TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question For The Utah Folks

My wife will be attending a girls weekend in the middle of April at a rented house in Alton, UT. We're trying to decide if she should fly into Las Vegas or Salt Lake City. Las Vegas is a shorter drive but requires 40 miles on UT-14. It looks like a pretty desolate stretch of 2-lane highway. Salt Lake City is a longer drive but looks like better highways. Are any of you familiar with UT-14? Would you recommend it for a woman traveling alone?

Thanks.

I'm not from Utah anymore but visit there often. Perhaps others can give you some additional information.

I have driven 14 a few times, very nice to view scenery. Lots to see and enjoy. Animals are nearby and often are very close by, if not right by the road. A drive where you should drive with the animals in mind since they can dart across the road at any time.. Last August I chose route 20 north of 14 and it seemed a little faster but not much.. I was in Las Vegas and wanted to visit off to the east of 15.(Bryce Canyon) My choice would be either of those roads if she drives with some caution and not too fast. As I mentioned I came from Vegas and it wasn't a bad route. I was stationed in Tooele, Utah but never made the trip south at that time. I think some others can respond with more information as well so I'll be watching that with interest as well.

Well 40 miles is only about 35-40 minutes of desolation BUT that could be a long time should there be a problem. Will the car be in excellent condition? Does she have a GPS AND cell phone. IS THERE GOOD CELL PHONE COVERAGE ON THAT HIGHWAY. And finally, she should be armed just in case she should break down or someone tries to hurt her she can then protect herself.

Archived