TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Csx 7000 Fia 50Th Anniversary Cobra On Order

mikeljgt500kr

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

Have a question about your wheels and tires. My dealer just received the Cobra and sent pictures. I noticed that the wheels are not painted Article white and the tires are Cooper Cobra's. wondering what your experience was.

Phil

I have Cooper Cobra's on mine and I don't have any complaints.

Well, other than the "S" speed rating.

Phill

Yes, this whole thing, along with the rain in 'Vegas, has delayed my car's delivery a few weeks. I had understood that the white wheels and Goodyear billboards were included in the 50th package, but they are not. The car came with the natural wheels and Cooper Cobras. I had wanted it differently, so I had ordered white powder coated wheels and the billboards during my last inspection. When the billboards would not fit (due to the 50th FIA being strictly identical to the original, not like the other CSX7000s, including wider trunk area frame) I backed off on the coating and decided to leave them natural, which looks better, IMO, with the Avon tires (tyres?) I ordered, which I think are just better tires. It is now back on track and in final tune, I hope.

Thanks Mike and Phill. I guess that I too am OK with the Coopers, understanding that the Good Years will not fit. Especially now knowing that the frame is truer to the original 64's, and different from the other 7000's.

I am a little disappointed that the wheels are not Artic white. I thought the brochure and order sheet were pretty clear that they would be.

Are the Avon tire black walls? I guess I'll have to reflect on the appearance a little.

By they way, (and for MY550SS info too) Hagerty provided insurance on the rolling chassis while in storage. I was pleased with how knowledgeable and professional they were.

Yes, this whole thing, along with the rain in 'Vegas, has delayed my car's delivery a few weeks. I had understood that the white wheels and Goodyear billboards were included in the 50th package, but they are not. The car came with the natural wheels and Cooper Cobras. I had wanted it differently, so I had ordered white powder coated wheels and the billboards during my last inspection. When the billboards would not fit (due to the 50th FIA being strictly identical to the original, not like the other CSX7000s, including wider trunk area frame) I backed off on the coating and decided to leave them natural, which looks better, IMO, with the Avon tires (tyres?) I ordered, which I think are just better tires. It is now back on track and in final tune, I hope.

The brochure clearly states white wheel centers. They reneged on that?

Thanks Mike and Phill. I guess that I too am OK with the Coopers, understanding that the Good Years will not fit. Especially now knowing that the frame is truer to the original 64's, and different from the other 7000's.

I am a little disappointed that the wheels are not Artic white. I thought the brochure and order sheet were pretty clear that they would be.

Are the Avon tire black walls? I guess I'll have to reflect on the appearance a little.

By they way, (and for MY550SS info too) Hagerty provided insurance on the rolling chassis while in storage. I was pleased with how knowledgeable and professional they were.

Yes, Avons are black wall. You can get white wheels, just have to pay more, I was told.

My builder/dealer, Den Beste/Speedway Classic Cars, offered to either have the wheels it came with powder coated or painted, there are people who will do that, that is how the wheels in the brochure car was done I am told. My builder recommended powder coating, as it lasts longer and looks better.

Thanks Mike. So I wonder if it's the dealer's responsibility to put these finishing touches on the cars. Seems like it would be done in Las Vegas.

You're welcome, and if you are referring to SAI in 'Vegas, very little is done there. I think mine was only at SAI for a few weeks before being moved to Speedway Classic Cars at the LV Speedway to be really completed.

Thanks for the info 1171.................I may need that if I go for a CSX9000

Thanks for the info 1171.................I may need that if I go for a CSX9000

The Daytona coupe is very complex compared to a Cobra, and a difficult build to get right, some horror stories on it over on the Club Cobra site. It will take well over a year+, and requires much patience and attention to problems. Just get a good builder who has done as many as possible before.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/norcal-cobras/121527-new-build-shelby-cobra-daytona-coupe-csx9126.html

Thanks guys, it was pretty awesome to drive up to the shop and see a real "Snake Pit" (picture attached, CSX 7575 red stripe, another 50th FIA had just arrived, in foreground, mine is directly behind on the lift). Al, the tires are still on order and they are making them again just now (I understand they make them in batches), powder coat wheels, the brakes need adjustment, the Webers need final tune and my altitude jetting, alignment, and some other tweaks. Should be a month or so I think.

Does anyone know what Goodyear tires are on CSX7575 in the picture with this post? They look a lot like the billboard tires in the Brochure?

The Daytona coupe is very complex compared to a Cobra, and a difficult build to get right, some horror stories on it over on the Club Cobra site. It will take well over a year+, and requires much patience and attention to problems. Just get a good builder who has done as many as possible before.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/norcal-cobras/121527-new-build-shelby-cobra-daytona-coupe-csx9126.html

:thumbsup:

Does anyone know what Goodyear tires are on CSX7575 in the picture with this post? They look a lot like the billboard tires in the Brochure?

If I recall that shot, as I looked at the tires, they appeared to have a painted on Goodyear stencil, I was not sure they were real Goodyear billboards.

Thanks. It 's hard to tell, I guess they do not appear raised on closer inspection. For whatever it's worth, the Cooper tires being put on the cars have the white lettering, only it is being mounted on the inside .

Yep. Typical of most blackwall tires, the whitewall gets mounted inside.

As my Cooper Cobra's are.

Phill

Archived