TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Last day of Production for 2007?

Does anyone know what the official day/week that Ford will stop producing the 2007 model? My car is scheduled for the week of June 18th. Just curious??

Looks like the start date for 2008 is scheduled for 6/25/07. You should be i the last week of 2007 production..

Looks like the start date for 2008 is scheduled for 6/25/07. You should be i the last week of 2007 production..

Thanks for the info. Maybe mine will be the last convertible built for 2007.

I thought there was a 2 week shut down before 08 starts.

Looks like they are shutting down early this year. AAI shows down for week of 5/21 and 5/28

They show final build out date as TBA (to be announced)

They show scheduling for week of 6/25 but they also show JOB 1 for 08 as being 6/25.

Does any one know actual 2007 production numbers yet and when they will send the certifictes to us?

I heard certificates will be available in July. I also heard they might be charging for them rather than sending them out for free. When I get more solid facts on that, I'll let y'all know.

Do you get anything for free anymore

ahhhhhhh

I know I paid for my SVT certificate back in the day but I thought it was cause I bought it used.

Oh well, this is why the Mustang is still around...selling shit(aftermarket parts) after the sale!

Someone told me we were going to get an ADM certificate for free. Whoever paid the most will get number 1. :hysterical2:

I heard certificates will be available in July. I also heard they might be charging for them rather than sending them out for free. When I get more solid facts on that, I'll let y'all know.

rpretzel, being new to the Shelby GT500 world I had not heard about getting a certificate? Would you mind sharing the details?

thx !!

• 3 weeks later...
Mine is being built the week of the 18th, as well. Hope to get it in mid July. Is that a realistic expectation?

Probably not. Depends on whether when you say "built" the week of the 18th, do you mean started on the line? I'd say 6-8 weeks after it's started on the line...depending on how far you are...the rail trip can take a long time to the west coast.

AD

rpretzel, being new to the Shelby GT500 world I had not heard about getting a certificate? Would you mind sharing the details?

thx !!

In the past, Ford has issued Build Certificates to all original SVT product buyers ie Cobras, Lightnings, Focus etc. If you bought one of these used and the certificate was not in with the car, then Ford charged $40 for one. We SHOULD be receiving one after the final 07 GT500 is built. The certificate will say vin # is x of xxxx verts or coupes built.

My car has a build week of June 10 and the only option my car coupe is getting is the interior upgrade package, no stripes either. Mine is getting delivered to RI, can I expect mine 2 weeks after it is built or am I dreaming?

Be more specific on the word "built". If you mean after it is completely finished, and you live fairly close to Michigan, then I'd say it's possible. If you mean when it starts on the line, and you live in CA, fuhgettaboutit.

I thought these cars are built in a day?

My car has no stripes, no red interior, no mach 1000, no nav, no red stripe package, just the interior upgrade package.

My dealer is located in Rhode Island.

My car has a build week of June 10 even though the week really starts on monday June 11.

I am expecting and hoping to see my car in my possession before July, is that possible in your opinion?

My car has no stripes, no red interior, no mach 1000, no nav, no red stripe package, just the interior upgrade package.

My car has a build week of June 10 even though the week really starts on monday June 11.

I am expecting and hoping to see my car in my possession before July, is that possible in your opinion?

YES ! NO ! maybe................ sorry that was cold............ :finger:

End of June or beginning of July you should have your car.

Mid July

I spoke to Grabber recently about the production numbers. He told me that he had just spoken to Ralph in shipping at Dearborn and he didn't know anything about it, doughted there would be anything done like certificates, and said that they are not tracking production order anymore!!!

Grabber and Ralph are trusted sources, but I sure hope to be able to find out my build number. Mine was built June 30th, 2006. 24 days into production. I assume somewhere around 700ish.

KingCobra.

I spoke to Grabber recently about the production numbers. He told me that he had just spoken to Ralph in shipping at Dearborn and he didn't know anything about it, doughted there would be anything done like certificates, and said that they are not tracking production order anymore!!!

Grabber and Ralph are trusted sources, but I sure hope to be able to find out my build number. Mine was built June 30th, 2006. 24 days into production. I assume somewhere around 700ish.

KingCobra.

I don't know about getting any certificates but I did talk to SVT and they said they will give out the build numbers after all the 07's have been produced.

So the info about not tracking build numbers is incorrect.

I don't know about getting any certificates but I did talk to SVT and they said they will give out the build numbers after all the 07's have been produced.

So the info about not tracking build numbers is incorrect.

That's FANTASTIC news Dude!!!

Is that 1 800 FORD SVT, if I remember right, or did you call something else?

Thanks very much for the update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

My car has a build week of June 10 and the only option my car coupe is getting is the interior upgrade package, no stripes either. Mine is getting delivered to RI, can I expect mine 2 weeks after it is built or am I dreaming?

You are dreaming. After it is built...it will take 2-3 weeks to get stripped and another 1-2 weeks to find it's way to the loading ramp.....if your lucky.

KingCobra.

Certificates would be nice. I am looking forward to one...if they happen. Ralph is not in shipping...he's in charge of the Mustang line. Ralph told me that the vin.# 's are not in order of sequence and was wondering how it would be determined on what number car a person would have.

Pretzel....what's the word ?

As your car doesn't need to go to Woodhaven for stripes, then you have a very good chance of getting your car by June 30th. If you were my customer, I would prefer to tell you mid-July just in case there are any unforseen delays at the plant or in shipping, but my gut says June 30th.

Certificates would be nice. I am looking forward to one...if they happen. Ralph is not in shipping...he's in charge of the Mustang line. Ralph told me that the vin.# 's are not in order of sequence and was wondering how it would be determined on what number car a person would have.

Pretzel....what's the word ?

Rob, SVT has assured us that certificates are coming for GT500's, just as they have every year for all SVT products. Sure, cars aren't built in the same order as VIN #'s are assigned, and GT500's are built on the same line (sharing VIN sequence) with V6's, GT's, GT/CS's, S-GT's, etc., but this is no different than years past. Trust me, Ford knows which order the GT500's were built in, and the certificates will be sent a few months after 2007 production is over.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 8 2007, 07:04 AM) 160267[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As your car doesn't need to go to Woodhaven for stripes, then you have a very good chance of getting your car by June 30th. If you were my customer, I would prefer to tell you mid-July just in case there are any unforseen delays at the plant or in shipping, but my gut says June 30th.

Even know the car is not getting stripes...it has to go there to get the Faux emblem on the very back of the car. That trim piece goes on after stripping and it is done at woodhaven no matter if the car gets stripes or not. This is info that I had heard early on.

Woodhaven is a bottleneck and it the emblem is applied there (as I have been told)....that bottleneck will be felt.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 8 2007, 07:07 AM) 160271[/snapback]
Rob, SVT has assured us that certificates are coming for GT500's, just as they have every year for all SVT products. Sure, cars aren't built in the same order as VIN #'s are assigned, and GT500's are built on the same line (sharing VIN sequence) with V6's, GT's, GT/CS's, S-GT's, etc., but this is no different than years past. Trust me, Ford knows which order the GT500's were built in, and the certificates will be sent a few months after 2007 production is over.

:happy feet: This is my 1st SVT product and I am looking forward to a certificate! :happy feet:

Archived