TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Raptor Fuel Economy

wrc4

Ford claims the Raptor's fuel economy is 11city/16hwy. I'm curious to know what real world MPGs are for city driving in the Raptor? Also, with the supercharger installed what is the impact to MPG under normal driving conditions?

Words that definitely DO NOT go together; " Raptor and fuel economy "

I drive mine around town.

Getting between 11 and 12.5 and it seems to be improving slightly at each fill up.

No super charger, so can't comment on that.

Ford claims the Raptor's fuel economy is 11city/16hwy. I'm curious to know what real world MPGs are for city driving in the Raptor?

For my wife's Raptor the numbers are spot on. She averages about 13.5 mpg combined with mostly city. With a supercharger? Don't know yet but she has been eyeballing the Roush kit.

One of the reasons I got the Ram over the Raptor was the MPG, I drive mine over 15K miles a year so that extra 4 MPG makes a difference, it is like 30-40% better fuel economy. I love the look, but I do not off road so the Ram it is.

Based on the research I did when buying most got around 11-12 MPG Combined City/Highway from the Raptor.

I can't speak to the SC, but my Raptor gets about 15 mpg on the highway cruising at about 70-75 mph. I don't drive it around town much, so can't speak to that part, but 10-11 would seem reasonable.

you got a Raptor too, pics?

I get about 12-12.5 on my super crew. This is my 3rd raptor and they all do about the same. I did get 1mpg better with the modified air raid CAI. That all stop and go city. On the highway I see 16-18 doing 80-85mph. Also that was with bak flip bed cover and now with a snug top shell.

Congrats! I've got 80k miles on my 2011 SCrew. I get 13mpg over the long average, but I drive as fast as I can everywhere I go in it and pass aggressively by normal standards. Its worth it just for the ride quality ON road in my opinion.

For the most information you can get on the raptor, go to www.fordraptor.com

Its a forum with massive participation, information, and entertainment. Its amazing what comes out of it sometimes. It gets a little colorful there. But that's what happens when you get 10000 alpha males together.

I have been on fordraptor.com. Signed up shortly after getting the Raptor in November.

"colorful" is putting mildly. They definitely call it the way they see it.

And there quite a few alpha females there too.

GREAT place, and the info exchanged is amazing.

I would call it an "R" rated version of Team Shelby.

Congrats on the new Raptor.

You are gonna love it.

Superchargers have no efect on fuel mileage unless you get into it. Just driving around it makes no difference. But when you hear the wine all bets are off. I have a GT500 and no way can a 500 H/P motor normally asperated motor get 18MPG's

I would agree with all of the posts so far,you have to remember the Raptor weighs almost 3 tons,so if you add things such as bigger tires(say 35s or in my case 37s) they will change the consumption as well. As for fuel economy with a supercharger,I installed the Roush 590 kit on mine,and all I can say is WOW!!!!!! You cannot help but put your foot into it more often than not!!!!!

If anyone is looking to up the performance a little,I have an SCR handheld tuner and an AFE cold air intake which I would like to sell. Stage 3 package price is $729 so I would be happy to see around $450. PM me if anyone is interested!

Archived