TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Not A Part But A Good Thought (Me Thinks Anyway)

NMAv

What about a couple different Shelby throw blankets. 4 x 6 or there abouts.

Gotcha… Thanks!

Jer

Great idea! I have a friend that makes custom throw blankets. She prints your photos (9 photos I think) on the blanket using dye sublimation. It uses heat to set the image, it becomes part of the blanket, you can't really feel the print on the fabric.

If I remember correctly, she charges $100. Pretty cool custom blanket.

• 4 weeks later...

What sizes would you all want to see (pricing below)?

Also, which Shelby logo (I know I'm opening Pandora's box there - I'll just ask for no car-specific ones at first)?

30 x 40 $59.99

50 x 60 $79.99

60 x 80 $119.99

Jer

You guys are reading my mind! LOL

Jer

Do we dare open the color discussion?

NO! LOL…. Let me earn my pay on SOMETHING, man!!!!

hahahaha

Jer

How about a blanket like this? That way you could have maybe a big CS logo or anything else in the middle and have all Shelby model logos around the blanket. Would make it so you wouldn't have to offer like 10 different blankets for everyone's different models. I actually picked up this blanket at the Ford Merchandise trailer at a Nascar race a few years ago. Makes a great blanket to take to car shows when its cold. I would love to have a Shelby blanket with all the different sheby model logos.

FordMustangBlanket_zpsd46c9ba6.jpeg

Jer, Do I get first crack at the throws for the brainstorming recommendation .... at a huge discount ..... :-)

Any time frame? I would be interested in finding out who you used as a manufacturer if you could send me a note off line. I'm involved with my kids skating club and I believe this type of thing would be a great fund raiser.

Jeff

• 1 month later...

With Jer gone and the new guys focused on product R&D, is it safe to assume products like this will not showing up on shelves anytime soon?

• 4 weeks later...

Samples for these blankets were done and approved. Whether Shelby orders them now is up to them.

Jer

Thanks Jer. Can you send me the name of the vendor you used off line. My kids are part of a skating club and I'm looking for a manufacturer to make club blankets.

Jeff

Done.

Jer

Jer.......since you have an "IN" ..... sort of, at SA, and YOU have connections and KNOW how to get things done........... Have you thought about starting a Business where you produce cool items the TS Members dream up and do it under a Licensing from Shelby American Licensing? You pay SAL their Licensing Fee for the items sold and you pay the Person who gives you the Design 15% of the Profits and you keep the rest. Farmdog does this with the graphics and Decals that he produces and you can do this with other items. People have said they would like SA to start producing "CS" Grill Emblems and there are those Miles Grill Medallions, the Blankets, and I am sure that there is a host of other items that Shelby Owners would love to have but are not being produced. YOU could get those made.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw where Wal Mart is now producing Custom Throw Blankets. You give them a Photo and they produce a Blanket.

http://photos.walmart.com/walmart/storepage/storePageId=Blankets?povid=P1171-C1110.2784+1455.2776+1115.2956-L320

I just saw where Wal Mart is now producing Custom Throw Blankets. You give them a Photo and they produce a Blanket.

http://photos.walmart.com/walmart/storepage/storePageId=Blankets?povid=P1171-C1110.2784+1455.2776+1115.2956-L320

I have a friend that makes the photo blankets. Her blanket has nine sections for you to put photos. She uses dye sublimation to make the photos part of the blanket. They're pretty cool looking!

Archived