TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Csx 7000 Fia 50Th Anniversary Cobra On Order

mikeljgt500kr

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE:

The roller is about to be finished up in South Africa and will be shipped to 'Vegas soon. Here are some pictures. BTW, it is CSX7972.

:victory: .................she sure is pretty. Looking forward to following this build.

So it is now a body and a frame. From there it goes to Shelby American to get the interior, wiring harness, fuel tank, suspension elements, etc. Have they given an estimate for when the car will be available to your power train installer?

They estimate 8 weeks after arrival at Irvine/Las Vegas SAI at the end of the month, then it goes to Tom's shop at the speedway for the final finish/install of the Shelby Engines power train and final setup by Tom. That may take another 8-12 weeks.

They estimate 8 weeks after arrival at Irvine/Las Vegas SAI at the end of the month, then it goes to Tom's shop at the speedway for the final finish/install of the Shelby Engines power train and final setup by Tom. That may take another 8-12 weeks.

Tom did the set up for 7076 and did a fantastic job.

Hi Mike. Thank you for sharing. This Cobra will be awesome! I am late in the game and I know it is not the same car, but I have a 65 GT350 tribute and it has a 302 4 barrel Edlebrock w/ Performer RPM manifold mated to a World Class T 5 tranny. I am also running a hydraulic clutch set-up instead of cable. It is a lot easier to shift and better for the left knee. The overdrive is awesome. I drove my car to 2 Vegas Bashes and I got 17.5 mpg on the highway. Well, belated congratulations and please, do keep sharing, cause we all want to see it!

The Cobra will have a hydraulic clutch. However, I would strongly encourage you to get an external slave cylinder setup. Mine had a hydraulic throw out bearing and the alignment and mounting was never perfect and it leaked like a sieve. I switched to an external slave setup from Mike Forte. His contact info is on the Cobra forum.

• 1 month later...

I guess I don't fully understand the process as to why it takes so long. It took my contractor 3.5 months to build my house! The good news, your patience will be rewarded.

I guess I don't fully understand the process as to why it takes so long. It took my contractor 3.5 months to build my house! The good news, your patience will be rewarded.

You are not alone. The "process" shall remain a mystery for all eternity.

Received today the picture of my 331 just completed and ready for dyno-tests and tuning.

Shewing! That looks awesome! I would gladly have it installed in my 65 and have the engine broken in by the time you get the roller :spiteful::hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived