TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Csx 7000 Fia 50Th Anniversary Cobra On Order

mikeljgt500kr

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My engine has now been completed and dyno-tested. It makes peak HP of 466 #6200 rpm, and peak torque of 458 @4700 with the 4-48 IDAs and the special grind cam, from Shelby Engines, sounds pretty stout.

Great numbers. This sure will be one torquey little beast. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It is close to being ready, I am visiting tomorrow and will take lots of pictures to post.

I know the feeling of seeing it for the first. You must be excited. Be sure to take lots of time to talk to Tom and see the other cool things in his shop. Tell him I said hello.

I know the feeling of seeing it for the first. You must be excited. Be sure to take lots of time to talk to Tom and see the other cool things in his shop. Tell him I said hello.

+1. Going to be a pinch me moment. Please give Tom my best.

Good Gawd that looks awesome!!!

You do realize that some of us are living vicariously through this process with you.

You know from my prior posts that your car is exactly what I would have ordered. Glad to see how good our car looks!

Z-man

Thanks guys, it was pretty awesome to drive up to the shop and see a real "Snake Pit" (picture attached, CSX 7575 red stripe, another 50th FIA had just arrived, in foreground, mine is directly behind on the lift). Al, the tires are still on order and they are making them again just now (I understand they make them in batches), powder coat wheels, the brakes need adjustment, the Webers need final tune and my altitude jetting, alignment, and some other tweaks. Should be a month or so I think.

post-39072-0-99690800-1412948014_thumb.jpg

Archived