TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Many Gt/sc's? Is There A Specific Registry?

svtkarma

I have been talking with Dennis from Tasca Ford about converting my 2007 GT to a GT/SC. They are only offering the Whipple conversion as he said there is issues with the Kenne Bell unit and the Paxton unit no longer passes emissions. Has anyone heard this about the KB Unit? IS Shelby still offering the KB conversion?

I have spoken to many shops about converting my Shelby but I think the only way to go is to have the car converted by Tasca or Shelby. I hope this helps keep the value up on the car.

Any advise on going to Tasca or Shelby?

I have been talking with Dennis from Tasca Ford about converting my 2007 GT to a GT/SC. They are only offering the Whipple conversion as he said there is issues with the Kenne Bell unit and the Paxton unit no longer passes emissions. Has anyone heard this about the KB Unit? IS Shelby still offering the KB conversion?

I have spoken to many shops about converting my Shelby but I think the only way to go is to have the car converted by Tasca or Shelby. I hope this helps keep the value up on the car.

That's a bunch of BS about KB problems, I have 2 SGT's with KB's on them, 1 auto and 1 stick. NEVER have had a problem, Just have a professional do the installation. search on these forums and see how many people with KB have blown up there engine, Then check how many Whipple's have gone south, I have been hearing about this for years and have never seen any proof, So Dennis from TASCA is the supercharger god? Until he can offer some positive proof, I say he is full of chit

That's a bunch of BS about KB problems, I have 2 SGT's with KB's on them, 1 auto and 1 stick. NEVER have had a problem, Just have a professional do the installation. search on these forums and see how many people with KB have blown up there engine, Then check how many Whipple's have gone south, I have been hearing about this for years and have never seen any proof, So Dennis from TASCA is the supercharger god? Until he can offer some positive proof, I say he is full of chit

I presume the poster wants a GT/SC badge, and that can only be obtained from Shelby or an approved mod shop. I think that if Tasca is refusing to install an officially offered mod that you should just send the car to Vegas and get it done there.

I had a Kenne Bell on my GT/SC (the FRPP Whipple wasn't available yet) and it was great!!

Before I decide who is going to do the Mod, I need to call Shelby and have a conversation with them. I liked Dennis from Tasca and they are will to tune for my headers and cams but I am sure Shelby can do the same.

How is the power with an auto? I have heard that they are a blast to drive.

Thanks for the input

Good luck, I went through Dennis and it was Great!!!!

I am sure Vegas is Outstanding as we'll.

Tasca is willing to work with the MODS that I have without having to uninstall them. I have Hot Rod Cams and have headers that are not installed yet. I am not sure about Shelby!

Well I have until Friday to make up my mind as there is a 8 week turn around for the car.

Thanks for the help.

It sounds like they only want to deal with the Whipple...

As far as the Paxton, I have talked with a very knowledgeable person who used to be on this forum, but no longer is, about the Paxton. His '07 auto has a Paxton and it does have the E/O for emissions, it came that way from Shelby. He told me that when they changed the airbox in '08 is when Paxton was having problems getting approved for emissions.

So if you do want a Paxton, I would talk directly with Paxton about the 07's and get the info first hand from them.

Dan

It sounds like they only want to deal with the Whipple...

As far as the Paxton, I have talked with a very knowledgeable person who used to be on this forum, but no longer is, about the Paxton. His '07 auto has a Paxton and it does have the E/O for emissions, it came that way from Shelby. He told me that when they changed the airbox in '08 is when Paxton was having problems getting approved for emissions.

So if you do want a Paxton, I would talk directly with Paxton about the 07's and get the info first hand from them.

Dan

Dan, the Paxton never passed certification from CARB. It was passed by mistake, which is why only a slim few made it out. Once the mistake was found, they pulled it. However, could not go and take back the ones that got through. The ones that did, however, got to keep the EO.

Dan, the Paxton never passed certification from CARB. It was passed by mistake, which is why only a slim few made it out. Once the mistake was found, they pulled it. However, could not go and take back the ones that got through. The ones that did, however, got to keep the EO.

Chris, not that I don't believe you, but I just looked at their website and copied the following from it..

Some Systems are Not Smog Legal in California

Currently, 2005 Mustang GTs built after 4/30/05 are CARB legal. Call regarding 2007 Mustang GT smog status. 2008/10 Mustang GTs are not CARB legal.

So there must be something different regarding 07's or perhaps these are the early 07's you were talking about. As strict as the CARB is though, I don't see them grandfathering any S/C's that don't meet their standards.

Dan

Has anyone heard of Sean Hyland Motorsports in Canada? I am in Michigan and they are only 270 miles from me and I had a conversation with sean this morning and he is willing to do the conversion but he would have to

Temporarily import my car into Canada.

Anyone heard of them or used them?

Has anyone heard of Sean Hyland Motorsports in Canada? I am in Michigan and they are only 270 miles from me and I had a conversation with sean this morning and he is willing to do the conversion but he would have to

Temporarily import my car into Canada.

Anyone heard of them or used them?

The boys from Canada rank him pretty high.... Contact one of these guys.... Cobraracing or Shelby001 they'll certainly be willing to help you out.

Chris, not that I don't believe you, but I just looked at their website and copied the following from it..

Some Systems are Not Smog Legal in California

Currently, 2005 Mustang GTs built after 4/30/05 are CARB legal. Call regarding 2007 Mustang GT smog status. 2008/10 Mustang GTs are not CARB legal.

So there must be something different regarding 07's or perhaps these are the early 07's you were talking about. As strict as the CARB is though, I don't see them grandfathering any S/C's that don't meet their standards.

Dan

He is exactly right. For 2007 only, only a few Paxton got through, grandfathered. 05, 06, 08 (?) OK, not 2007...

He is exactly right. For 2007 only, only a few Paxton got through, grandfathered. 05, 06, 08 (?) OK, not 2007...

08 not ok. 05, 06, yes. Like you said, some 07's got through before the CARB was taken away due to a change of programing for 07-08 which was never certified and they (Paxton) never went back to do it, so I'm sure, never will. I like mine though! :)

• 4 years later...
On 3/23/2014 at 7:34 PM, 07SGT4578 said:

Yes very few Paxton’s did get grandfathered in. My car did and will pass any smog issues in 50 states. Supposedly when the program ends (12 years now by SAI) they “may” give out numbers. 

Not my monkeys not my circus.

My dads' 2007 Shelby GT/SC was one of the few Paxton SC that made it through before the CARB certification issue happened. In some ways, I am surprised why it doesn't pass CARB cert., because it runs extremely clean, according to the PPM numbers that come back whenever we get the car smog checked. It has never failed a smog check. 

Any other Paxton SC's owners out there experience the same?

CSSHELBYKID

GTSC.jpg

12 hours ago, CSSHELBYKID said:

My dads' 2007 Shelby GT/SC was one of the few Paxton SC that made it through before the CARB certification issue happened. In some ways, I am surprised why it doesn't pass CARB cert., because it runs extremely clean, according to the PPM numbers that come back whenever we get the car smog checked. It has never failed a smog check. 

CSSHELBYKID

GTSC.jpg

Information all incorrect, It 100% does pass all 50 states. In 2007 Paxton was unwilling to go through the hoops to get it done, so department of environmental quality said no pay no play. Nice car you have there. 

13 hours ago, CSSHELBYKID said:

CSSHELBYKID

As swedeman mentioned its not that a Paxton equipped 2007 wont pass an emission test its that Paxton made a  decision not to spend money to have the s/c certified for 2007-08 cars.

Steve

Archived