TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Thinking Of Selling To Buy The 2015????

William Rodgers

I would never sell my Shelby GT (short of some family emergency thing), however my 2013 5.0, while I love it, is not a "must-keep-forever car".

I like the 2015 (depending on the ultimate road tests / reviews) however it will probably be at least 3 more years before I would trade the 2013.

• 2 weeks later...

Frank,

that is a good point and it would be interesting to see an SGT in the new body style. Having a 3rd Gen SGT can be good or bad. Since we have the originals, everything else is based off them and that is a good thing. If there are successive generations.......not having a big enough garage is the bad thing.

Actually the SGT is the next model based on the GT350 from 66. Shelby had a picture comparing the two cars in 2007 and the heritage of the SGT starts there. I have a patch from the 60's that says SHELBY GT CLUB.

I forget why they could not use the name 350 or did not. But look at both cars and decide for yourself. Cheers!

• 1 month later...

The new Mustang has some catching up to do. Can't wait to see how Ford reacts to the Z28 performance on the track.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/how-an-on-track-showdown-between-america-s-chevrolet-camaro-z-28-and-japan-s-nissan-gt-r-changes-perception-190444455.html?vp=1

Guest markham51

I am on list for first "GT350" in our neighbourhood...there is room for 1 more Stang in the garage. The only thing that will change my mind...if Shelby American comes up with something more exciting around the same time. I wont be selling anything, my family can have a Mustang parade at my funeral!

but the SGT will have to be pried from my cold dead fingers..........

That is the same exact expression I used with the Ford dealer recently after test driving a 2014 GT500 in regards to trading in my '09 car.

I wouldn't sell an SGT for a 2015 GT. There is something VERY special about a SGT the car that saved Shelby. There will be more than an 100,000 2015 Mustangs, at least that's what Ford hopes, of those tens of thousands of GT's.

A few years you'll be able top pick up a 2015 GT for a good price. The SGT on the other hand...can't describe it...I can only tell you that when you let it go, even for something equally iconic like a Boss 302, you look out over that hood and will miss that scoop.

There will ALWAYS be cars faster and better handling no matter what you have...but will you be as happy to drive it?

Only you can answer that!

I agree, I sold my SGT and bought a KR. As you know the KR doesn't have the hood scoop. I love the KR but miss looking at that unfunctional scoop. I have gotten use to it as I love looking at my KR hood just as much but it is different. For now, the KR stays in the garage. Too unique, powerful, beautiful and pre-title. I think SVT will shock the Mustang world and really come out with something special ( Ahla GT350 , Z28 killer). SA will no doubt follow suit with something special as well. I will sit back and enjoy the show.

Archived