TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has Anybody Bought Any Of The Repo Super Snake Wheels?

blk12svt

I am wanting to buy a set of the new Black Mamba repo SS wheels but haven't heard of anybody that has actually got them on the car yet. Supposedly made in the same mold as the Alcoas were? Apparently not forged as the originals were... Wondering if this could be a safety concern but I won't be going 200 mph anyway. I am wanting the black powder coated to go on a white/black stripe 14. Any opinions on quality yet?

• 11 months later...

Thanks - yeah, I went back and Googled "BPS Mustang" and found it. I'm planning on getting the wheels with Nitto NT555s from Cruizin Concepts since they have pretty good prices and reviews are good. They have an option for billet aluminum caps so I'll guess I'll just add those.

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/proddetail.asp?prod=chrome-mamba-wheel-tire-kit

There is a new Black Mamba rim on American Muscle that looks to be another knock-off but is licensed through Shelby so it has the word "Shelby" on the outer edge of the rim. I believe the cost was about the same as the BM rims. I would look hard at that version before purchasing.

Tom

I saw those AM wheels and I like the Shelby name on the rim, but I think I like the style of the Black Mambas better. Got me to thinking, though - I might check into seeing how expensive it would be to have "Shelby" engraved on a set of wheel rims. Probably pretty expensive but worth looking into.

Well, I talked to them on the phone yesterday to get some details and I got good news and bad news. The good news is that it sounds like the results would be just about exactly what I would be looking for. The bad news is that they can't etch the wheels with the tires mounted - too big for their machinery. So at this point, since the tires will be shipped mounted and balanced, I think I'm going to pass rather than have to have the tires dismounted and then remounted and rebalanced. Maybe at a later date I'll get them done. In the meantime I might look around some more and see if another company has a bigger machine that can handle the wheels with the tires mounted.

Archived