TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Many Of You Have A Wedding Gift From Carroll Shelby, I Do!

captdave

I came to Shelby American for the first time 4 years ago today. While the soon to be wife was getting all that stuff women do before heading off to The Graceland Wedding Chapel (I don't know what they do).

I arrived before the doors to the museum & gift shop were open. When I got in I took loads of photo's and asked for Amy. Amy and I hung out for about 1.5 hours I think, a nice visit.

I told Amy I had to leave right after the 1:00 pm museum & factory tour. I said I was getting married at The Graceland Wedding Chapel, and she was the first person I had told. This Vegas wedding was a secret to all family members back home.

I told her she & Carroll could drop by if they wanted to. She & Carroll were to busy but she said, "Let me get you two a gift from Carroll & I". "What would you like," Amy said? I said, "Do you have anything in Grabber Blue"? Amy took me to the gift shop and picked out some pretty nice golf shirts (I was thinking something Grabber Blue from the factory floor, oh well).

It was then 1:00 pm and the Shelby Museum Tour was starting, I had to go. During the tour you get to sign the wall with markers. I put a thank you to Amy B for the shirts, I took a photo.

The 1:00 pm tour was great and I then rushed off to the J.W. Marriott out at the west edge of Vegas with a view of Red Rock Canyon Park. Had to do the get ready stuff for the wedding myself!

So...4 years later my photo avatar here is of my wedding day meeting at Shelby American with Amy, way cool. How many of you have a wedding gift from Carroll Shelby, I do!

CaptDave

What's to debate? I can't think of a single President of a company like Shelby that was as plugged in and available as Amy was. If there was ANYTHING written on this forum, chances were Amy had read it, and if necessary responded to it. All those epic events that made us the fanatics we are today were directly due to her desire to make them happen.

No knock at all on today's management team which is great in its own right, but Amy did some really great things for Shelby. I miss her.

What's to debate? I can't think of a single President of a company like Shelby that was as plugged in and available as Amy was. If there was ANYTHING written on this forum, chances were Amy had read it, and if necessary responded to it. All those epic events that made us the fanatics we are today were directly due to her desire to make them happen.

No knock at all on today's management team which is great in its own right, but Amy did some really great things for Shelby. I miss her.

+1.

David

Agree. There are some here that think otherwise but lets just leave it at that. Should have just left that last part off.

Nothing from Carroll,, but Bill Neil and and his wife did make it to our reception and they did give us a post card of one of his Terlingua drawings with a special note from them. So that was special for Lisa and I

During our process of donating our Shelby GT at Barrett Jackson with proceeds to the Shelby Foundation, our best supporters were Any and Gary Bennett 0f BJ. Trust me this is not a simple process and requires lots of technical and emotional support and Amy and Gary were our best friendsl

Great experience for sure, Happy Anniversary!!!

That said I have to disagree, no one has ever produced like Jer has, I understand he is not the President, but as a whole until Jer joined SAI in my opinion there was always opportunity. Jer took over what I consider a sinking ship, the service was not good at all, e-mails constantly ignored, very simple question not answered.

Also I know plenty of Companies the size of SAI where the President makes time for there customers, it is a very small company. I am not taking anything away from Amy, obviously she was very engaged, I am not sure she surrounded herself with folks that had the same passion and/or ability.

Just my 2 cents

Four years ago (2-1-2010) on my wedding day Amy & Carroll treated me like gold. Amy had become a personal friend, I treasure our friendship.

On 1-22-2014 I visited the new Shelby American in Vegas. Everyone and I mean everyone treated me like gold. They could see I was there to take some photo's and a had a extreme love for all things Shelby. When I posted my photo's here on the forum everyone treated me like gold, everyone.

I see everything moving in a very positive direction! I am very excited if anyone like my photo's, thanks.

At Shelby American Denny Keru was giving the 10:30 am SA tour (and doing a fantastic job). I stayed for the second tour he had in the afternoon, and then some. He wanted to introduce me to the higher ups at Shelby American and I turned him down. I thought...no one at Shelby American has time for me. I don't want to bother anyone. I see I should have said hi to some of the folks at Shelby American. I did chat with the girls behind the gift shop counter, that was fun.

CaptDave

Thanks everyone for your kind words to the wife and I about our 4 year wedding anniversary that started with Amy at Shelby American.

CaptDave

Happy Belated Anniversary! Great story too... :rockon:

My beautiful bride and I were also married on Feb 1.

1997 though... Got a few years on you.

Happy Belated Anniversary! Great story too... :rockon:

My beautiful bride and I were also married on Feb 1.

1997 though... Got a few years on you.

You got married Feb 1, 1997.

Got you beat.

I married the girl next door. We have known each other since before CSX2000 was first built.

CaptDave

At Shelby American Denny Keru was giving the 10:30 am SA tour (and doing a fantastic job). I stayed for the second tour he had in the afternoon, and then some. He wanted to introduce me to the higher ups at Shelby American and I turned him down. I thought...no one at Shelby American has time for me. I don't want to bother anyone. I see I should have said hi to some of the folks at Shelby American. I did chat with the girls behind the gift shop counter, that was fun.

CaptDave

So sad to read this - I ALWAYS make time for my fellow Shelby enthusiasts, and I wish we had gotten the chance to meet. Please feel free to call, email, visit, if I can make it up to you!

Jer

Great experience for sure, Happy Anniversary!!!

That said I have to disagree, no one has ever produced like Jer has, I understand he is not the President, but as a whole until Jer joined SAI in my opinion there was always opportunity. Jer took over what I consider a sinking ship, the service was not good at all, e-mails constantly ignored, very simple question not answered.

Also I know plenty of Companies the size of SAI where the President makes time for there customers, it is a very small company. I am not taking anything away from Amy, obviously she was very engaged, I am not sure she surrounded herself with folks that had the same passion and/or ability.

Just my 2 cents

Those two cents are worth a million dollars to me. Thank you SO much!!!!!

Jer

To the original poster: What a great story! My wife and I flew here from NY on Feb 12, 2007 and were married on Valentine's Day. Here's a note from my signature below to explain MY similar story:

Hope you both had a VERY Happy Anniversary!

Jer

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
Biggest UPDATE of ALL: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012.

In October of 2007 when I eloped to Las Vegas with my wife to get married at the Little Chapel of Flowers,

I called Amy in advance and asked her if it would be possible for Carroll to walk my wife down the isle.

I know...I know.....crazy right.

It turns out Carroll was out of town the weekend of my wedding, but the numerous phone calls and emails back and forth with Amy in those weeks before the wedding led me

to believe she did actually try to make it happen.

Pretty damn cool, I mean it didn't happen, but where else would I have even had my request seriously considered.

thanks Amy. :salute:

In October of 2007 when I eloped to Las Vegas with my wife to get married at the Little Chapel of Flowers,

I called Amy in advance and asked her if it would be possible for Carroll to walk my wife down the isle.

I know...I know.....crazy right.

It turns out Carroll was out of town the weekend of my wedding, but the numerous phone calls and emails back and forth with Amy in those weeks before the wedding led me

to believe she did actually try to make it happen.

Pretty damn cool, I mean it didn't happen, but where else would I have even had my request seriously considered.

thanks Amy. :salute:

OK...all this time I thought I was the only one who thought of that? I'm not that original anymore.

I do have the Grabber Blue gifts for Amy & Carroll though!

CaptDave

as fate would have it.....I am engaged and had a trip planned to Vegas back on 1-7-14.....we had to cancel our trip due to my brother in-law becoming critically ill. I had planned to contact Jer and of course do the tour thing..again...then everyone started asking us if we were going to Vegas to get married? I thought what? Hadn't even crossed my mind or hers. Of course looking back, I guess I could of asked Jer to walk shove me down the isle...LOL Maybe someday.

We did the Graceland Wedding Chapel.

http://www.gracelandchapel.com/elvis-wedding-packages/

Blue Hawaii Package

Being a big Elvis fan I had to go the Elvis Wedding route. This is the best Elvis in Vegas. Before the economy crashed this guy was getting top dollar.

I truly believe marriage should ONLY be done in Vegas and there must be at least 1 Elvis present!

Here is the best part. I had them put the Old Wedding Vows back. You should have seen the looks from the wife's friends, relatives and coworkers as they hear her say "OBAY", on the video of coarse.

CaptDave

as fate would have it.....I am engaged and had a trip planned to Vegas back on 1-7-14.....we had to cancel our trip due to my brother in-law becoming critically ill. I had planned to contact Jer and of course do the tour thing..again...then everyone started asking us if we were going to Vegas to get married? I thought what? Hadn't even crossed my mind or hers. Of course looking back, I guess I could of asked Jer to walk shove me down the isle...LOL Maybe someday.

LOL!!!!

Hey, you just let me know, I'm happy to help!

Jer

Great stories. We are going to be in Vegas for the bash and Mustang 50th on my wife's birthday, which is April 18th and we celebrate 35 years of marriage in May so we are thinking of getting remarried while we're there at one of the chapels. So is Graceland a good place, any other places that people recommend?

Dave

Great stories. We are going to be in Vegas for the bash and Mustang 50th on my wife's birthday, which is April 18th and we celebrate 35 years of marriage in May so we are thinking of getting remarried while we're there at one of the chapels. So is Graceland a good place, any other places that people recommend?

Dave

Graceland Wedding Chapel

The wife and I did a bunch of research before going. Our Elvis was the best in Vegas, that was 4 years ago.

Jon bon Jovi was married there, the women like that part. Bon Jovi had one of my flight attendants fired on a flight from NJ to Texas back in 2006, so I'm not a big fan.

We were very pleased with Graceland. The owner had actual permission from Elvis himself to use the Graceland name, that counts for something.

We liked it a lot. The owner really does look like Elvis, you'll be shocked. If your not an Elvis fan they have other wedding settings.

CaptDave

Archived