TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Backspace Do I Need To Fit A 12" Rim On A 2014 Gt 500

Geneo4116

Have a 2014 gt 500 ,would like to order a custom set of rims for it,( not alcoas) just a cheap set from american muscle,but I can order my backspace so what do you think gonna be 20x12 rear wheel anybody know gonna put a 335 rear tire,I heard u have to cut the dust shield off the shock I'm okay with that.

Have a 2014 gt 500 ,would like to order a custom set of rims for it,( not alcoas) just a cheap set from american muscle,but I can order my backspace so what do you think gonna be 20x12 rear wheel anybody know gonna put a 335 rear tire,I heard u have to cut the dust shield off the shock I'm okay with that.

If you send a PM to the 2013 owner in the thread linked below, he may be able to answer the questions you have. These are Alcoa's, and 12", so I would guess the offset would be the same, just in a different wheel brand/design.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2013-shelby-gt500-413/973299-335s-12-alcoas.html

R

To do a 12" wheel and keep a relatively good look, without sticking out too far, you would need something around a 63 offset. Anything we do in that offset has to be a 3-piece. Most monoblock blanks would not be that shallow on the front side. We relocate the bump stop, but otherwise its a nice fit.

.... just checked, I'm told "nobody" makes a monoblock blank that could accommodate that offset in a 20x12. We could always do a 20x11 and then have it widened an inch.

Archived