TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bye 2010 Hello 2014!

Blwn2010

Traded in my 2010 GT500 for a 2014 GT500! Ruby Red with all the options except glass roof. I got a killer deal, dealer sold as used with 892 miles on it. Guy that purchase it without wife approval and she made him take it back after 3 weeks to trade for a van! 8000 off sticker! Car still had plastics on the interior.

How does the '14 compare with your '10?

Curious...I have a '10...been reading/looking at the '14's. :whistling:

I can't really compare. The '14 is a beast out of the box. It is probably making around 580-600 to the wheels. My '10 had a pulley, tune, and exhaust. It only made 540 to the wheels.

• 5 weeks later...

How does the '14 compare with your '10?

Curious...I have a '10...been reading/looking at the '14's. :whistling:

I went from a 2011 to 2014 recently. The '11 was a great car and had a VMP Pulley/Tune which made a huge difference to an already fast car. A super driver and great car on trips to include very good fuel economy over the 42K miles I owned and drove it.

The 2014 while looking similar, is a whole different breed of animal. I'm adapting to it nicely as the clutch effort/release point are much different. The transmission gear ratios and rear axle (3.31 vs 3.55) take some getting use to also. The increased power means being even more careful about "rolling" into the throttle vs just burying it in the carpet. The suspension feels stiffer as the car has been enhanced to exceed 200 mph (or so says the owner's manual) versus "only" 155 mph in the 2007 to 2012 models.

These are the "bad" things about moving up to a 2013/14 Shelby GT-500 from an early Shelby GT-500 (LOL). Kinda like winning "only" 200 million instead of 250 million dollars in the Powerball or having to select the runner-up instead of the winner in the Miss Universe contest as your next wife (can't imagine complaining too much about either or those choice's).

I enjoy driving my Shelby's. I don't abuse or run them ragged but enjoy them the way they were meant to be enjoyed. One of the positive things I've noticed is a slight increase in my gas mileage in the '14. AND of course the power .... OMG!!! My '14 Shelby can absolutely run off and hide from my 2011 Shelby GT-500.

I feel that the 2013/14 Shelby GT-500's will be like the 1969/70 Boss 429's and 69/70 Shelby GT-500's. We won't be seeing these size motors and horsepower levels again. I missed out in 1970 but not this time. :)

I went from a 2011 to 2014 recently. The '11 was a great car and had a VMP Pulley/Tune which made a huge difference to an already fast car. A super driver and great car on trips to include very good fuel economy over the 42K miles I owned and drove it.

The 2014 while looking similar, is a whole different breed of animal. I'm adapting to it nicely as the clutch effort/release point are much different. The transmission gear ratios and rear axle (3.31 vs 3.55) take some getting use to also. The increased power means being even more careful about "rolling" into the throttle vs just burying it in the carpet. The suspension feels stiffer as the car has been enhanced to exceed 200 mph (or so says the owner's manual) versus "only" 155 mph in the 2007 to 2012 models.

These are the "bad" things about moving up to a 2013/14 Shelby GT-500 from an early Shelby GT-500 (LOL). Kinda like winning "only" 200 million instead of 250 million dollars in the Powerball or having to select the runner-up instead of the winner in the Miss Universe contest as your next wife (can't imagine complaining too much about either or those choice's).

I enjoy driving my Shelby's. I don't abuse or run them ragged but enjoy them the way they were meant to be enjoyed. One of the positive things I've noticed is a slight increase in my gas mileage in the '14. AND of course the power .... OMG!!! My '14 Shelby can absolutely run off and hide from my 2011 Shelby GT-500.

I feel that the 2013/14 Shelby GT-500's will be like the 1969/70 Boss 429's and 69/70 Shelby GT-500's. We won't be seeing these size motors and horsepower levels again. I missed out in 1970 but not this time. :)

Thanks for the reply.

I've located a '14, and have been haggling a bit on price. Decided today, to go ahead and pull the trigger, as I have the same thoughts as you. Likely going to sell the '10...set those funds aside, for whatever Shelby comes out in 15-'16. :clapping:

My sentiments exactly. I sold my Boss 429 32 years ago but this beast will be with me till I die.

Archived