TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Csx 7000 Fia 50Th Anniversary Cobra On Order

mikeljgt500kr

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Cooper stopped putting RWL on one side?

I think Troy put them on in July.

I will double check to see if the RWL is there but I'm about 99% sure that I saw them when I looked under. I know for fact there is still blue coating on the inside and why else would you have the coating unless you had WW's to protect?

I'll look and report back, maybe tomorrow.

Phill

I think Troy put them on in July.

I will double check to see if the RWL is there but I'm about 99% sure that I saw them when I looked under. I know for fact there is still blue coating on the inside and why else would you have the coating unless you had WW's to protect?

I'll look and report back, maybe tomorrow.

Phill

Yep, the white walls are mounted on the inside and still had the blue coating on that 427 Cobra as the tires were fresh/new in July. The inside and outside sidewalls are also styled very differently beyond the white lettering. The black-wall sides have a Cobra Snake and not the simpler block lettering design of the white letters sides. I had no issue with the Coopers personally. I thought they provided nice dry traction and confidence, but never pushed them even close to their meager speed rating.

0012.jpg

u0006.jpg

• 1 month later...

I loaded my Cobra yesterday at the Speedway, she is now safely home after a 650 mile drive. I love the sound of this car, incredible, can't wait to roar around they mountain roads here. So, after a year and three weeks from order, she is a reality and home, a long journey, but well worth it.

post-39072-0-91944100-1423664548_thumb.jpg

I loaded my Cobra yesterday at the Speedway, she is now safely home after a 650 mile drive. I love the sound of this car, incredible, can't wait to roar around they mountain roads here. So, after a year and three weeks from order, she is a reality and home, a long journey, but well worth it.

Very cool! Enjoy

So remind us again how long it took?

1. From order to chassis delivery from SA

2. From chassis delivery to SAI finish and delivery to engine shop

3. From engine shop to your trailer.

1. 6 months

2. 2 months

3. 4 3/4 months

I did delay picking it up after finish by the engine shop by about 2 weeks.

1. 6 months

2. 2 months

3. 4 3/4 months

I did delay picking it up after finish by the engine shop by about 2 weeks.

I understand the roller manufacturing process, I guess I just don't get why it take so long to get the engine/trans in. Yours isn't the only one that seemed to take forever. Is it just the builders are so swamped or is it really that difficult?

I talked with my builder frequently, there are many items that just don't fit and work like an assembly line car and they have to change, fab, adjust a great deal of parts. For instance, the throttle linkage that Shelby Engine Company sent for my Webers was made of aluminum. These are long shafts with several pinch bolts and direction change grommets/swings and the aluminum bends too easily when you are actuating 8 carbs butterflies, etc. So, he had to get stainless steel to replace it all. Many other items like that, so it is very difficult to get it all setup to run like people expect a new car to be. My builder, Tom at Speedway Classic Cars, was super and that car runs and drives exactly like it should and everything works the first time. I didn't mind the extra time for that, believe me.

I talked with my builder frequently, there are many items that just don't fit and work like an assembly line car and they have to change, fab, adjust a great deal of parts. For instance, the throttle linkage that Shelby Engine Company sent for my Webers was made of aluminum. These are long shafts with several pinch bolts and direction change grommets/swings and the aluminum bends too easily when you are actuating 8 carbs butterflies, etc. So, he had to get stainless steel to replace it all. Many other items like that, so it is very difficult to get it all setup to run like people expect a new car to be. My builder, Tom at Speedway Classic Cars, was super and that car runs and drives exactly like it should and everything works the first time. I didn't mind the extra time for that, believe me.

That is how I've heard it goes 90% of the time. So the guy on the Cobra Forum that thinks he's going to get his SPF roller, wheel it into his garage and have two of his buddies put the engine in in the morning and go to the track in the afternoon is really in for a rude awakening :)

That is how I've heard it goes 90% of the time. So the guy on the Cobra Forum that thinks he's going to get his SPF roller, wheel it into his garage and have two of his buddies put the engine in in the morning and go to the track in the afternoon is really in for a rude awakening :)

ROTFLMAO! I haven't seen that thread but yeah, I think he's in for a wake-up call.

Unless SPF already has it in stock (like the Denver CO dealer does).

Phill

Being in Santa Fe, are you planning on hitting the Cobra Museum meet up in Boulder CO this next summer?

I missed the last one in favor of a local car show but will be at the next one.

Phill

That is something I have missed in the past, guess I should try harder this year, when is it exactly?

I don't think it is set yet. Watch www.shelbyamericancollection.org for the announcement. I think you can get on their mailing list by contacting them. They are only open Saturday's 10-4.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived