TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Thinking Of Selling To Buy The 2015????

William Rodgers

I absolutely LOVE the 2015 based off the Pictures, the Boss tempted me to sell, but I just could not do it, it was IMO not more car than I have and I would have lost a lot on the deal so it made no sense. This car appears to be Superior in many ways especially since I do not drag race.

I will not make any decisions until I drive one, but you never know. Part of me says I will never sell, I wish I had a bigger garage!!!!!!!!

I absolutely LOVE the 2015 based off the Pictures, the Boss tempted me to sell, but I just could not do it, it was IMO not more car than I have and I would have lost a lot on the deal so it made no sense. This car appears to be Superior in many ways especially since I do not drag race.

I will not make any decisions until I drive one, but you never know. Part of me says I will never sell, I wish I had a bigger garage!!!!!!!!

As great as the car seems to be in terms of sophistication, from a style standpoint it doesn't float my boat.

However, you'll probably should wait to see how the rumored SVT GT-350 turns out.

-Tom

I won't be selling anything to pick up the 2015, however I will be looking to add the new Mustang to my garage when they release GT 350 or SAI car.

The first time I saw the pictures I was not a fan. It has already started to grow on me and, as you stated originally, it seems to be a far superior car on all fronts. The styling still doesn't really do it for me but maybe once I drive one and see them in person a few times that will change. I'm also waiting to see what the SVT will be like. I like to DD but also drag and track my cars. The huge suspension change could be pretty epic. We will just have to see but I am not ruling one out just yet. I love my current 07 500 but we all know how far the cars and the motors have come in the past few years alone. With my basic mods and on the bottle I'm making 735whp but the new 500s are pretty much making that stock! Depending on what some of the NA models may be like I may just add to the stable if I can get out of the northeast and ditch my winter ride. I love a sweet NA/all motor car.

I would absolutely wait for one of the SAI or Special Editions as well. I can not see adding another Mustang, I do not want 2 cars so similar unless I lived down south where I could use it as a DD, that might change things. I have a Shelby and a 911 as well as my DD Ram Crew Cab, if I added something else it would be different than both, probably a Convertible. At this point that is not going to happen, I need more garage space.

Can not wait to see it in person.

I have thought about tradeing my SGT for a 2015 but I don't think a dealer would give very much for a 2007 SGT. I did see the 2015 convertible in the display at the Barrett-Jackson auction.It looked nice. Rick

It seems like the '70's all over again. The 2015 doesn't look bad but I think the 2005s to 2014s are more my style. I think from here they will drift further away from that historic Mustang look. Like a lot of people said....."maybe a daily driver someday". For me it would be something I'd buy one of my girls but not for me.

SVT

It seems like the '70's all over again. The 2015 doesn't look bad but I think the 2005s to 2014s are more my style. I think from here they will drift further away from that historic Mustang look. Like a lot of people said....."maybe a daily driver someday". For me it would be something I'd buy one of my girls but not for me.

SVT

Now there is an excuse to have both! Let's see.... how do I convince my wife to buy my 6 year old a 2015 Mustang..... because it's for her, right? :bliss:

To the point above, I wouldn't sell my pre-title Shelby given there will not be another (revised fed crash laws).

In a few years, I may pick up a clean used SVT GT350; (if there is such a thing).

I agree Chris. I will keep my 07 and then in a couple of years keep my eyes open for a babied GT350. They will be out there, that's how I got my 13 Boss. Used, but with only 300 miles on her with all the documentation, but thousands less than a new one. They will be out there to be had.

Like most, I can't see getting rid of mine......hell at 17K miles she is still not yet broken in. But I do like what Ford has done with the new body style, it could have been a lot worse. Also, now with SAI offering a Shelby GT conversion for the 2014 body style, that complicates things for me even more.

I just found out at work they might want me to move to the Charlotte area, that means the Ram Crew Cab will not be needed, we will see. How great would it be to even get 18 MPG. Lol

We're most likely headed to Vegas within the year and my Dodge 1500 would also be superfluous (except for the times I need to haul something, which does happen occasionally). At a minimum it would be parked and something a little more mileage friendly. I really liked the 2015 convertible they showed occasionally at BJ.

We're most likely headed to Vegas within the year and my Dodge 1500 would also be superfluous (except for the times I need to haul something, which does happen occasionally). At a minimum it would be parked and something a little more mileage friendly. I really liked the 2015 convertible they showed occasionally at BJ.

That is what the wife said, mine will be paid off in the next few months, she said just keep it and drive your 911 and Shelby more.

I love your Ford GT, I should have jumped on one of those back when they were going for under MSRP, as long as you keep it in mint condition you will end up making money. Are they values still rising?

That is what the wife said, mine will be paid off in the next few months, she said just keep it and drive your 911 and Shelby more.

I love your Ford GT, I should have jumped on one of those back when they were going for under MSRP, as long as you keep it in mint condition you will end up making money. Are they values still rising?

Oh yes they keep going up. It was just reported by "GTJOEY" (he wrote the recent SVT on the GT and also co-owner of the around the world GT) just reported that two delivery miles Heritages were bought for an average of 410K for the pair...

I love my GT, and I totally lucked into this one - I didn't know it was a Heritage until the guy I was buying it from and my friend from Ford - Tim- told me it was my second choice. I was looking for a Tungsten car and ended up with this one :)

It's a photo car!!! If they had a category for "most pictures taken" at the car shows the Gulf colors would be a winner.

Like most, I can't see getting rid of mine......hell at 17K miles she is still not yet broken in. But I do like what Ford has done with the new body style, it could have been a lot worse. Also, now with SAI offering a Shelby GT conversion for the 2014 body style, that complicates things for me even more.

At first look I read the "complicate" as "implicate" and nodded: The fact that Shelby offers a GT conversion for the 2014 might carry an implication that sooner or later there will be such a conversion for the 2015 and 2015+ models. I'll be eager to see what SA comes up with in that regard. Mmm-mmm!

I love my GT, and I totally lucked into this one - I didn't know it was a Heritage until the guy I was buying it from and my friend from Ford - Tim- told me it was my second choice. I was looking for a Tungsten car and ended up with this one :)

It's a photo car!!! If they had a category for "most pictures taken" at the car shows the Gulf colors would be a winner.

Mecum Auctions I just saw a Gulf GT go for $320K

At first look I read the "complicate" as "implicate" and nodded: The fact that Shelby offers a GT conversion for the 2014 might carry an implication that sooner or later there will be such a conversion for the 2015 and 2015+ models. I'll be eager to see what SA comes up with in that regard. Mmm-mmm!

Frank,

that is a good point and it would be interesting to see an SGT in the new body style. Having a 3rd Gen SGT can be good or bad. Since we have the originals, everything else is based off them and that is a good thing. If there are successive generations.......not having a big enough garage is the bad thing.

Archived