectators ).

You just gotta love being part of the TS-PCR - GREAT PEOPLE AND GOOD TIMES!!!!!!

Another great day with the TS PCR crew. Everything's always first rate with you guys and gals!

Thanks to all who made this a great time possible. There was a lot of activity and they wasted no time getting all the cars through. Good work!

It was cool to see the variety of cars hit the dyno. From the Comet to the Cobra Jet, the Bosses to the tricked out GT500's and GT350's it was a ton of fun to watch all the action.

I was happy with the 415 HP that my Boss threw down. :) Though, looking at the chart it appears that was just a blip at the very end as it bounced off the 7500 rev limiter. It seemed to flatten off the HP curve at just over 400 for the last 1500 RPM's though. Torque was 355, staying right about there from just over 3k RPM through 5k RPM, tapering off to about 290 at redline.

I'm guessing it was 75* at the time. :sunny:

For those of us still freezing in the Northeast, we will live vicariously - through the web feed!!!!!

Have fun everyone!

Did you get to see the feed ? Comments on how to make it better - it was suppose to have the printouts shown but I don't think that happened ! Hopefully it was enough to warm you up.

Archived