TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Csx 7000 Fia 50Th Anniversary Cobra On Order

mikeljgt500kr

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, That's pretty top dollar for a salvage, so maybe it isn't. If it were a Colorado title, it might be. Mine was registered as a 1965 Shelby Cobra with no special designation. I wonder if "reconstructed" really means "special construction", ie, "kit car". [Review the Mecum list and there is another Cobra in the Denver top 10 list that does specify "special construction". For sure I would have wanted clarification of what that designation means in the state in which the title was issued.]

I Googled the DMV website and it looks like Reconstructed branding is used only when wrecked, flooded, fire, etc (totaled). But can't be sure. I was told by Hilbank Motors that a similar CSX car sold at Hillbank for $165k recently. So it might make sense.

I Googled the DMV website and it looks like Reconstructed branding is used only when wrecked, flooded, fire, etc (totaled). But can't be sure. I was told by Hilbank Motors that a similar CSX car sold at Hillbank for $165k recently. So it might make sense.

It doesn't say what state the title was from though. If it were CA the car would have been registered under SB100 and had "special construction" and the SB100 sticker. But the price on a CSX7000 anniversary car is very low so I still suspect it was wrecked.

Archived