TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Last day of Production for 2007?

That's FANTASTIC news Dude!!!

Is that 1 800 FORD SVT, if I remember right, or did you call something else?

Thanks very much for the update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

The number I called was 1-800-367-3788

I was also told by the Ford rep that the vins are coded to where you can tell what the number is by decoding the vin and how to do that will be released after all the 07's have been built.

I suspect by mid July sometime we should be able to find out.

Even know the car is not getting stripes...it has to go there to get the Faux emblem on the very back of the car. That trim piece goes on after stripping and it is done at woodhaven no matter if the car gets stripes or not. This is info that I had heard early on.

Woodhaven is a bottleneck and it the emblem is applied there (as I have been told)....that bottleneck will be felt.

Rob, 5 of our 6 2007 GT500's were delayed a few weeks due to striping at Woodhaven. Our one and only stripe delete car (it was a convertible, hence no stripes) showed up right on time with no delays. So, from my experience, I would still guess that no stripes and the car will come quicker.

Welcome back Five O!!!

Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is going well with you. Great news on the certificates. Will they just be done and sent out automatically (without request), and if so, when do you think we could expect to see them in the mail??? Mine was built June 30th, 2006 (build day 24) so I expect that I am somewhere around #700???

KingCobra.

You are dreaming. After it is built...it will take 2-3 weeks to get stripped and another 1-2 weeks to find it's way to the loading ramp.....if your lucky.

In reality, I don't think there's anyway to tell for sure how long it will take to get a car. Mine was built April 16/07, has stripes, and was delayed (they said!) by a lack of rail cars due to Canadian National labor problems. It was on the west coast of Canada (Vancouver B.C.) on May 18th. Go figure!

JR

Welcome back Five O!!!

Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is going well with you. Great news on the certificates. Will they just be done and sent out automatically (without request), and if so, when do you think we could expect to see them in the mail??? Mine was built June 30th, 2006 (build day 24) so I expect that I am somewhere around #700???

KingCobra.

Thanks for the nice reception. Things are not going so well around our household (very long story and I won't bore anyone with it). Business is great, though, and my Mustang is doing good (finally made its maiden voyage down the drag strip two days ago).

On a side note, SVT will automatically mail out certificates to the address the GT500 was registered at during the purchase. For those who have moved, or bought a used GT500, you can request the certificate by sending proof of ownership to SVT (registration, title, etc.). It is typically several months after production ends before they start sending certificates, but I would guess by year's end everyone should have theirs.

Grabber, for clarification, I pulled up the invoices for our 2007 GT500's to check on the striping/Woodhaven issue. All 5 that had stripes show a "Ship Thru" address of Woodhaven (where the stripes are applied). The 1 convertible (no stripes) showed the "Ship Thru" box as blank (because it didn't need stripes), so it was sent directly from Flat Rock to us with no delays.

Archived